MFD2 is IN...............

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like the way if you look at the navigation in the blokes car, it shows him on a motorway with junctions to both sides, yet he's blatently driving on a more rural 'A' road with no junctions!!

Fills you with confidence eh!!?

Not only that but he is driving on the wrong side of the road :D

I have an MFD2 and a Navman ICN520, I prefer the MFD2 for many reasons.

Some of which are -

The MFD2 is built in, no trailing wires or suction brackets.

The mapping is good on the current 06/07 disk.

The display is large and concise.

I get direction via Maxidot.

I get the direction through the car speakers.

It has TMC.

The MFD2 screen can be used for DVD/TV etc if that is your bag.

My really biggest gripe would be the navigation around the map. This would be vastly improved with a touch screen !

nothing worse then trying to divert off the M25 and not being able to zoom out / search for an alternative route. I know if you turn off the route it will redirect.

thanks for the comments. i think the things id miss most would be the camera locations and the visual parking sensors as mine has the front ones too and its handy to know which side is beeping.

do the mfd2 maps give the same detail as tom tom, ie river paths next to roads, railway lines etc?

I use both and the biggest advantage Tomtom has over the MFD2 is full postcode search so it guides you in to the door not the street. Very handy for remote location finding like farm houses etc. P.S. bit of the subject and not to gloat or anything but just received a brand new sealed 2006/2007 TMC disc off Ebay for a little over

well, ive gone and bought an mfd2 tonight from one of the eay sellers alreasy used by people on here. just have to order a surround which im thinking of in black as ive not seen a silver surround install on here with the ivory trim ive got. im not sure if it will go.

I could also do with finding a local vag-comm expert to apply the settings from vrsstu's website to tell the car about the nav unit. is there anyone in the north wales/north west area that does this? obviously id pay for their time but looking through the area forums all the wales users seem to be down south so it may have to be north west. roll on parcel force!

I'm thinking of buying from the same seller, can you recommend him

Thanks

Geoff

yup, i bought from dj.kolia. 24 hour recorded shipping with parcel force and the unit was well packed. it did have a slight scratch on the display but other than that the unit was in perfect condition. Put it in on sunday and have been very pleased with it although the map is a bit pants compared to tomtom but the functionality is there. i just need to get hold of a newer disk now.

heres some picks from my install. i went with the black surround as i didnt think the silver would suit with the l&k trim and ivory.

12273.attach[ATTACH]12274[/ATTACH]12275.attach