new superb????

mgpd

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This picture has slightly different lights. Maybe they are toying with a few designs and releasing them to see what feedback they get ( possibly from forums such as this one ! )

God I hope that is not the front end they go with :eek: :thumbdwn:

I was at the dealers this morning. The subject of the new Superb came up in conversation. Apparently there will be a hatchback, estate and coupe. I must say if the pictures are anything to go by, the new Superb looks cool, I can't wait to see the coupe and estate versions.

Guest Fabia 12v

If they build it with the joyster face we are going to hav to do some serious marketing at VW to keep up with the passat.... because that new superbs looks utterly brilliant to tell the truth and they will sell so so many of them if they get the prices right, expecially now its got to the stage where there isn't brand snobery so much on the market anymore.

VW might be shooting themselves in the foot letting skoda become so good!

well i think we all agree that as long as they keep the new sharp front end and stick to the magazine mock ups it'll be a winner, maybe stick the big diesel engine from the pheaton / toureg in it for good measure? what a machine that would be torque by the skip load! bring on the boy racers its time for some fun. :D

According to my sourse 2.0FSI, 2.0TFSI, 3.2FSI, 2.0TDI-CR and 2.7 TDI-CR

Really like the sound of that - hope this is going to be the case. Quite fancy a 2.0TFSI or the 3.2 FSI or even the 2.7TDI. An estate would be the icing on the cake, though if they're going to do a hatch, I may go that route. I've always been a fan of big hatches - I've had 3 Saab 9000 hatches, though hatches were deemed to be out of fashion, so all the manufacturers seemed to go with saloons and estates only for years.

I'll try to hang on to my Edition 100 and part-ex it for one of the new ones when they come out. Wouldn't be surprised if there is a 10%+ price hike for Superb's when the new one comes out. Still be good value though.

Really like the sound of that - hope this is going to be the case. Quite fancy a 2.0TFSI or the 3.2 FSI or even the 2.7TDI. An estate would be the icing on the cake, though if they're going to do a hatch, I may go that route. I've always been a fan of big hatches - I've had 3 Saab 9000 hatches, though hatches were deemed to be out of fashion, so all the manufacturers seemed to go with saloons and estates only for years.

I'll try to hang on to my Edition 100 and part-ex it for one of the new ones when they come out. Wouldn't be surprised if there is a 10%+ price hike for Superb's when the new one comes out. Still be good value though.

Provided they sort the DPF problem thats on the current model I can only assume it will be a great car. With the exception of this problem the current car is fantastic if you do long journeys & will be a hard act to follow.

Hopefully its quality will be a well guarded secret & great discounts will become available a few months after the launch :)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a friend in the trade who deals with a lot of lease & company cars. He cannot get over how bad the new Passat is, compared to the last generation. He has stated that bits keep dropping of them left right and centre. I only hope that Skoda build the new Superb in their own factories so that they get any quality issues ironed out in house.

This car looks stunning and hopefully when they hit the roads the older superb comes down so I can chop in my Mk1 Octy VRS for a nice 130PD model.

there are 2 more photos - 2 new versions of the New Superb

new-skoda-superb.jpg

superb2.jpg

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

That top picture looks very much like a similar one of the new Passat, but has clearly been flipped and photo shopped, as for the second one, that has been doing the rounds for a little while.

Really excited about the new SuperB especially if you can get a coupe version! Not happy about reading the quality issues with the new Passat though!

Will the new Superb just be a reprofiled Passat or will it still feature the extra 10cm or so the current Superb had over the old passat?

The whole reason I went for the Superb over a passat was for the extra space.

Will the new Superb just be a reprofiled Passat or will it still feature the extra 10cm or so the current Superb had over the old passat?

The whole reason I went for the Superb over a passat was for the extra space.

Very good question Chris. Originally the talk was that it was going to be on the same platform as the Audi A6. As the current Passat is on a stretched Golf platform, that meant the new Superb should have been bigger (and better, again).

However, if Skoda have changed their mind used the same platform as the current Passat, then I personally can't see it being much different to the Passat. I don't know if anyone been able to confirm which platform they are using.

One thing is for sure, Skoda need to do some marketing for the Superb2. IMHO the residuals on the Superb1 have suffered because it has an identity crisis. Essentially, no-one really knew which category it was meant to be in. I was shocked how little we got for ours when we got rid of it. I really miss that car, but I wasn't prepared to lose more money on it.