Auric (Andy) Goldfinger

2SkodaFamily

Hello all,

I'm sorry to tell you that Andy has passed away. I spoke to his wife earlier this afternoon and she’s asked me to post a brief message here. 

He had been suffering with prostate cancer. His final days were in St Catherine’s Hospice in Scarborough, and he passed quietly with his wife and sons beside him. 

The family will be raising funds for the hospice so when I get details of that I’ll post them here. I’m sure there will be a few who’d like to donate. 

Edit: It is possible to donate directly to the hospice here: https://my.saintcatherines.org.uk/donate.aspx

Edit again: if anyone would like to send a card to his family, please pm me. I live in the same village so can pass them on to Andy’s wife.

Martin

Edited by 2SkodaFamily
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 18
  • Crying 3

His presence will be greatly missed, even though he withdrew from here a little while back.

I shall enjoy some Marmite on Lurpak-buttered toast[1] in his memory.

[Other yeast extract spreads and butters are available]

Edited by MikeTheThinker

i had been emailing since he left, on occassion. hadnt been in touch for about 6months, and he hadnt replied. never mentioned anything in prior emails 😞

i am really shocked. and saddened by this.

@2SkodaFamily ill pm you, a message to pass on to the long suffering missus Goldfinger 

• Like 1

Never met him, but having been on here since ages ago...I did know of him & have been in the "conversations"!!.....Life is always far too short.....

Condolences to his wife & kids.

• Like 1

I've been trying to think of appropriate words to say about the man and what's happened.  It's easy to be trite but I felt his memory is worth more than that, so very much in the spirit of the man with whom I conversed on many occasions (but sadly never met in person) and in respect of his engagement with Briskoda for so many years:

Alas poor Auric.jpg

• Like 3

I never had the pleasure of meeting or speaking to Andy unfortunately, but he seemed like such a great guy.

Very sorry to hear about his loss and my thoughts are with his wife and family. 

RIP.

Edited by AnnoyingPentium

2 hours ago, mac11irl said:

i had been emailing since he left, on occassion. hadnt been in touch for about 6months, and he hadnt replied. never mentioned anything in prior emails 😞

i am really shocked. and saddened by this.

@2SkodaFamily ill pm you, a message to pass on to the long suffering missus Goldfinger 

No problem, I’ll pass them on. In fact, if anyone wishes to send a card, pm me for my address and I’ll pass them on to Elaine.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 2SkodaFamily said:

pm me for my address and I’ll pass them on to Elaine.

Will do, if you feel it would be appropriate?  Auric & I never met in person - the planned Scarborough get-together was abandoned due to lack of other interest - so I wouldn't wish to add to Elaine's load by trying to work out who I was and why I was sending a card.

Just now, MikeTheThinker said:

Will do, if you feel it would be appropriate?  Auric & I never met in person - the planned Scarborough get-together was abandoned due to lack of other interest - so I wouldn't wish to add to Elaine's load by trying to work out who I was and why I was sending a card.

I’m sure Elaine and the boys will be comforted to know how much Andy was liked and how many friends he had.

Andy was a truly class act and an awesomely bombastic character, the father of some of the largest best humoured threads and posts for many years. Will miss the big choo choo man, my deepest condolences to Elaine, the boys and wider network. 

• Like 1

I've just come across this thread. Such Tragic news. I've met him many times at Yorkshire meets, he was a wonderful and caring chap. He was also a great character on here too.

My thoughts and condolences to wife and family. 

Edited by Jim H