Sunday morning wasn't that easy...

Babs

Had some bad news Sunday morning.

Unexpectedly, and completely out of the blue, my mum had a heart attack.

She stopped breathing, and I revived her once, but she kept slipping back.

The paramedics revived a few times, then thought they'd got her stable. Took her to the hospital, where her heart stopped beating again. It went on like this for about half an hour.

She was pronounced dead at 9:44 Sunday morning.

I'm only 20, this isn't supposed to happen. I really have no idea what's going on.

RIP :(

Yeah, I still got my dad. To be honest, he's worse off than I am.

Just trying to get things together, and keep us both busy.

I (or we) just need to keep going, really

Terrible news indeed. I can't begin to imagine what it feels like to lose your mum, let alone at such a young age. I'm 22, and can't imagine life without mum.

My heart goes out to you... :hug:

That is awful news, I do hope you find the strength for yourself and your Dad to get through this. Well done for your CPR attempts and like others have said, my heart goes out to you.

Hang in there, and look after your dad. Together you'll make it through. It'll be hard for a while and there'll be a tendency to strike out at those around you but try to keep it together and you'll be fine.

Our thoughts are with you.

How sad for you, lost my parents when I was in my late twenties, as people say you never get over it although things do get easier. I have just lost my twin brother in the last couple of weeks - he lived in America and I never saw him in his lasts days just back from his funeral - hit me hard but the best thing for me was having a good heart when I got back with some with some good friends - in your case if you can open up with your dad that will help

She will always be with you in your heart and the memories you have of her. I can relate to how you are feeling, having lost my Dad 5 years ago, the day after my 20th birthday to cancer. As others have said it does get easier given time. Pull togethr with your dad and try and be strong for each other.

My thoughts are with you.

Rich.