Superb Mk4

6 hours ago, JR RS said:

It's the 220 (162 kw) that is being down graded to 204 (150 kw.

Don't think we've had the 220 for quite some time now, it was replaced by the 190 a few years ago, so it looks to me like the 190 is being replaced by the 204?

There is no guarantee that all the engines will be sold in UK

Using latest year to date (Jan- July) SMMT sales figures

diesel cars only 3.9% of sales  (hardly seems worth bothering)

Mhev Petrol 15.1% (appears to be covered by 1.5)

Petrol 41.7% 

plug in hybrid 6.8%

the remaining third is not available on new Superb 

Electric 16.1%

Self charging full hybrid 12.4%

Mhev diesel 4.0%

https://www.smmt.co.uk/vehicle-data/car-registrations/

On 26/07/2023 at 08:53, Paulinkeighley said:

I haven't had to put a car through an MOT for over 40 years and I've got a bit of a psychological block about it, ridiculous I know. 

Someone is going to have to explain the logic of this to me, why would anyone choose to use a car that they thought would fail an MOT.  Surely if you value your own safety, would maintain it in roadworthy condition, so won't fail.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SurreyJohn said:

Someone is going to have to explain the logic of this to me, why would anyone choose to use a car that they thought would fail an MOT.  Surely if you value your own safety, would maintain it in roadworthy condition, so won't fail.

It's OK,  I didn't make myself clear enough. What I was meaning was I haven't used/owned a car that's reached its 3rd birthday for about 40 years as I've always had company cars or changed them before they needed an MOT. Its become ingrained so I have an overwhelming desire to change as the third birthday looms, nothing whatsoever to do with not wanting to maintain my car!

7 hours ago, JR RS said:

It's the 220 (162 kw) that is being down graded to 204 (150 kw.

After checking it seems the 220 hasn't been available in the Superb since 2018 in the UK, so 5 years ago now, it was replaced with the 190 which has been available since then and is currently still available which makes me think the 204 is the 190 replacement.

Perhaps the 220 has been available in other markets with less stringent emission regulations, but not in the UK.

38 minutes ago, cnc said:

After checking it seems the 220 hasn't been available in the Superb since 2018 in the UK, so 5 years ago now, it was replaced with the 190 which has been available since then and is currently still available which makes me think the 204 is the 190 replacement.

Perhaps the 220 has been available in other markets with less stringent emission regulations, but not in the UK.

Correct, it's a market thing.

we're still getting the 220 here in Australia.

We also still get the 280 here, instead of the 272.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JR RS said:

No more 272, Skoda restored the “lost”

power for GPF models for MY21/22

• Like 2

2L TSI 280 is also available today here in Switzerland too, we have the same emissions legislation as Europe.

Is perhaps the same as the recent Volvo decision to only sell SuVs, the demands in the UK market is not high for these models.

Actually, unless it's a mistake in the configuration, it's the only engine which is available on the superb.

Screenshot_20230805-120144.png

Edited by Gabbo

48 minutes ago, JR RS said:

Skoda UK still sell the 280PS, the 272 seemed short lived, as noted in the post above by ZacDaMan72

280.JPG

Edited by cnc
  • Like 1

Interesting. The 280 in Switzerland is £64k at Fridays closing exchange rate 😳 (Dunno what spec that is) vs around £45k for the L&K in the U.K.

Also (and this doesn’t make sense, does it?) the Swiss WLTP = 32mpg, which would be close to reality on say a 20 mile mixed drive, but the one shown by cnc shows the U.K. figure at 34.6? So much for “Harmonisation”. 

This was for a standard model sportline without any options added, just selection of sportline, standard interior, standard wheels & then engine (but I think this price is for the 200ps TDi) as the TSI doesn't have the green check in the top left.

Current the the sportline & L&K models come with almost all options as "standard".

Extras are panoroof, towbar & smaller options like sunset, usb sockets etc

Like most things, I'd expect the Swiss prices to be inflated because of the salaries/cost of living.

They dont offer the same model specs as other European countries so its typical difficult to compare unless you "fully load" everything.

There is no Swiss emissions laws, they just follow the European standards so the WLTP results should be the German homologated values for the 280ps?

@cnc Sorry about TSI204, I´ve read too fast… 

Regarding the TSI220 on MK3, it has never been sold in France. 
Indeed, it’s a market thing.

Considering the TSI280, the french government has killed it on French market since 2018, because of CO2 emissions taxes.

For such an engine, you have to pay an extra ~€15k for this single taxe. This would mean almost €80k for a Mk3 Estate in L&K or Sportline version with some options! Crazy!
So simple, that TSI280 isn’t available anymore on Škoda french configurator. 🙄

Recently another taxe against weight has appeared for all cars over 1800kg. Fortunately, it only concerns ~2% of the market.

Taxe, taxe, taxe, taxe, taxe… Owning and driving a car is becoming something luxuous…

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, MattLog said:

New MK4 interior

370273345_5965828346851191_2473614283063490500_n.jpeg

I am glad I pulled the trigger on Mk3 - Mk4 is/will be exactly what I do not want in a car.

Edited by lmb

Each to their own but I too am relieved that I ordered a mk3 l and k. I'm not a fan of those ubiquitous tablets sticking out the top of dashboards. This looks like the cognac leather option I went for. I'm really not sure if I'm going to like it but I did fancy a change.... 

1 hour ago, Gabbo said:

It was the touch sensitive volume control that put me off the mk4 Octavia and into the Superb mk3

I think MK4 has multifunction center physical button, that acts as volume button in this picture:

Skoda Superb interior 2024-2.jpg

• Like 1

I'm happy they've kept the climate controls & physical buttons.

Asside from the tan colour from these media images I think the interior looks pretty good.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Paulinkeighley said:

Each to their own but I too am relieved that I ordered a mk3 l and k. I'm not a fan of those ubiquitous tablets sticking out the top of dashboards. This looks like the cognac leather option I went for. I'm really not sure if I'm going to like it but I did fancy a change.... 

I’m another one who doesn’t like the iPad blu-tac’d to the dashboard.  It’s why I moved from Mercedes in 2015…