White Octavia vRS (UK)

Ants

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jason...thank God you are here.

The voice of reason at last. :)

I am going to swayed by your highly persuasive critique of the the car and to ring the dealer and cancel my order. I will only lose £500 deposit and in the end, it will actually be saving me money.

I don't want that!

You're right!

Phew. That was a lucky escape!

Cheers,

M :)

Helpful comment then:thumbdwn:

pardon me for having a non rose tinted opinion,i don't like the look of new vrs is that better for you?

jason...thank God you are here.

The voice of reason at last.

I am going to swayed by your highly persuasive critique of the the car and to ring the dealer and cancel my order. I will only lose £500 deposit and in the end, it will actually be saving me money.

I don't want that!

You're right!

Phew. That was a lucky escape!

Cheers,

M

:rofl: you should have just given me your deposit

:rofl: you should have just given me your deposit

Erm...not sure that would have worked.

I'm sure you have reasons....but I can't see a better choice for me at the moment and I think I'd rather have the mark 2 over the mark 1. However I must admit I have had no experience of the two compared together. Wouldn't say the 1.8T engine was bad, very flexible, in my existing Golf and I like it. But still, If I was offered the two and asked to chose I would still be inclined to waste my deposit on the mark 2. :)

M

Erm...not sure that would have worked.

I'm sure you have reasons....but I can't see a better choice for me at the moment and I think I'd rather have the mark 2 over the mark 1. However I must admit I have had no experience of the two compared together. Wouldn't say the 1.8T engine was bad, very flexible, in my existing Golf and I like it. But still, If I was offered the two and asked to chose I would still be inclined to waste my deposit on the mark 2. :)

M

thats perfectly reasonable mate.

i have no reason to dislike the mk2, other then the way it looks.

And the trim quality in my mk1 vrs.great car let down by its shoddy interior.

it should be replaced by the summer hopefully.

Apologies now if I'm being really thick.

Are these 2 cars going to be police cars?

Dan

I believe they were going to be police cars and the order got cancelled.

• 1 month later...
Look what I've got!

Funny you should say look what i've got,, I also work at Simpsons Skoda who bought these 2 freaks of nature and i was aware that only these 2 (yes 'skoda' painted them white by mistake) where in existance. One of which our Managing Director is Driving about and the other which is sat in our showroom [both, with a new exhaust, new white wheels, and a few other odd bits]

So where have you bought this from or are you our managing director in disguise?

EDIT:

Stupid me, Yes i have just read 'ANTS' profile so all i'm gonna say is:

HI ANTHONY!!

:thumbup:

• 1 year later...
Funny you should say look what i've got,, I also work at Simpsons Skoda who bought these 2 freaks of nature and i was aware that only these 2 (yes 'skoda' painted them white by mistake) where in existance. One of which our Managing Director is Driving about and the other which is sat in our showroom [both, with a new exhaust, new white wheels, and a few other odd bits]

So where have you bought this from or are you our managing director in disguise?

EDIT:

Stupid me, Yes i have just read 'ANTS' profile so all i'm gonna say is:

HI ANTHONY!!

:thumbup:

Iordered a white Occy vRS three weeks ago and all I need now is my transfer of reg cert from the DVLA so it can be taxed and I can collect it. It looks absolutely awesome. Cancelled old bill order? Not a chance, not with the spec on there: sunroof, cruise, maxi dot, rear sensors, 18" zenith's, jumbo box, dual zone climate, heated front seats, electric rear windows, light assist, auto wipers * auto dimming interior mirror - in other words, everything except xenons.

Every other car on UK roads is silver; check out my pics on my thread on the newby section entitled "new member with white vRS on the way" and tell me why you would take a silver one over this object of beauty! :pants:

Iordered a white Occy vRS three weeks ago and all I need now is my transfer of reg cert from the DVLA so it can be taxed and I can collect it. It looks absolutely awesome. Cancelled old bill order? Not a chance, not with the spec on there: sunroof, cruise, maxi dot, rear sensors, 18" zenith's, jumbo box, dual zone climate, heated front seats, electric rear windows, light assist, auto wipers * auto dimming interior mirror - in other words, everything except xenons.

Every other car on UK roads is silver; check out my pics on my thread on the newby section entitled "new member with white vRS on the way" and tell me why you would take a silver one over this object of beauty! :pants:

at the time of that post, they were the only two around, you could not get them in white. This thread is over a year old now

at the time of that post, they were the only two around, you could not get them in white. This thread is over a year old now

Um, I knew that. No, really...........

Seriously though mate, part of my point is that why would you choose silver over white when the white was, and still is, that rare and that stunning?

Um, I knew that. No, really...........

Seriously though mate, part of my point is that why would you choose silver over white when the white was, and still is, that rare and that stunning?

as someone who is waiting for a white one, I'd prefer it for other people to go for different colours, makes white that bit more special :D