Superb Mk4

It's on Czech website

Price from Koruna 1,035,000 (£36,036)

L&K version from K 1,235,000 (£44,194)

German version

Estate selection spec from €43,840 (£38,422)

estate L&K spec from €50,350 (£44,128) for 1.5mhev

estate L&K spec from €54,450 (£47,721) for 2.0 TDI

Just for fun added just about all options on a diesel L&K on configurator and got price over €60,600 (over £53,000) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

French Skoda configurator finally includes Superb Mk4 and Kodiaq Mk2.

But prices are not yet available and I assume all options are neither available in the configurator.

Currently, you can only chose: bodywork color, rims, and interior type (leather / textile) and color

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, 

I've discussed with the Director of my local dealer.

Mk4 orders will be opened around april or may for France.

First delivery should happen around summer.

A point I had not noticed in first presentations, he said diesel engine should be in mild Hybrid version to reduce overhall CO2 emissions.

Edited by Bap33
  • Like 1

On 01/02/2024 at 22:17, Bap33 said:

A point I had not noticed in first presentations, he said diesel engine should be in mild Hybrid version to reduce overhall CO2 emissions.

Still not clear if the diesel will make it to UK, overall under 3.5% of new cars now sold in UK is a diesel, and about another 3.4% are mild hybrid diesel, so going for a market of 1 in 30 is quite niche.

Skoda UK no longer sell diesels in Fabia, Scala, Kamiq, and have recently stopped 2wd diesel Karoq too.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, here is the first look and review of the new Superb in L&K trim I filmed in Graz Austria including price.

• Thanks 3

I have no idea what the design team were thinking of with that dashboard, looks hideous to me, especially the virtual cockpit module with great thick bezels and sticking out from under the sun shield, yuck

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DavidY said:

I see the new Superbs are now visible in the UK version of the configurator:
https://cc.skoda-auto.com/gbr/en-gb?pagegroup=Website&salesprogram=GBR&type=Car configurator
PHEV versions don't seem to be available there yet though?

Looked at base (SE Technology) spec to compare engines

1.5tsi  150PS  WLTP 46.6-53.3mpg  122-130g CO2

2.0tdi  150PS. WLTP 53.3-56.5mpg  130-139g CO2 £560 extra

with diesel fuel regularly 5-8% more than petrol (summer) and nearer 9-12% more in winter (as it is similar to heating oil), on face of it might cost more to run the diesel.

The pricing is also very close to the £40,000 extra tax threshold, it appears if you want SEL spec estate, if you add metallic paint then over the £40k.   Even adding couple of options to base spec means have to watch the tax threshold 

• Like 1

Just diesel on the L&K trim! 😒

No PHEV yet, will just have to order a SEL mild hybrid petrol for now and change to the PHEV when it is available.

I've been waiting for this car for 2 years, can wait no longer!!

43 minutes ago, philsmith said:

Just diesel on the L&K trim! 😒

I thought the price was higher than I expected, but It includes four wheel drive under standard equipment, so I assume a petrol two wheel drive will be a bit lower when it becomes available.

Car ordered for delivery in June.

SKODA SUPERB ESTATE SEL 1.5 TSI mild hybrid

ICE TEA YELLOW METALLIC

SUITE COGNAC

PANORAMIC SUNROOF

ELECTRIC TOW BAR WITH ADAPTOR

DYNAMIC CHASSIS CONTROL PLUS

VARIABLE BOOT FLOOR

WINTER PACKAGE

18" steel space saving spare wheel

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

48 minutes ago, philsmith said:

Car ordered for delivery in June.

SKODA SUPERB ESTATE SEL 1.5 TSI mild hybrid

ICE TEA YELLOW METALLIC

SUITE COGNAC

PANORAMIC SUNROOF

ELECTRIC TOW BAR WITH ADAPTOR

DYNAMIC CHASSIS CONTROL PLUS

VARIABLE BOOT FLOOR

WINTER PACKAGE

18" steel space saving spare wheel

No hanging around... Bosh!

Will be interested in the photos, comments etc when it arrives.

26 minutes ago, Gabbo said:

No hanging around... Bosh!

Been waiting two years to order, new what I wanted, but would have preferred a full hybrid L&K, but looks like that will be another six months at least.

Maybe upgrade next year, see how I get on with the mild hybrid.

New Superb Estate Laurin & Klement 2.0 TDI 193PS DSG 4x4 in Energy Blue ordered yesterday.  Options include active tyre pressure monitoring system, heads-up display, simply clever family package, variable boot floor and boot net partition.  £49,100 on the road.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dumpling1954 said:

New Superb Estate Laurin & Klement 2.0 TDI 193PS DSG 4x4

I wonder why the L&K is only available at the moment with a diesel, they are very unpopular nowadays accounting for a very small percentage of sales.

If they can build the lower spec cars with more engine choices then why not the L&K?

37 minutes ago, philsmith said:

I wonder why the L&K is only available at the moment with a diesel, they are very unpopular nowadays accounting for a very small percentage of sales.

If they can build the lower spec cars with more engine choices then why not the L&K?

My gut feeling is that haven't tooled up the production line for 2 litre petrol engines yet, or have some sort of capacity crunch.  They might not really want to sell many because of emissions limits rules.

From memory euro7 comes in for sales 1st July 2025, which means production lines need to be building it within 12 months, and perhaps don't want to change spec within few months of launch, so waiting until new engine is ready.  I suspect 1.5mhev meets requirements (or can easily be tweaked to meet euro7), whereas current non-hev 2 litre tsi needs superseding 

Yea makes sense, but why not offer the 1.5 mhev on the L&K as well .

7 minutes ago, philsmith said:

Yea makes sense, but why not offer the 1.5 mhev on the L&K as well .

Seems to be a dumb UK idea

In Germany can have a 1.5mhev L&K, it's €49,860 (£42,573) for estate

1 hour ago, SurreyJohn said:

My gut feeling is that haven't tooled up the production line for 2 litre petrol engines yet, or have some sort of capacity crunch.  They might not really want to sell many because of emissions limits rules.

From memory euro7 comes in for sales 1st July 2025, which means production lines need to be building it within 12 months, and perhaps don't want to change spec within few months of launch, so waiting until new engine is ready.  I suspect 1.5mhev meets requirements (or can easily be tweaked to meet euro7), whereas current non-hev 2 litre tsi needs superseding 

Not much change for engines in Euro7

• Like 1