dynamic chassis control

Hi everyone,  

I want to find the pro and cons of dcc Iv a deposit put on a combi vrs with this option on it.  .wondering if it is worth it ?

Personally I love it. Mrs especially finds normal (let alone sports) mode a bit too firm so when she jumps in, I'll soften the ride up. She hasnt mentioned the ride once. Sports mode is pretty firm but hugs the the road incredibly well. In comfort mode, the ride is way softer and more like a boat. I'd buy it again if I had the choice.

Edited by kreeker
Addition

Yep, it's brilliant. I've got a couple of roads around here with speed humps, switch it to comfort mode and it just bounces over them, sport mode is hard, so I don't use it, eco is just bland nondescript. 

Overall it is what it is and what you make of it. 

To be honest, if it wasn't for the artificial noise I mostly could not tell if the car was in Comfort, Normal or Sport mode from the steering or suspension feel.

The main noticeable difference I see from Sport mode is it hanging onto lower gears for longer.

Edited by DaveFromSydney

5 hours ago, DaveFromSydney said:

To be honest, if it wasn't for the artificial noise I mostly could not tell if the car was in Comfort, Normal or Sport mode from the steering or suspension feel.

The main noticeable difference I see from Sport mode is it hanging onto lower gears for longer.

Sounds like you don't the the DCC. Do you have an Individual mode? 

20 hours ago, ck6120 said:

Hi everyone,  

I want to find the pro and cons of dcc Iv a deposit put on a combi vrs with this option on it.  .wondering if it is worth it ?

The con Is that if you don't spec it you are crazy it is that good.

2 hours ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Sounds like you don't the the DCC. Do you have an Individual mode? 

Perhaps you meant "have" - not "like"?

Yes I have Individual mode and it is capable of setting the DCC from way softer than Comfort up to way harder than Sport.

But I am happy with the standard choices.

I use Comfort for all my day-to-day driving in the city and suburbs and also for highway driving - so for 95% of my driving.

On the rare occasions that I get to go out into the country and access some tight, twisty roads I use Sport.

Even then I often just use the shifter to switch the gearbox to Sport without (I guess) affecting the suspension.

But, as I say, all that I am aware of is the change in the gear shifts, and the fake engine sound.

The suspension and steering effects seem very subtle.

Note that I didn't pay for DCC explicitly - it is packaged with all VRSs here - so I did not care if I had it or not.

And even our 2015 Golf Alltrack has the Sport setting for the gear operation, as do most cars these days.

Ok. It just sounded strange that you don't notice any real changes in how the car drives between comfort, standard and sport. To me, changes are quite noticeable. Especially with suspension, steering wheel, gearbox (quicker gear changes, holding gears longer) and gas pedal sensitivity.  

On 07/05/2023 at 21:54, DaveFromSydney said:

And even our 2015 Golf Alltrack has the Sport setting for the gear operation, as do most cars these days.

Many of the systems now have their own independent Sport mode - DSG being one of them, but AFAIK that's not linked to DCC mode?

• 1 month later...

I may have an issue with. my dynamic suspension which always feels hash and seems to react badly to pot holes. Dealer assures me that they removed the transport blocks but I'm going to  run it to the dealers to get them to check it. I can see the plastic gator on the drivers side suspension is not correctly fitted so i want that fixed anyway. I had my last car for 20 years and got used to how comfortable it was. I now find I am steering away from any imperfections in the road surface as my skoda seems to rattle rather than glide over them. Any feedback on how comfortable a octavia estate with DCC standard 16 inch wheels should feel?

• 4 months later...
On 07/05/2023 at 23:54, DaveFromSydney said:

Yes I have Individual mode and it is capable of setting the DCC from way softer than Comfort up to way harder than Sport.

I personally don't understand what do you mean by this sentence. I knew DCC in Individual mode can have: Suspension: 3 levels: Comfort, Normal, Sport; Direction: Comfort, Normal, Sport (changes steering wheel stiffness and accuracy) as well as Engine: Comfort, Normal, Sport which alters acceleration and gear change.
So how does look your settings for "way softer than Comfort" as you say ?  

11 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

What Dynamic Chassis Control? It's a factory option at £1,020. I think that It's gone up by about 40% 

Got mine for ~£800 (900 Eur) in 2021.

It's not what I would call a luxury..  I'd rather call leather seats, sunroof or chrome trims luxury as in "not really useful but nice"

DCC is rather a knowledgeable driver's option which improves everyday ride if you cross multiple type of roads (or mixed quality ones) 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SouthernComfort said:

Given the wide variety of road surfaces / conditions, I like DCC. I use Comfort mostly, my only wish is that it would remember my last setting rather than defaulting to Normal every time engine is restarted.

Driving mode can be assigned to a key in "Personalisation"

1662744344_Screenshot2023-11-10at21-13-27OwnersManual_pdf.png.41e3349dc636053735946f40822ead37.png

Page 57

https://ownersmanuals.blob.core.windows.net/ownersmanuals/en/Octavia_5E/07-2019/OwnersManual.pdf

• Like 1

On 10/11/2023 at 22:15, Stonekeeper said:

Driving mode can be assigned to a key in "Personalisation"

This only means that the profile will remember the settings under Individual mode. This doesn't mean that the system will remember the last driving mode used by the user. This will always fall back to Normal with every start of the car.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1