Memory settings not working for seats

Hi,

I have issue with my seats controller, stopped moving seats to memorised positions some time ago...

All manual adjustment knobs are operating ok, can move seats in any direction I want..

Output from VCSA for seats is as follow:

Address 36: Seat Mem. Drvr (J810)       Labels:* None
   Part No SW: 5Q0 959 760 B    HW: 5Q0 959 760 B
   Component: Sitzmemory    H08 0021  
   Serial number: Y0006PLG22250 Dataset Number: ---€------- 
   Coding: 0014000000000500018280808080000000008181000000D400
   Shop #: WSC 33361 790 00156
   ASAM Dataset: EV_SeatMemorDriveSide 002021
   ROD: EV_SeatMemorDriveSide.rod
   VCID: 3C213ABF76E804CA133-8068

3 Faults Found:
9654868 - Motor for Lumbar Support Fore/Aft Adjustment 
          B1352 54 [009] - Missing Calibration / Basic Setting
          Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 4
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Reset counter: 62
                    Mileage: 58946 km
                    Date: 2022.08.20
                    Time: 18:47:00

9654612 - Motor for Lumbar Support Height Adjustment 
          B1351 54 [009] - Missing Calibration / Basic Setting
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Priority: 4

10489856 - No Basic Setting 
          B2010 00 [009] - -
          [keine oder falsche Grundeinstellung/Adaption]
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Priority: 7

I have tried to perform calibration as per some manuals found on forum here and anywhere else I could find it, but it still refuses to reset.

I did moved seat as much forward as possible with all adjust knobs, then back as much as possible, then forward again, did not reset.

Is there any specific order, any caveat I need to know for this..?

Any advices?

Move the seat all the way forward.

When it stops, move the switch forward again and the seat will move a cm or so. 
Do the same when moving the seat back; when it stops, move the switch backwards again and the seat will move back a bit more. 

Then reset the seat memories. 

Edited by numskull
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Thanks..

I did all of above in one go: moved bottom forward, moved 1cm more. Folded vertical part forward down, moved 1cm more. Raised bottom part to top spot, raised 1cm more..

What I did not do then was to 'reset seat memory' as none of 'memory/set postion' buttons actually responds, they should generate bong when pressed..   Anything on that step..?

I expect you need the seat controller updating by a dealer.

Technical product information Transaction No.: 2049942/3
Storing seat memory positions not working Release date: 07-Feb-2019

Customer statement:
• Storing driver’s seat or front passenger’s seat positions into memory is not working.

Service centre findings:
• Entries „no basic setting“ concerning seat adjusting motors are stored in the event memory of the seat control unit.

Measure
• Online update of the memory seat control unit SW using the diagnostic tool ODIS via the measure code.

image.png.4dd1eefd5b406048fe81411fb5a896cc.png
• If the fault „Data set invalid“ is logged, check the SW version. It has always to be the latest SW version, i.e. SW 22 or 24.
• In the case of the version SW 22 or 24 with the fault entry „Data set invalid“, carry out only the parametrization of the memory seat control unit using the software configuration (SWK).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, numskull said:

Move the seat all the way forward.

When it stops, move the switch forward again and the seat will move a cm or so. 
Do the same when moving the seat back; when it stops, move the switch backwards again and the seat will move back a bit more. 

Then reset the seat memories. 

The fault codes are for the lumbar support is missing its calibration. 

Moving the seat forward and backwards wont fix that :D

Try moving the lumbar to its extreme positions in all directions, then hold the button at each end stop for a few seconds.

If that doesnt work it can be done with a diagnostic tool, if not, it needs the software update listed above. 

14 minutes ago, ApertureS said:

The fault codes are for the lumbar support is missing its calibration. 

Moving the seat forward and backwards wont fix that :D

Oh right, I didn’t notice that. I thought the OP said he’d lost seat memory settings. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, numskull said:

Oh right, I didn’t notice that. I thought the OP said he’d lost seat memory settings. 

If any of the 6 different adjustments loose their calibration, then memory will be lost for the entire seat, bit of a pain really!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ApertureS said:

If any of the 6 different adjustments loose their calibration, then memory will be lost for the entire seat, bit of a pain really!

🙄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, trybar said:

Think I've moved lumbar too, but will give it a go again.. tx

If it doesnt fix it, next youll need to go to the live data of the module and for each of the 6 motors

We are looking at the 2 lumbar/lordosis live data, it will have something like: block, blockmax, blockmin, normed, zeroed, calibrated

If you can post all the live data for them 2 motors i can help further.

Also, dont discount what @langers2ksaid about a software update!

Edited by ApertureS

Some hints from me:

1. end-end resetting values (as above move end to end in all directions)

2. obd11 or any other programme (reset to default values)

3. driver update (in service or by ODIN)

4. module replacement to the newer one... In my case this point solve the problem.

i had issues with my (MY17) memory seats in 2019 - they (Skoda Service Centre) ended up replacing the seat controller module as the software update didn't fix the issue.

it has been good ever since.

Old:

SW: 5Q0 959 760 B   /  0021

HW: 5Q0 959 760 B  /  H08

New:

SW: 5Q0 959 760 C   /  0024

HW: 5Q0 959 760 C  /  H09

• 1 month later...
On 21/01/2024 at 09:06, langers2k said:

I expect you need the seat controller updating by a dealer.

Technical product information Transaction No.: 2049942/3
Storing seat memory positions not working Release date: 07-Feb-2019

Customer statement:
• Storing driver’s seat or front passenger’s seat positions into memory is not working.

Service centre findings:
• Entries „no basic setting“ concerning seat adjusting motors are stored in the event memory of the seat control unit.

Measure
• Online update of the memory seat control unit SW using the diagnostic tool ODIS via the measure code.

image.png.4dd1eefd5b406048fe81411fb5a896cc.png
• If the fault „Data set invalid“ is logged, check the SW version. It has always to be the latest SW version, i.e. SW 22 or 24.
• In the case of the version SW 22 or 24 with the fault entry „Data set invalid“, carry out only the parametrization of the memory seat control unit using the software configuration (SWK).

Would this also have to be applied to 2023 SIII. I have just changed to a 2023 one and the driver seat is not storing any position on any number.

8 minutes ago, 26DIPP said:

Would this also have to be applied to 2023 SIII. I have just changed to a 2023 one and the driver seat is not storing any position on any number.

Very unlikely... Anything after the TPI date should be 'fixed' from factory.

That doesn't mean there isn't another issue though with a separate TPI ;)

Should the seat move automatically to the preset positions with one press of the numbered button? Or does the driver have to hold the numbered button while the seat travels to the new position? My 2023 superb requires the button to be held which seems pointless as its no more convenient than adjusting the seat manually. 

It will move just by pressing once - only if the igniton is off (although at some point after the doors are open it still requires to press and hold).

With ignition on - always press and hold.

Edited by komoornik

Perfect thanks. It only works automatically when you are not sat in the seat. Otherwise you have to press and hold. I guess this helps reduce the stress on the motors. Thanks for the advice it was driving me mad! 

37 minutes ago, SuperbNoob said:

Perfect thanks. It only works automatically when you are not sat in the seat. Otherwise you have to press and hold. I guess this helps reduce the stress on the motors. Thanks for the advice it was driving me mad! 

It's nothing to do with whether or not you are in the seat, it's whether the ignition is on.

I've always assumed that you have to hold the button down when the ignition is on for safety.  If you touched a button when you're driving, the seat could suddenly  move to a position where you can't properly control the car.

• Like 2