Weather

skomaz

On 06/03/2024 at 16:21, Gammyleg said:

Looks like the back end of Langney to me.

And you'd be right 

It's the grasslands East of Lottbridge Drove, South of Willingdon Drove, West of Sevenoaks Roads and North of St Anthony's Avenue.

It started off hazy, but cleared to a bright, sunny day.  Nice enough for a pub lunch in the beer garden of The Cricketers at Berwick 👍

G

Edited by Gaz
Getting me East and West's ship shape

33 minutes ago, Rooted said:

Wunderba

So much for first glances; I read that as 'WonderBra' ...

image.png.551b116b941e95b3516f35b437bf172a.png

• Love it! 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rooted said:

'Warning Anti Vandal Paint'

Just test a small area - to see if it really is; g'wan, dare ya :nod:😁

Gaz

• Haha 1

we have weather warnings for wind and rain coming in now from the west.

crap weather protocols are in action in work due to flood risks..

• Sad 1

On 11/03/2024 at 10:16, MikeTheThinker said:

So much for first glances; I read that as 'WonderBra' ...

image.png.551b116b941e95b3516f35b437bf172a.png

Me too.  Went on to re recall about Bra wars when licences were needed to import bras. Peter Mandelson was EU Commissioner then.

Strange how the mind works.

Eventually the Daily Express and others that have been forecasting unusual snow events right through this month were going to get it right.

In the North East of Scotland Snow on high ground and very wet lower down later today and tomorrow. 

So just a little late taste of Winter early into Spring after what has been a pretty uneventful Winter.  So just the same old same old.

No doubt someone will get caught out someplace because after all there is just 'Weather Warnings' coming through on phones and on the weather on the radio and TV. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rooted said:

Eventually the Daily Express and others that have been forecasting unusual snow events right through this month were going to get it right.

Like you say they're bound to get it right at some point :D 

tumblr_inline_pjzz52PlNW1qjw2is_640.jpg.4e59f96e0dd7d9ec84474e3ce4d762de.jpg

unnamed.png.d0745f322a4dec6c2772da68592627a1.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The snow has started on the high roads, but i have only the A90 to drive later to Dyce Heliport and back by Midnight maybe.

That will just be flooding roads and temp near freezing by the time i get home. 

Screenshot 2024-03-25 16.30.08.png

Screenshot 2024-03-25 16.30.27.png

• Like 1

its just raining constantly over here. 

so bad yesterday my neighbour told me its the first day since he installed his 1st solar panels that they generated exactly 0 power. even on bad days hed get a little trickle, but yesterday was a complete nil...

• Crying 1

Yeah, beautiful day down here too.  Sunny mid-teens T shirt weather 🌞  Tortoise outside for most of the afternoon 🐢  Got a bit of gardening done too, replacing a bottle brush shrub that couldn't cope with our windy weather.

Gaz

• Like 4

On 01/04/2024 at 05:51, Gaz said:

Yeah, beautiful day down here too.  Sunny mid-teens T shirt weather 🌞  Tortoise outside for most of the afternoon 🐢  Got a bit of gardening done too, replacing a bottle brush shrub that couldn't cope with our windy weather.

Mid-teens is T shirt weather???

Adelaide, South Australia had an unusually warm Easter with temperatures into the mid 30's and little wind for nearly all the holiday.

Since we have not had any measurable rain locally for over 60 days and no suburban runoff into the ocean the sea is really clear and like a millpond, so we indulged in a lot of swimming and kayaking from our local beach :) 

A cold front went through, late Easter Monday, dropping temps to more seasonal high-teens meaning long sleeves for me at work today.

Over the weekend we also pruned our bottle brush which is doing its best to become a full fledged tree.

Edited by Gerrycan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerrycan said:

Mid-teens is T shirt weather?

No.

Spoiler

Low teens is tee-shirt weather, at least when it's calm.

• Like 1