Skoda Fabia MK2 5J 2011 Facelift 1.2 60HP Day time running lights

1 minute ago, nige8021 said:

Looking at the various versions of the headlights on the MK2 (2011) the dipped beam supply does not go via the BCM only the side light output from the light switch goes to the BCM 

Ahh this is what i mean the side lights the upper single light bulb by its self above the main bulb im assuming this is side light. :)

The Grey/Blue & Grey/Red are the L/R sidelight supply and the Yellow/Green on pin 4 of the main switch goes to fuse #57 and on to the headlight bulbs, the White wire going into the BCM looking at earlier models was the wire for the headlight washers if fitted 

337803412_furby2headlightswitch.thumb.jpg.988d356275c49232e9a107d8d0d3ce17.jpg

14 minutes ago, mk2rs2008 said:

there is a short to ground on the white wire on the front head light connector 

With it disconnected from the bulb? Resistance of a cold headlight bulb is remarkably low...

55 minutes ago, mk2rs2008 said:

do you have any ideas of where I’m able to find this sort of information as I don’t wanna bug Pete to much as he is a very busy guy :) 

The sources I meant are here.  If you're bugging Pete too much I'm sure he'll let you know.  You can get all sorts of info from various sources for free or at a cost, some with and others without helpful guidance and experience.  The chaps here will know the reliable other sources, luckily I've not had the need yet, I'd have to search for myself or hope my neighbour is up to date with fees for a pro-system that may have its own errors and omissions -not that I'd want to or know how to chase down wiring/programing issues.

8 minutes ago, Pete_Ex-Wino said:

With it disconnected from the bulb? Resistance of a cold headlight bulb is remarkably low...

I’m not 100% sure anymore as I’m not able to get the shot to show it’s self again I’m being stupid and I can’t get the connector of the light lol

I may have made a false assumption that that white wire was going to a headlight bulb, haven't looked.

Erwin Skoda is the official info source that anyone and everyone can access at very reasonable cost. Plenty of threads describing how on briskoda.

10 minutes ago, Pete_Ex-Wino said:

I may have made a false assumption that that white wire was going to a headlight bulb, haven't looked.

Erwin Skoda is the official info source that anyone and everyone can access at very reasonable cost. Plenty of threads describing how on briskoda.

thanks for the info :) 

with that white wire does it go into the switch in the car is so i did test a white looking wire but it was shorting to ground as well I did find another wire that look a little bit more white and that was not going to ground 

The white wire on the headlight is the main beam supply so as @Pete_Ex-Wino it will read as good as short to ground through the filament and even if you disconnect the filaments there will still be the high beam warning LED in the speedo and that will also show as an effective short to ground

Edited by nige8021

39 minutes ago, mk2rs2008 said:

This connector I’m pointing at ignore the light connectors atm 

image.jpg

With ANY connector on a modern car, because the plug has a rubber moisture seal, there is always a little "pressure" when connected as its compressing the seal, so whenever your trying to remove the plug,

"push the plug ON first, then push the tab (which you have arrowed), then it will come off"

Edited by UrbanPanzer

UPDATE: windows are working passengers side as well a driver's side. Spoke to local Skoda Dealer today and they have provided me will a full spec list for my car and they have stated that the side lights should not be on unless the switch is on so my car has no option for DRL unless I retrofit the parts required i might need to give this issue to skoda but i wanna avoid it really @nige8021 your the closest person to me i might need to ask for your help :) on pms.

• 1 month later...