Removable items to check

tolfree

Hi all,

I've paid a deposit on a 2022 1.0 SE L karoq which I'm going to collect on Saturday from an approved Skoda dealer, very excited!

Would really appreciate a checklist of any removable items I should check are still there. So far I have umbrella, ice scraper, and torch in boot. Is there anything else I should expect to find that might have got lost? Many thanks 

Skoda, like the rest of the VAG group, no longer provide Service books to record the service history, its all online in the Skoda Dealers computer system. So its worth asking for a print out of the service history dso you have a paper record. I believe only Skoda (VAG? ) dealers have access to the system so any servicing carried out by a non-franchised dealer probably won't be recorded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tolfree said:

Hi all,

I've paid a deposit on a 2022 1.0 SE L karoq which I'm going to collect on Saturday from an approved Skoda dealer, very excited!

Would really appreciate a checklist of any removable items I should check are still there. So far I have umbrella, ice scraper, and torch in boot. Is there anything else I should expect to find that might have got lost? Many thanks 

I wouldn’t worry too much about those three things myself, however, alloy wheel locking nut- make sure that is there and for peace of mind I’d check it’s the right one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tolfree said:

Hi all,

Maybe cargo nets in the boot ( I rarely use mine) and check if there is a spare wheel , sometimes previous owner specifies one.

• Like 1

So far I have umbrella, ice scraper, and torch in boot. Is there anything else I should expect to find that might have got lost?

Is there a torch any more ? Don't think my 2021 had one ?

Also check for tyre inflator (compressor) and emergency repair(!!) kit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NottsIan said:

Also check for tyre inflator (compressor) and emergency repair(!!) kit

It comes with a space saver spare so I had assumed these wouldn't be included?

I have a space saver but I still have the inflator and repair kit. Maybe it is because mine was a pre-reg and the dealer supplied and fitted the space saver kit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NottsIan said:

No torch in our 22 SE-L.

There was no umbrella in our used 2020 Karoq, mentioned it to sales dept who said they’d source one. Which they did, but not the one that fits under the passenger seat, it was a bit big, so it lives in the door. 
Didn’t know about the torch, perhaps it didn’t come as standard on ours? Where would it live, perhaps it’s there and I’ve never come across it 😂

Torch was deleted at some point. My 2018 does have it.

Our car was a 64 mile Skoda/dealer preregistered one.  No umbrella.  Dealer gave me one from stock,  also too big.  Decided life is too short to make it an issue.  We had an umbrella that did fit so used that.

tom

• Like 1

No torch in my 2022 SE Drive.  Check to make sure you get the holders that fit on the back of the front seat headrests so rear passengers can put a tablet on them.  Also the plastic things that velcro onto the boot floor to hold bits and pieces in place.  I removed mine as I didn't need them but they should come with the car.  I had the gunge kit but took it out and bought a spacesaver spare and jack.  A full size spare wheel won't fit (too deep).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BTandSid said:

I like those Velcro ‘stop your shopping bags sliding’ thingies. Simple idea but useful.

they are, until you put a rubber boot liner in lol

• Like 1

On 24/04/2024 at 10:26, Rory said:

No torch in our 22 SE-L.

I've just checked my MY21 1.5tsi Edition and wow, no more getting wet as there is an umbrella under the front passenger seat!!!

I've had the car as an ex demonstrator since June 21 and only just found this out just as I twigged there is a 2-stage unlock so the second pull on the handle opens the rest of the doors. Duh.