Can bus relay 487 location

Hi all

I am wanting to get a canbus converter from 1.6 to 2.0

I have seen a relay 487 part number: 5J0 035 751.

I know they mainly used these in Fabia 2 and roomster.

There is a few local scrap yards near by so I'm hoping to have a look around there German section to see if there is any cars that has it fitted from factory.

Does anyone know if these relays came fitted with the car, also would the be located under the steering wheel or behind the head unit?

I've seen one from Czech which is quite pricy with the delivery so it would be ideal if I could just pop to a local breakers.

Thanks for any help

5745bcf4c73c2.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 10/05/2021 at 19:50, Franky89 said:

Hi all

I am wanting to get a canbus converter from 1.6 to 2.0

I have seen a relay 487 part number: 5J0 035 751.

I know they mainly used these in Fabia 2 and roomster.

There is a few local scrap yards near by so I'm hoping to have a look around there German section to see if there is any cars that has it fitted from factory.

Does anyone know if these relays came fitted with the car, also would the be located under the steering wheel or behind the head unit?

I've seen one from Czech which is quite pricy with the delivery so it would be ideal if I could just pop to a local breakers.

Thanks for any help

5745bcf4c73c2.jpg

Did you find one I'm reluctant to shell out £80 for a new one

• 5 weeks later...
On 08/08/2022 at 08:52, Jamesey said:

Did you find one I'm reluctant to shell out £80 for a new one

Sorry for the late response, the only one I've found is on the skoda-parts website that are around £80 and they post it from Czech, I don't know why these are so hard to find, I thought they'd be quite a few on eBay but I can't see any