The Fabled March 31st fix all

Well the day came and passed , no contact from the dealer. So as i said to VWFS i would stay with the car till the fix and if that didn't happen then i would reject.

Car is now officially rejected , i can keep hold of it till my new car comes ( Jan 2026 lol) 

So off to see what is out there 

• Like 1

Yes rejected but not picked a car yet , VWFS said tell us 2 to 3 weeks prior to new car delivery , they will then refund deposit and pick up the car. I will keep paying for the Octy till the new one arrives. I have had her for 15 months on a 4 year Personal lease. VWFS gave me £1k goodwill in December to stay and wait for the fix , that they said was 31at March. I waited till 1st April , contacted the dealer ,, who said no fix available. So then wrote to VWFS , said i have had enough ( current tech guy at dealer says i have 85 current faults ). VWFS agreed to rejection and apologised.

The car is a D unit head with 1803 software and i believe due to the Ukraine war , that fix is now kicked into the long grass. Don't be a BETA tester paying full price for their poorly coded software. 

I always think , if i picked up a TV from Curry's and it had one fault even minor , it would be back in the shop same day. Why put up with a £35k disaster of a product at your own expense. 

I loved my VRS , it was the 2nd one i have had and im so annoyed it came to this and to the fact i wont be back in Skodas showrooms.

Time for ELECTRIC!! 

• Like 1

Mine is the same hardware and software version as yours, although I don't have that many issues, just the sat nav not saving any settings/destinations.

I have a complaint open with Skoda UK and Bry have promised me some compensation when the issues are resolved, but they did tell me to complain to VWFS also which I haven't got round to yet. Good luck with your new one whenever it arrives 👍🏼

3 hours ago, Shelvock said:

Mine is the same hardware and software version as yours, although I don't have that many issues, just the sat nav not saving any settings/destinations.

I have a complaint open with Skoda UK and Bry have promised me some compensation when the issues are resolved, but they did tell me to complain to VWFS also which I haven't got round to yet. Good luck with your new one whenever it arrives 👍🏼

…. compensation when issues resolved ….

that is bit of a bum deal, if they don’t resolve them all, then the criteria for compensation never triggers

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Greezy56 said:

Yes rejected but not picked a car yet , VWFS said tell us 2 to 3 weeks prior to new car delivery , they will then refund deposit and pick up the car. I will keep paying for the Octy till the new one arrives. I have had her for 15 months on a 4 year Personal lease. VWFS gave me £1k goodwill in December to stay and wait for the fix , that they said was 31at March. I waited till 1st April , contacted the dealer ,, who said no fix available. So then wrote to VWFS , said i have had enough ( current tech guy at dealer says i have 85 current faults ). VWFS agreed to rejection and apologised.

The car is a D unit head with 1803 software and i believe due to the Ukraine war , that fix is now kicked into the long grass. Don't be a BETA tester paying full price for their poorly coded software. 

I always think , if i picked up a TV from Curry's and it had one fault even minor , it would be back in the shop same day. Why put up with a £35k disaster of a product at your own expense. 

I loved my VRS , it was the 2nd one i have had and im so annoyed it came to this and to the fact i wont be back in Skodas showrooms.

Time for ELECTRIC!! 

I had a complaint in with VWFS over a clutch issue as well as the software issues. I got told about the fix which was supposed to be out 31st March too as I was set to reject the car but said I'd wait. I'll go back to them and see if I can keep this car while I source a new one too. I've since had another clutch replaced so I've had mechanical and software issues that are not acceptable. 

• Like 1

I was wondering if they'd finally got round to fixing things, I guess not. It's coming up to a year since I rejected my car and it has been a lot less stressful since. I trust that whatever car you get to replace it will be a bit less challenging.

16 hours ago, fox2319 said:

I was wondering if they'd finally got round to fixing things, I guess not. It's coming up to a year since I rejected my car and it has been a lot less stressful since. I trust that whatever car you get to replace it will be a bit less challenging.

Is there a thread about good replacements for the Octavia?

It would love it if it were not all the defects.

Something similar, without the problems...

