Skip to content

Exhaust warning light

Featured Replies

Good evening

I have a 2019 Skoda Superb.

The exhaust warning light came on a week or so ago. I ran my OBD Eleven and I can clear the warning light. However it does keep coming on. Having had a similar issue with my previous Superb my partner suggested driving it at high revs for 15/20 minutes which we did.

I cleared the light, but the next time I went out in the car it was back on.

Any suggestions or advice will be gratefully received.

IMG-20261007-WA0000.jpg

Best give some clues like WHAT ENGINE, how many miles done, when was it serviced last. Could there have been some issue with the last fuelling of the var?

  • Author

It's a 2l 150hp engine that's done 118591 miles.

Oil change done at 118488.

Last full service 12/09/2025 at 112689.

Last fuel fill up on 21/09.

Light came on either 27/09 or 28/09.

I ran the OBD Eleven on 28/09.

  • Author

Diesel

What’s the error on OBD11?

Driving at high revs heats up the exhaust and helps cause a passive regen (burning off the soot) but if that’s not the key issue then it’s not the solution to the problem.

You could have a sensor breaking down which is sometimes causing an implausible signal - driving at high revs does nothing for that.

  • Author

Thanks for your response.

Well that's the thing it doesn't come up with an error code. On the scan page it shows the same symbol with CHECK, but it doesn't show anywhere that I can see as an error code.

I will run it again tomorrow and see if there is anything that I've missed.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.