Weather

skomaz

22 minutes ago, Rooted said:

DSC_0995.JPG

Is that the island where curling stones come from?

• Like 1

On 02/04/2024 at 14:06, Gerrycan said:

Mid-teens is T shirt weather

in scotland anything in double digits is tshirt weather 🤣

same in Ireland... 

i was in Edmonton Canada yrs ago in March, it was -4 and i was out in a polo shirt. locals were in shorts tees and flipflops...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Very blowy.  Last day of Winter Golf Tournament canceled.  Extreme kite surfing weather.   Half wind turbines behind Girvan were locked last night but all spinning this morning.   Marshals are setting up for Saturday park run.  But carrying the signs to post up is quite a task. 

DSC_1033.JPG

DSC_1034.JPG

DSC_1035.JPG

Edited by Rooted
  • Like 2

quite windy here overnight and still. 2 of my patio chairs were blown over,

and the boys' plastic wendy house is on its roof..

and sideways rain...

Overcast and windy, but really surprised at how mild it is - 17°C so I'm toddling out on my bike shortly 👍

Gaz

Winds increased yesterday evening.  Still mild though.  Evening sky and light was quite unusual:

24676493-998c-4449-a443-be4f557b1f7a.thumb.jpeg.9026d881aab1770abf218a8418a60de8.jpeg

a86b22ab-1c27-4948-bd4c-f0d4d013fdd9.thumb.jpeg.730618f347f9c03ce431327f6066b555.jpeg

And the colouration became self explanatory this morning when I went out to find my car covered with a light sandy dust.  And a seagull poo just for good measure :swear:

Gaz

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Well, today's been the first truly pleasant day of the year.  The threatened rain didn't turn up, it wasn't windy, sunny with a light haze and warmer outside than indoors a short while ago:

IMG_9355.thumb.jpeg.8113cfb7ead1928329519e1c7b58fbf9.jpeg

The only downside is it looks like it's time to crack out the Beconase.  Blooming (pun intended) pollen 🤧

Gaz

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SteveTheElder said:

A cracking thunderstorm raging at the mo. By the time one rumble of thunder fades the next flash of lightning has already happened.
Another hour or so to come according to the Met Office app

Got woken up at 4am by a thunderstorm, some spectacular lightning less than a mile away (2 seconds delay between lightning and thunder), one violent enough to make the whole house shake - scary!!!

• Like 1