So, I have KESSY but I have a question about the physical key that is 'hidden' in the remote

1 minute ago, bubib5 said:

There are locks hidden in the door handles from the outside, also used for pass airbag off, and child lock if its not electric!

I swear to you that I can see no locks, hidden or otherwise on the outside.

And I didn't even think about the passenger airbag & child locks.

You need to pry the plastic ends of the door latches to expose the locks, other then those i dont think there are any other applications to the key, so door lock, airbag, and child lock..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nige8021 said:

The end cap on the drivers door will pop off to reveal a normal key slot 

4 minutes ago, bubib5 said:

You need to pry the plastic ends of the door latches to expose the locks, other then those i dont think there are any other applications to the key, so door lock, airbag, and child lock..

Ah, thank you

32 minutes ago, bubib5 said:

There are locks hidden in the door handles from the outside

Only the drivers door has a hidden lock under the removable cover.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kenny R said:

Only the drivers door has a hidden lock under the removable cover.

I would have sworn that mine has them on both sides (EU mainland)!

Ill need to have a look tomorrow!

19 hours ago, bubib5 said:

Thats a new one, how would one do the headrest with a key? 

Here you go, it says to use a screwdriver but the key is perfect for the job too.

image.png.b6af64ef16663d4bec818faf4c4dda1a.png

P.S, all I did to insert this image was copy and paste it then it uploaded automatically, so easy :thumbup:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, D402 said:

Here you go, it says to use a screwdriver but the key is perfect for the job too.

image.png.b6af64ef16663d4bec818faf4c4dda1a.png

P.S, all I did to insert this image was copy and paste it then it uploaded automatically, so easy :thumbup:

Ahh, never thought of using the key for this, thank you for showing me!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question on this. I use the key a lot as I surf so I put the remote inside the car close the door and then manually lock the car with the key. After my surf I come back with the key and unlock the doors. All is fine until I open the door at which point the car alarm goes off until I use the remote unlock button. Quite embarrassing each time I come back from a surf. Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong?

Edited by Donweather

3 hours ago, Donweather said:

I have a question on this. I use the key a lot as I surf so I put the remote inside the car close the door and then manually lock the car with the key. After my surf I come back with the key and unlock the doors. All is fine until I open the door at which point the car alarm goes off until I use the remote unlock button. Quite embarrassing each time I come back from a surf. Any ideas on what I’m doing wrong?

That’s normal. The door lock is just physically unlocking the door, it’s not disabling the alarm. The alarm will go off until you press the unlock button on the key

Does the alarm actually activate when you use the physical lock to lock it?

I ask this just because every car I have had where you can pop off the door handle to lock it, I do that whenever I go on a ferry...precisely so the alarm is not activated. (Listen when the ferry pulls out and hear the hundreds of alarms from all the people who didn't do this, with their batteries depleting all the way to France).

I haven't been on a ferry in my Superb yet, so never locked it this way, and thus no idea if the alarm activates.

8 hours ago, Gax said:

I ask this just because every car I have had where you can pop off the door handle to lock it, I do that whenever I go on a ferry...precisely so the alarm is not activated. (Listen when the ferry pulls out and hear the hundreds of alarms from all the people who didn't do this, with their batteries depleting all the way to France).

I haven't been on a ferry in my Superb yet, so never locked it this way, and thus no idea if the alarm activates.

No need to do this.

There is a rocker switch on the B pillar down by the driver's seat (RH drive) which switches off the motion censor, whilst leaving the rest of the alarm system working.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gax said:

Well I use the physical key to lock the car and then use the same key to unlock it, at which point when I open the door the alarm goes off. 

12 hours ago, Donweather said:

Well I use the physical key to lock the car and then use the same key to unlock it, at which point when I open the door the alarm goes off. 

Yeah bit bizarre that one.

The button on the pillar disappeared some time ago, this one doesn't have it and I don't recall the last one having it.

Don't recall the alarm going off on a ferry either.  Two presses on the key normally locks the car and unsets the deadlocks, it may also unset the alarm.

If you have KESSY I am surprised that it will lock with a key in the car, maybe you are only locking the door you are physically locking with the key!

One of the books that comes with the car is very useful in occasions like this, it is called the owners manual.  Sadly it isn't quite heavy enough to have much effect when you beat those who haven't looked at it over the head with it. 😉

• Haha 1