Auric (Andy) Goldfinger

2SkodaFamily

• 2 weeks later...

I've not been on line a lot recently , preferring to spend time downstairs on tablet, so I missed this announcement. Sadly I returned to PC to come here to find a gent of the track ( both on it and over it) has been called to the great track in the sky. RIP Andy.

• Like 1

I hope this doesn't sound a bit crass, but does anyone think it would be fitting to give Andy the top Ranking under his username. His name will live on in the great threads he started and he undoubtedly would have eventually, earned the upgrades. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lady Elanore said:

I hope this doesn't sound a bit crass, but does anyone think it would be fitting to give Andy the top Ranking under his username. His name will live on in the great threads he started and he undoubtedly would have eventually, earned the upgrades. 

Andy had not been latterly posting due to an unrelated issue so I doubt he would have managed to achieve the top accolade.

His Briskoda ‘presence’  will always be checking on us no matter what level of ranking he attained though.

5 hours ago, john999boy said:

Andy had not been latterly posting due to an unrelated issue so I doubt he would have managed to achieve the top accolade.

His Briskoda ‘presence’  will always be checking on us no matter what level of ranking he attained though.

Perhaps pin the So, Tonights tea was....... topic. I've checked and it looks like it's the last topic he posted that can be enjoyed by anyone. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, @Lee said:

Perhaps pin the So, Tonights tea was....... topic. I've checked and it looks like it's the last topic he posted that can be enjoyed by anyone. 

+1 on that idea, Lee. That would be rather nice. :)

41 minutes ago, john999boy said:

Part 1 completed and I will update tonight with the second part. 👍

Something would be nice. I was thinking of more of an appreciation of his contribution to Brisky rather than the literal number of posts he made. Maybe a 'Legend' badge or similar? Or better still, 'The Lurpack' badge :)

Completely agree some sort of recognition is appropriate.  Lurpak or nothing, butter-wise.  Also, he was an advocate for Marmite too.

BTW Isn't there a category called "honorary member" or similar?

The 'Distinguished Lurpack Award' for valour in dodgy one-liners and surreal thoughts.

Looking forward to see what john999boy has come up with :)

Edited by Lady Elanore
  • Like 1
  • Love it! 1

I have a continued fight with an autocorrect which seems to be 'Murican and changes Lurpak to Lurpack. It took me months to retrain it to let me type Whisky instead of Whiskey. Trouble is, it's now used its own spelling so often I don't know if it's re-trainable within the next 20 years. I also mistyped the word 'from' as 'form' a couple of times, it then took the lead and if I don't inspect a text, it's littered with things like "form me, to you"

Anyhoo, Lurpak award or not, it's decent thing to do :) 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

So turn the "Auto second guess you and get it wrong" thing off!

It's easier said than done as I use several devices and sometimes I knead spull chick 4 the byg wurds.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

It's easier said than done as I use several devices and sometimes I knead spull chick 4 the byg wurds.

:) - I do use speel chuck on the fly, but not combined with auto second guess, so in this sentence "speel" is red underlined to tell me it's wrong.