Pets of Brisky - Let's See 'Em...

AnnoyingPentium

3 hours ago, Graham Butcher said:

Its looking quite bad up there on the TV news, personally I'd be keeping well clear of the trees if the falling down and branches coming off. How is the power situation, is the grid holding up. Were you subject to the evacuation advice, or was another part of the East Coast?

Brechin, at 56.735409, -2.658670 was told to evacuate about 300 people (not even the full population).

• Like 2

No need to evacuate people that lives up the town where there is no flooding like down at the river. 

Screenshot 2023-10-20 16.56.49.jpg

The Davidsons of Harley-Davidson moved to the USA from Netherton Cottage @ Aberlermno between Brechin & Forfar.

An event held @ Harley Davidson in the city is the soapy slide built from the High Street down hill.

Edited by Rooted
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have my pal back for a few weeks.

She has lost weight in the past 3 weeks and i put it all back on.    So we will resume the 4 or 5 times a day out to the parks.

The area round the loch is back to pathways that i had not seen before the flooding or during it had any idea it was there. 

DSC_0183 (1).JPG

DSC_0186.JPG

DSC_0190.JPG

DSC_0195.JPG

• Like 3

On 28/10/2023 at 15:41, Rooted said:

Shes doing OK flushing out birds now but still thinks she an catch them.

I can at least see where she does now that the leaves are off the trees.

DSCN4291.JPG

DSCN4295.JPG

DSCN4296.JPG

DSCN4297.JPG

Ive got  cross JRT/Cairn that hates rats/cats and any furry. Her favourite game is hunting rats in monkey puzzle trees /tree stumps or drains. To date her biggest prize was a 12 inch rat ,which she took into the back garden  to bury. Ever seen a Cairn with a mouse/rat/squirely ? One minute you've got a live furry, next it's flying through the air. Add JRT to mixture and its by by anything to do not like.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Warrior193 said:

She's a four year old Maine C**n ....

Teacher... :whew: .... Teacher ... :wait: ..... Warrior said a baaaad word! :rofl:

Cats being de-felinised evrywherez 🐱

Edited by Gaz
bloomin' autocorrect
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Teacher... :whew: .... Teacher ... :wait: ..... Warrior said a baaaad word! :rofl:

Cats being de-filinised evrywherez 🐱

The name 'Maine ****' was adopted after the state of the breed's origin, Maine, and after the early belief that the cat was in fact the result of crossing between domestic breeds and raccoons.  

https://www.viovet.co.uk/breed_information/1-47/Maine-****#:~:text=The name 'Maine ****' was,between domestic breeds and raccoons.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, lancpudn said:

Two of ours are fast asleep together on the bed.

gB1U6W7l.jpg

Are these boys? I used to have 2 brothers, and they would cuddle up to sleep together. I had them for 18 years before they passed away, now I have 2 sisters, 12 years old and once they became adults they wanted their own space, and normally they will only be in the same as each other for eating (separate bowls of course) and at night they get their own beds in the kitchen.  I've heard similar stories from other cat owners.

• Like 3

Just now, Graham Butcher said:

Are these boys? I used to have 2 brothers, and they would cuddle up to sleep together. I had them for 18 years before they passed away, now I have 2 sisters, 12 years old and once they became adults they wanted their own space, and normally they will only be in the same as each other for eating (separate bowls of course) and at night they get their own beds in the kitchen.  I've heard similar stories from other cat owners.

Yes they're brothers we got from a rescue centre around 4 years ago, They seem to get that place on the bed every afternoon/evening as there's a radiator behind the curtains. They do find their own sleeping places through the night but through the day they catnap like this.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Graham Butcher said:

Ditto. We acquired our two half ragdoll sisters from the same litter when they were 5 years old.  They were never good friends.  They'd very occasionally touch noses and sniff bums but there were more occasions of hissing, spitting and swiping at each other. 

We had to put Saskia, the larger and 'more butch' of the two according to our vet, to sleep, at age 16, this summer.  

Macy, the remaining sister, has had something of a personality change since her sister left the planet.  She's much more vocal than she was previously, eats more and demands even more affection than she did previously, if that's possible.  She also seems to have. perked up a bit and the arthritis in her hips doesn't seem to bother her so much.   

In their later years they would sometimes tolerate each other enough. to get this close.  Saskia in the foreground.  Macy, the world's most affectionate pussycat behind.

IMG_4011.JPG

Edited by Schtum
  • Like 2
  • Love it! 1

2 minutes ago, Schtum said:

Ditto. We acquired our two half ragdoll sisters from the same litter when they were 5 years old.  They were never good friends.  They'd very occasionally touch noses and sniff bums but there were more occasions of hissing, spitting and swiping at each other. 

We had to put Saskia, the larger and 'more butch' of the two according to our vet, to sleep, at age 16, this summer.  

Macy, the remaining sister, has had something of a personality change since he sister left the planet.  She's. much more vocal than she was previously, eats more and demands even more affection than she did previously, if that's possible.  She also seems to have. perked up a bit and the arthritis in her hips doesn't seem to bother her so much.   

In their later years they would sometimes tolerate each other enough. to get this close. 

Yep, thats the same thing that happens with my 2 sometimes, they will sleep on my son's bed, but they will pull the quilt about to form a sort of mound and then lay each side of it. Seems as they mellow a bit with age, previously it would Megan, the large of them on my son's bed and Willow would be downstairs in a bed next to the radiator. Megan is bit of a talker and is vocal if she hasn't seen you for a while, will often come to the front door if I've been out in the car to greet me, she knows the sound of the car and gets excited.

• Like 1