Display speed limit

Hi folks, picked up my new to me 21 plate Superb Sportline plus last week...Great car :inlove:

Anyway, I've had a good search, but to no avail. Can anyone tell me how to display the current speed limit on my centre dash, as per attached pic?

Thanks

Mal

imageproxy.jpg.05d1fb0669bf96d540804850a68df1fe.jpg

You need to have had the Traffic Sign Recognition option fitted at the factory. Its not standard on any trim (royalty reasons iirc). Cannot be coded on MY20 onwards either. Not sure if your dealer can upgrade (as they can Bolero to Amundsen on the latest models)

Edited by xman

4 hours ago, auditek said:

Hi folks, picked up my new to me 21 plate Superb Sportline plus last week...Great car :inlove:

Anyway, I've had a good search, but to no avail. Can anyone tell me how to display the current speed limit on my centre dash, as per attached pic?

Thanks

Mal

imageproxy.jpg.05d1fb0669bf96d540804850a68df1fe.jpg

That is Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR).

If u didn't specifically order it from factory, u won't have it.

If u have the right A5 camera (windscreen) then u can enable TSR, like many of us have, using either VCDS or OBDEleven.

.... assuming u don't have an MY20 or later.  They seem to have issues due to SFD protection.

PXL_20211127_000953228.thumb.jpg.2e03cf4e4453313a11bd9736bb84322a.jpg

Edited by JR RS

1 hour ago, Legion said:

Is this the item in the build sheet?

174 QK1 VWGROUP KAS With multifunction camera

Affirmative.

U can also tell by looking at the camera type at the top of the windscreen.

Should look like this....

981053101_Screenshot_20220207-2116042.thumb.png.c29e597dba42944644b0464bd7f55c5a.png

So apparently OBDeleven can now unlock SFD for MY20+ vehicles (since November 21). Has anyone had any experience with that and I wonder if it can access TSR on the latest vehicles? I would be keen.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty sure OBDeleven can't activate TSR on a 2021 car...

TSR used to be just coding/adaptions so OBDeleven or VCDS could add it - I've done this on a few cars including my own using VCDS.

When VAG/Skoda changed to a newer style of camera, TSR became a some kind of dataset/SWaP/FeC issue. TSR won't work even if the car is 'correctly' coded unless you can also resolve the dataset/SWaP/FeC issues.

Where are you based? It might be worth getting a local member to do an autoscan to at least find out what camera you currently have...

8 hours ago, auditek said:

Hey again folks. It would appear the only way is using OBD11. Any suggestions which one, and which app using an android phone. Ta 🙂

No chance of doing a 2Q0 camera with OBD11, needs to be hacked with a special swap codes to enable tsr