Weird warning

Hi folks. My 3 superb. When driving in any gear getting a random bing and an overhead digital silhouette of the car pops up on digital display between speedometer and odometer 

Comes and goes and no apparent issue in the digital readout. Tyre pressures all fine. Steering possibly a little heavy but maybe imagining it 

any one and ideas?!

Hi John, welcome to the forum. Was a symbol displayed at the same time? - Possibly a warning that front assist is unavailable (radar sensor masked by debris, etc) 

18 minutes ago, Warrior193 said:

Hi John, welcome to the forum. Was a symbol displayed at the same time? - Possibly a warning that front assist is unavailable (radar sensor masked by debris, etc) 

Thanks Warrior. No that’s the odd thing: no warning light and nothing on the vehicle status - this may make sense as it comes as goes so quick. I’ll give the sensors a wipe and see if that helps!

• Like 1

My wife had a similar issue with her Fabia - the symbol was displayed above the plan-view image (car silhouette) in the matrix display.

33 minutes ago, johnjoefinn said:

an overhead digital silhouette of the car pops up on digital display between speedometer and odometer 

It may be a door / bonnet / boot sensor having a bad contact/connection and generating a warning message as if one door / the bonnet / the boot was open. Vibrations may open the circuit at this bad contact location and close it almost immediately.

This could explain warning message (with overhead view) vanishing instantaneously as if the door / bonnet / boot had been closed meanwhile.

Note: I'm not sure, just making hypothesis. 🤔

Checking for fault code with VCDS should confirm if there's a sensor with bad contact.

Its the warning that an incoming missile has been detected.

• Haha 2

On 12/06/2022 at 08:29, Paikesejanku said:

In case you used ACC at the same time, then it shows car siluettes when it detects cars in front of you. It comes and goes, no extra warning.

That had me confused for a while - it flashes up really quickly. Also amused to learn (in conjunction with that symbol) the car won't knowingly undertake either.