Delivery times?

3 minutes ago, Leaine said:

Not heard about the Amazon voucher? Who told you about this? Need much more than an Amazon voucher for the trouble it's caused me!

I may be mistaken, but I recall people on this thread saying that is what they received when their cars arrived (and some received ubs power banks as a small free gift when they complained whilst waiting for delivery). 

The problem I had is Skoda refused to listen to any of my complaints as it was a lease (via a broker) and I didn't know the delership or lease company. Turns out the lease company was Skoda all along, so poor show that they refused to log a customer complaint or respond to me.

I had a text earlier from the dealer saying the factory has accepted my order and is now awaiting a build slot. I assumed this would have been the case four weeks ago when I placed the order. Does anyone know what this means? Am I further along the process now, I still do not have a build date which I assume would be the next step?

17 hours ago, TankTankBoom said:

I had a text earlier from the dealer saying the factory has accepted my order and is now awaiting a build slot. I assumed this would have been the case four weeks ago when I placed the order. Does anyone know what this means? Am I further along the process now, I still do not have a build date which I assume would be the next step?

The dealer is not telling you 100% of what is happening 

Each dealer has a quota (basically to stop one dealer ordering loads of cars and blocking other dealers across Europe), when they have used their quota their orders are basically held in a queue waiting for available quota  and not even reached factory build queue (although unlikely to tell you).    Basically dealer has taken an order even though they used all their order slots for the month (the equivalent of sticking a paper order form in a drawer and only processing it at end of month).  

Factory accepting now means they have your order in the factory queue (how quick it gets to front and actually gets built will depend on spec and options, there are some parts that delay process because the suppliers have limited capacity).

Now the factory knows your order, it will evaluate when it has sufficient parts for your chosen spec and then create a build date.    Once built, can then take 4-8 weeks for delivery depending shipping schedules etc

Edited by SurreyJohn
  • Like 2

On 29/09/2023 at 14:32, whereismyorder said:

Here we are 10 days later...   Still at port of exist, awaiting shipping to the UK 🤨

Well yestrerday it arrived in the UK ports (where do they arrive at?).  So looking good for mid October and tbh i am looking forward to it, its been but just a few short months not in an estate car, the space and bbot size have been sorely missed!

Please be a good one!!!!!

1 hour ago, whereismyorder said:

Well yestrerday it arrived in the UK ports (where do they arrive at?).  

Sheerness, Grimsby, Tyne

Pick the port nearest you then go onto a ship tracker website, look for vehicle carrier ships.  Look for one that started in Emden (might do multiple discharge ports so someone looking might see it coming from another UK port

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mine arrived at the dealers this week. Tomorrow will be the 18 month anniversary of the order date

Collecting on 30th or 31st. Just in time as the tax on my kodiaq runs out on the 31st

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Leaine said:

Fingers crossed its everything I have hoped over the last 21 months! 

Must say at circa 400mls in, I am very impressed with mine. Ride is superb, comfortable, first experience of DSG auto - smooth, SEL trim well appointed.

And (thus far!) no funny upsets with the tech!!!!

• Love it! 1

Just been advised that my Octavia SE L Estate in Graphite Grey has arrived at the dealership. Ordered 21st April (23) so just a little over 6 month for delivery. Certainly not as long as some folk on here have waited!

Pick up date to be arranged......exciting! 

• Confused 1

I'm absolutely livid with Skoda. Supposed to be picking my car up at 50m today, after a long 19 month wait. For them to call me 30 minutes ago to say when they were doing final checks on the vehicle they've realised it needs a new part for the computer.

I've already changed insurance over and booked the new car in to have dashcam hard wired. Absolute joke!! 

I have bought numerous new Skodas over the last 15 years, I will never buy skoda again now. 

• Confused 1

Barstewards,   Really PDI just being done today, or someone notices the computer.

I would not have 3rd party fitting anything until you know the car is of merchantable quality.  

I hope the Dealer Principal is dropping the top of the range demonstrator they use off with you until next week. 

17 minutes ago, Rooted said:

Barstewards,   Really PDI just being done today, or someone notices the computer.

I would not have 3rd party fitting anything until you know the car is of merchantable quality.  

I hope the Dealer Principal is dropping the top of the range demonstrator they use off with you until next week. 

Nope, doing absolutely nothing! Not even paying the extra that I have to pay again to change the insurance!!

Completely lost confidence in Skoda now 

• Sad 1

On 27/10/2023 at 17:04, Leaine said:

Nope, doing absolutely nothing! Not even paying the extra that I have to pay again to change the insurance!!

Completely lost confidence in Skoda now 

On the day my car was meant to be delivered I’d been promised a morning delivery slot. It got  to 11:00 and I’ve heard nothing so I ring the dealer, no answer. Keep trying and eventually get hold of some guy who couldn’t help me but said he’d get someone to call me back. An hour later I’ve heard nothing so I ring again and get a different person who said there was no record of my earlier call but that she’d look into it and call me back. She eventually calls back and says the car will be with me by 16;00. 

When the car eventually turns up the delivery driver told me he’d been on his way home when he got a frantic call from the dealer asking him to come get my car and bring it to me as they’d completely forgotten to book the delivery in! 

From start to finish Skoda have been appalling to deal with and purely on principle I’ll never buy another car from them again. 

So i finally have my new car, she's a beauty! It is all singing, dancing with bells and whistles! 

I've read the manual from back to front and I may get ribbed on here but I have a question that I cannot find the answer to.

On the drivers side wing mirror there is an orange light that flashes, it's facing the glass of the door so not for other road users. What is it for??

I've added a little pic of the inside, albeit quite dark! 

20231101_191040.jpg

received_351015704062235.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leaine said:

On the drivers side wing mirror there is an orange light that flashes

Does it only flash when you indicate right?

Thanks. AG Falco

10 hours ago, Leaine said:

So i finally have my new car, she's a beauty! It is all singing, dancing with bells and whistles! 

I've read the manual from back to front and I may get ribbed on here but I have a question that I cannot find the answer to.

On the drivers side wing mirror there is an orange light that flashes, it's facing the glass of the door so not for other road users. What is it for??

I've added a little pic of the inside, albeit quite dark! 

20231101_191040.jpg

received_351015704062235.jpeg

Fantastic - enjoy and great colour👍

On 01/11/2023 at 16:37, Schumm3 said:

Octavia vrs tsi with few extras (like rear camera) ordered November 26th 2022. Arrived to dealer yesterday, pick up next week.

according to the VIN it is model year 2024