I was really tempted by an Superb / Arteon but it was just too long for where I usually park. Went for a Tiguan in the end as it's a bit shorter and still has a lot of room. 

I really like the way that VW group is put together but am not a fan of they way they are heading. 

VW aint an option for me due to really excessive lead times. I believe a few major parts are made in Ukraine. So i was looking at the new Sportage as a PHEV. The new DS4. All really depends on price.

On 10/04/2022 at 18:53, Greezy56 said:

VW aint an option for me due to really excessive lead times. I believe a few major parts are made in Ukraine. So i was looking at the new Sportage as a PHEV. The new DS4. All really depends on price.

Just got a new Sportage for the wife. Very very impressed. Top spec gt-line S and it's got the lot. 7 Year warranty too, what's not to like? 

If I thought I could get one i'd swap my vRS for an EV6 in an instant.

8 hours ago, GreenlineIIEstate said:

what's not to like? 

Test-drove a new Tucson when it was launched and the most annoying thing about that car was the amount of piano-black all around the interior (black-glossy plastic, whatever it is called from one brand to another). Sometimes I think some of the automotive engineers never drove a car in their entire life. The last thing you need as a driver are random reflections shining into your eyes in various situations, out of your control; not to mention the fingerprint and dust magnet...
It's possible that in the "sunny" UK you might have a different perspective on that type of material, but AFAIK the new Sportage is also packed with shiny surfaces.

Got two OTA updates last week. Didn't noticed anything changed, but mine worked perfectly from the beginning. Software version hasn't changed after the updates. The first one was larger, second one took just few minutes. Attaching photos with my Software version. 

20220409_173258.jpg

20220409_173044.jpg

• Like 3

On 14/04/2022 at 13:15, xerces8 said:

Yesterday I got a notification on the head unit that an update is available for installation.

Anyone else? The description shown was pretty vague.

Yes I had that end of last week. Not sure yet if it has helped anything, but for the first time my Monday commute (11 miles of motorway) my ACC worked properly, didn't brake for inside traffic once.... Might be luck who knows I will see if it goes wrong again. 

Skoda UK said my car (which was booked in on 22 Apr for an Oil Sensor fault) is getting an update that should fix the ACC and Travel Assist.... I wont be holding my breath on it.... something else will probably go wrong!!  

well it could be the beginning of the end for all the problems have that people have had.hope all goes well just wish i had my car to find out any problems and with a little bit of ;luck all the problems have been soerted.

Well, sadly I can confirm the OTA update does not fix the ACC issues, in fact it doesnt seem to have fixed anything in my car. ACC still thinks its in Europe and undertaking for at least 50 % of my journeys. My car is in for another issue today (Oil Sensor fault) and Skoda Uk have said that they are updating the software which they hope will fix all of the issues..... I have no doubt it won't, but..... you never know...

• Groan 1

I got an OTA update as well yesterday. I'm on Hardware H56, Software 1668 and it hasn't fixed any of my issues either. My car goes into dealer next week for the issues to be looked at, and they've said there aren't any outstanding software updates. So I'm not expecting much to happen at this point.

Are cars with H56 hardware limited to software 1668?

38 minutes ago, JamesK said:

I got an OTA update as well yesterday. I'm on Hardware H56, Software 1668 and it hasn't fixed any of my issues either. My car goes into dealer next week for the issues to be looked at, and they've said there aren't any outstanding software updates. So I'm not expecting much to happen at this point.

Are cars with H56 hardware limited to software 1668?

Nope, im on H56 and software 1806. 

• 2 weeks later...

My software updated (at gargae last week) from 1806 to 1896, Nav from 22.1 to 22.3. Since then i have had 2 OTA updates as well, no number changes though. I will know more tomorrow if it has fixed anything!!

Software.jpg

Edited by matrix2020

On 11/04/2022 at 22:29, GreenlineIIEstate said:

Just got a new Sportage for the wife. Very very impressed. Top spec gt-line S and it's got the lot. 7 Year warranty too, what's not to like? 

If I thought I could get one i'd swap my vRS for an EV6 in an instant.

The fuel consumption for a start, poor handling, rubbish infotainment system. Et al.