Weather

skomaz

7 degrees and chucked it down all day long today.

it never stopped.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mac11irl said:

7 degrees and chucked it down all day long today.

it never stopped.

Cloudy, breezy and 11 degrees over here.  It's May for crying out loud - who do we complain to?  (I'm think maybe Holly, Pip, Becky or Lucy in the weather studios).  Lee basking in 29 degrees only the other day and I've just noticed how far north Northern Germany is to me, so it's doubly unfair!  :thinking:

I reckon it's Brexit - bloody continental EU's hogging all the good weather.  I want my fair share of global warming, right here, right now, or I'ma gonna have a tantrum.

G

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Hottest day of the year for Scotland recorded 22.1 *oC . Kinlochewe and Achnagart.

There will have been hotter, just not at weather stations. 

Screenshot 2024-05-03 9.59.07 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-03 10.39.54 AM.png

Edited by Ootohere

Posted (edited)

As the watching the sun setting and listening to music coming across  from outside the hotel the rain came from the hills behind and they had to go inside.   There was a rainbow 🌈 there.

20240503_190448_3dfa4a98.jpg

20240503_190349_51848c84.jpg

20240503_190440_b9807a68.jpg

Edited by Ootohere
  • Like 1

Was nice and sunny in Sheffield this morning but cold and drizzly in Morecambe tonight... 

12 hours ago, Breezy_Pete said:

Still cool and miserable here today.

Better tomorrow morning onwards though, allegedly. 

17147706380622552876484932409881.jpg

i lit our stove on Thursday night..

felt emotionally unwell doing it in the month of May!

• Sad 2

Proper rainy down here  and looks set it.  I know it's proper rain and the ground can't cope when this gap in my gently sloping path puddles:

IMG_9387.thumb.jpeg.b26c17b2a19ac616f1cc298c4928a514.jpeg

Random photo, but I'm now running out of ideas to not get on with some glosswork I've been lazily avoiding :thinking:

Gaz

• Haha 1

Dry with gentle breeze here.  What photographers call 'cloudy bright'.  Good day to continue the restoration work on the megaladder, upon which more anon.

Lovely and warm here sunnyish ,but the pussy willow trees are seeding so it looks like its snowing fluff 😁

21 here today aswell, and tomorrow predicted to be the hottest day of the year so far!

meanwhile middle of last week i could see my breathe at 830pm! and frost warning came on in the van driving to work!!

weather is all over the shop, globally...

• Like 1

today started glorious, out walking track inspections in the sunshine, hiviz polo shirt, sunglasses, even put on my company issued hisviz sun hat (which i modified the brim of to allow me make it look less awful).

then, while out in a strip with no shelter, along a coastal causeway, still enjoying the sun despite the light sweat on my back under the gear bag i had with me and sounds of chimps and exotic birds drifting across the bay from the nearby wildlife park... the sky turned black and it down poured. it suddenly became a much longer 1/2 mile trudge back to the van...

• Sad 1