Wiring loom -driver's side door

Hi,

I have recently swapped Drivers Side Door Wiring Loom on my SKODA Fabia Estate 2007-2014. I did this because I my window controller on the door was not working and could not lower driver side window at all. After heaving a glance underneath the plastic protector that covers the wiring between the door and the car (when the door is open) I have observed that there were many wires taped/mended by the previous owner.

The new loom was from Skoda parts direct so a genuine part, however after installation the car was doing all sorts of funny stuff. The passenger side window was going down every time I took the key out of ignition/contact. My key desynchronises after every use, in order for central locking to work properly I have to lock/unlock the car manually and pop it in ignition to synchronise and only afterwards my central locking works properly for one use. Other than thinking that the wiring loop is defective what else is there to consider? Has anyone had any similar issues before?

I tried disconnecting the care battery and reconnecting but it didn't change anything. 

Any opinions / suggestions on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

(the photo attached was downloaded off the internet)

skoda drivers door.jpg

whos to say the old loom was correct......... ?? I cannot see any reason this behaviour should occur with a new loom, unless there is another repair incorrect eleswhere OR the loom / something else is wrong.

Was the loom ordered via the vehicle chassis OR part number ?

The drivers door control unit is the MASTER for windows and locks, that itself could be faulty casuing these faults.

It would indeed be helpful to know what part number - exactly, including the crucial letter suffixes - was and is now fitted.   Whether the car is pre- or post-facelift would also be useful info, as well as how many electric windows it has (2 or 4).

Edited by Pete_Ex-Wino

• 1 month later...