Software

I took mine to the dealer today to report my software issues that I have experienced in my month of ownership, namely:

1.Infotainment screen on but blank and unresponsive on a few occasions.  2. Temp select number dissapeared and unable to select temp. 3 Android auto disconnecting. 4. ACC not allowing overtake of slower moving vehicle on left. 5. Intermittent keyless entry issues i.e not locking with sensor swipe on handles. 

Apart from the that the ride quality is great. It will be interesting to see what they come back with once they have reported the problems to the service dept as the dealer and not heard of any issues. I recorded a video of the screen not responding for them to look at too.

The Skoda version of the Octy manual saved in favourites needs downloading each time, so I use this version.

www.manualslib.com/manual/1917278/Skoda-Octavia-Iv-2020.html#manual

Edited by Jim2015

Mine is booked in the be looked at in a few weeks for a very long list of software issues. The dealer wasn’t surprised by most of the list, I suspect they are very used to them. I do sympathise with them though, I work in IT and nothing is more difficult than trying to diagnose and fix an intermittent software issue. I suspect whoever gets to look at my car will just shake their head, update the software and send it back out again. Not a lot else they can do. VW are responsible for not testing the software properly and then not putting enough resource into understanding and fixing the bugs and rolling the fixes out quickly. I suspect my best course of action is to see if the issues are resolved when I get the car back, and if they are still there contact VWFS and arrange a reduction on the monthly lease cost. 

Hey i got an update and it says 'A new function added. High beam adjustment function enabled. 

Anybody knows more details what and how can be adjusted? 

20210727_103136.jpg

Edited by Tomask

1 hour ago, richardsoner said:

A custom software development company will usually begin with a concept. This concept may be an idea for a marketplace, an app idea, or even a logo for a company. The idea is the first step in creating a program. From there, the custom software development company will begin the development process. The company has several different approaches to app development. They can use the backbone of an app development platform such as Xcode or Android, to begin development directly in Ruby on Rails or PHP, respectively.

I researched some information about software development and found this company  https://mlsdev.com/services/custom-software-development

It is not clear to me how that post relates to this topic - other than having the word "software" in common.

Edited by DaveFromSydney
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, DaveFromSydney said:

Still interested - if you have the time.

I've done some more investigations today. There is a tutorial for voice control, which goes into some detail. Voice control works for navigation, telephone, music track selection and temperature. When I asked for Morrisons Scarborough, it listed  points of interest (POI)  with lots of 'Morrisons', so I could pick the one I wanted. If I was more specific, eg Morrisons Seamer Road, it then selected that one. Aircon is straightforward: I said 'driver's temperature 17 degrees', I was asked to wait, then it reduced the setting to the requested temperature. I haven't tried the telephone as my wife's Android 'phone wasn't with me, but it connects by Bluetooth and all her numbers are stored, so I assume it works. The radio also accepts voice commands, so I asked for internet radio. It searched for a while, but I had to stop it, so I don't know whether it needs an Android 'phone to connect. I hope this helps and I'll let you know if I find out anything else. I haven't tried 'Hey Laura' yet, so i'll find out whether 'she' is more helpful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim2015 said:

The radio also accepts voice commands, so I asked for internet radio.

If I was going to use a radio command it would be to switch to a favourite (or even non-favourite) DAB station by name or part thereof. so "Play 2UE" or "Play 954" or play "Radio 954" or "Play ABC Classic". I wonder if those will work. I wonder if the word "Radio" is necessary so it does not think it has to pass the request to YT Music to recognize as a possible song name. Or perhaps it needs commands to switch the infotainment system between radio and Media first? Amazing that such a potentially complex sub system of the car is basically undocumented.

3 hours ago, DaveFromSydney said:

Amazing that such a potentially complex sub system of the car is basically undocumented.

This is the sort of thing I was hoping for (from the manual for a set-top box available here in Australia) 

Screenshot 2021-07-28 101805.png

My car spent 12 days after multiple software recalls, each recall was of multiple items 

No idea what went on, the Dealer & Skoda UK were excellent, but there is obviously an issue as to

A) how the updates are sent from the factory & the install protocol C) maybe software/hardware clashes

As this it should not take 12 days, or for multiple errors to be the outcome

Amazing car, well built, but I really feel they over thought the infotainment system in what it does and how you use it, the AI is rubbish

Well as i posted some time ago. I have had software issues that came and went away for a while. But now they are  back and becoming annoying. So its into my local dealer Simpson Skoda Preston this Friday and we will see what the outcome will be? This is my current software as we stand today. See pic att... Now i await the fix or not? But will report back when I know more. 

IMG_20210618_062449.jpg

2 minutes ago, DSG245 said:

Well as i posted some time ago. I have had software issues that came and went away for a while. But now they are  back and becoming annoying. So its into my local dealer Simpson Skoda Preston this Friday and we will see what the outcome will be? This is my current software as we stand today. See pic att... Now i await the fix or not? But will report back when I know more. 

IMG_20210618_062449.jpg

Mine is going there on the 16th for a load of software issues to be looked at. Will be interesting to know how you get on. They weren’t surprised by the list of issues I gave them, but I don’t hold out much hope unless VW have got more recent software updates for them to apply.

