Karoq Door Locking System - Is it a common issue ?

BCEly

Karoq Door Locking System - Is it a common issue ?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever had to have the locks replaced?

• Yes - Just the Drivers Door
    • Yes - Both Doors
    • No - Never had an issue

Hi Folks

My 18 plate 2.0 Karoq Edition (DSG) is in the main dealers (🤢🤢) today to look at the keyless locking system which has now failed for the second time in about 28 months.

I’d like to try and gauge how common this fault is so can I please ask, have you ever had to have the locks replaced?

Slightly different issue…My 70 plate Karoq had an issue with the infotainment system. There was a message reading ‘SOS error - visit workshop’, or words to that effect, which required a visit to the local Skoda workshop for a software update.

Car was in Friday and we collected it Saturday morning.

A short time later, my wife and I were both outside the car and it locked itself with both keys inside, but wing mirrors still open and not folded in.

Cost £120+VAT to get the car opened by a locksmith.

I’ve left the car unlocked before and it has never locked itself, so my question is, could the software update of the infotainment system have reset the car locking system to lock itself if the car is left even for a short period of time.

Any help gratefully received, as a claim to the dealer is pending.

Not sure if they are related. What you described has happened to me but thankfully I was at home and the 2nd key was in the house. 

They will plug in OBD and do all they can to deny any connection. 

Since my lock was replaced I’ve had a Stop/Start error come up on the dash. 

I don't know exactly of course, but the dealer should have informed you that some personalised settings would be reset if the infotainment system is update.

Radio stations, and all the settings like personalisation could be lost.

What if anything is written on the receipt you hopefully got for the work done?

The drivers door lock was changed as it locked me out on a number of occasions. I mentioned it when it went in for a service and they changed it that day. It's almost like they knew it was a thing! 

Works perfectly now. 

(1.5 SEL DSG, 19 Plate)

• 10 months later...

My Karoq was in for 2 year service, and an apparent fault on the door locks was detected (we didn't know anything about this).

Appointment was made and locks have now been replaced,  under warranty. 

Same problem with my 2019 Karoq. I'll be booking in to get this sorted under my extended warranty. Its like the central locking has got a mind of its own! Checked the battery in key fob, new battery etc. Tried the spare key fob, same problem.

Our 2018 Ateca (same as Karoq, of course) produced a page full of locking related faults when it had its All In check at 3yrs old.  However it wasn’t apparent there was anything wrong but it strikes me the system must be iffy, to say the least.

Another thing the check picked up is that several of the door speakers weren’t working.   I do wonder if there’s some connection here – perhaps relating to how robust everything is to having the doors slammed, my daughter husband does slam the door extremely forcefully, especially if another door is open so there’s no air pressure to stop it, and kids can be the same.

• 4 weeks later...

My Skoda Karoq locked with my two children trapped inside on a hot summer's day. (We had to smash the passenger window glass to get them out.) Skoda eventually diagnosed an electrical fault with the car door. The car was three weeks out of warranty, MOT etc all up to date.

I'm looking to see whether this issue is more than a one-off - it appears so if these Skoda forums are anything to go by - and am hoping to speak to a few people for a newspaper piece who have experienced similar issues. Would you consider speaking to me? My email is [email protected]

Thank you

Clare

• 3 weeks later...