On 02/08/2021 at 11:08, DSG245 said:

IMG_20210618_062449.jpg

Interesting to see your software version is 1803.

Mine went in to the dealer yesterday for a whole day of software updates but mine only went from 1664 to 1668.

On top of that the Sat nav now won't load, it just seems stuck on the loading screen!

4 minutes ago, Fishcann said:

Interesting to see your software version is 1803.

Mine went in to the dealer yesterday for a whole day of software updates but mine only went from 1664 to 1668.

On top of that the Sat nav now won't load, it just seems stuck on the loading screen!

Currently it looks like that devices with part numbers ending with A, B or C, can only be updated to 1668 version. There was one (or maybe two) case where one such device was updated to 1806 version. But unfortunately no such cases were reported afterwards.

8 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Currently it looks like that devices with part numbers ending with A, B or C, can only be updated to 1668 version. There was one (or maybe two) case where one such device was updated to 1806 version. But unfortunately no such cases were reported afterwards.

Thanks for the swift reply. That's interesting to know, mine ends in a B so that explains it. To be honest, I'm not really bothered as it all works fine, (well it did until yesterday!). Going back in this afternoon for them to see what the issue is with the sat nav, luckily it's only 10 minutes away.

28 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Mine went in to the dealers earlier this week for software updates. I’m on headunit B and was only updated to 1668 as Ultrarunner says. 

The invoice lists the campaign’s: 

49P9

69BN

97EQ

but I can’t find anything on the web about what they relate to. 

I have a SOS control unit on order to solve the issues with the speaker popping and ‘SOS function unavailable’ errors

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, VinzClortho said:

Mine went in to the dealers earlier this week for software updates. I’m on headunit B and was only updated to 1668 as Ultrarunner says. 

The invoice lists the campaign’s: 

49P9

69BN

97EQ

but I can’t find anything on the web about what they relate to. 

I have a SOS control unit on order to solve the issues with the speaker popping and ‘SOS function unavailable’ errors

Those three updates are what I got too but again no idea what they are for. Good to know that's what others with the same headunit have got.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fishcann said:

Those three updates are what I got too but again no idea what they are for. Good to know that's what others with the same headunit have got.

I haven’t driven since picking it up so the only thing I’ve noticed so far is that the reverse camera now stays on for a few seconds after moving the gearbox back into D. It’s quite helpful when getting into a tight space and you need to go forward a bit, as you can line the car up to the space using the camera view before reversing again (hope that makes sense!).

I’ve got a 1.0 e-tech, I’m not sure if some campaigns will be specific to the engine as well as trim level..

2 hours ago, VinzClortho said:

I haven’t driven since picking it up so the only thing I’ve noticed so far is that the reverse camera now stays on for a few seconds after moving the gearbox back into D. It’s quite helpful when getting into a tight space and you need to go forward a bit, as you can line the car up to the space using the camera view before reversing again (hope that makes sense!).

I’ve got a 1.0 e-tech, I’m not sure if some campaigns will be specific to the engine as well as trim level..

I've just got back from the garage again as the sat nav wasn't working so he hooked it up for 5 minutes and it's now all working again :D.

I've got the 1.5 but don't have the camera, can't say I've noticed anything different at all to be honest.

Well i said i would report back. Don't get to excited people... Dropped off at the dealers 8 am got call 3pm to say its ready. I had given them a list of 9 issues. So when i picked it up they said skoda uk were aware of current issues and there was a software patch to fix things. See the pic of what the work sheet said attached. 

All good i said and drove home. Has it solved any of the issues I hear you ask. Well i can confirm that the work they did has done only one thing off the list and that appears to be remembering the clima control settings. So at present its a no on all fronts... But will keep you all updated over the weekend before I call them on monday. 

IMG_20210806_190956_edit_69264173959222.jpg

So the continuing sofware saga. Friday all day the car was in skoda Preston for a supposed known software fix. See pics of worksheet and sofware info. Which by the way has not changed since i received the car. So after the weekend of driving i can now report that the software is now worse than when it went in 😬😭 day two after picking it up it was stuck on sofware updating for the 20 min journey i was making. Then said complete at next start up. From this point.... I am now getting the Sos popping noise that other people have reported. So overall it was a waist of a day in the dealership. Am ringing this morning to see what they say.... Keep you posted 😤

IMG_20210806_190956_edit_69264173959222.jpg

IMG_20210807_100314.jpg

• Like 1

Well here we are now on Thursday nearly a whole week since it was in the dealers. And still worse than wen it went in. Oh and now im getting the clicking and popping issue noted in other posts on the site. So add that to the long list. 

But got an email asking how i am enjoying my new car from Skoda... It said you can direct message us on twitter....! 

So I did.. Best someone there hates me now? They got the lot. But i must say they kept up the contact back and forth for all my issues and details. So just waiting for my case manager to call. More people should do this as it may help us all with a fix. 

Screenshot_20210812_105446_com.twitter.android_edit_181746705196225.jpg

Screenshot_20210812_105501_com.twitter.android_edit_181770224267055.jpg

Screenshot_20210812_104541.jpg