BRISKODA Stand GTI International June 16th/17th

devonutopia

I could see your stand from ours, looked well represented. :) Mine was the yellow Fabia on gloss black Porsche rims on the Newport Edition stand just up from the Brisky stand. Didn't have any spare time to come over and have a look (at any of the club stands or most of the traders) as 2 of us from Newport Edition were helping set up the show and shine. Amazingly, no Skodas entered the show and shine all weekend so nobody won that class, so I was 'given' the winning rosette... :) Anybody with a Skoda, no matter how dirty, could have rolled over and won the Skoda Show and Shine class! Hehe. Never mind. :)

One funny thing is we were telling our club members to come into the club stand area on arrival and then just look for my car (as its not hard to miss being yellow and having black wheels), but there was a yellow vRS on black rims on your stand!! The confusion wasn't helped by the amount of beers they'd all consumed all weekend either. lol.

Great weekend, even if I got drenched for 2 days then sunburnt yesterday. Still, it's prepared me for Glastonbury later this week!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was a very good show, though a real shame about the weather on Saturday.

It wasn't very busy, didn't seem to be many cars but I think that was rectified yesterday. Think i'll be buying Sunday tickets next year.

Sorry to hear about the accident on the way home though!

I wanted to enter the show and shine on Saturday :mad: , I'd e-mailed GTi Inters like the website requested, but my e-mail was never replied to and Jason was told we were too late when we asked at about 11.15 (apparently cut off was 11am).

Excellent day out and I think I get the award for most sunburnt forehead! Thanks Bryand for showing the world my expert sprint run!! :)

Some really nice VWs around and mostly really quite elegant rather than the crass over the top modding predicted in earlier posts. I especially liked some of the mk I & II Golfs with smoothed engine bays. Sorry to hear about Miss Kia and no lasting injuries. More sorry for the guy who smacked his Golf into the side of a milk tanker trailer about 3 miles away from the venue, Sunday morning, seriously smashing it up and himself in the process. Hope he is OK too.

Oh and I look forward to hearing from Phil regarding exhaust once it's on and fitted.

I was in the Black Mk1. Slid off early as was my first fathers day and had to get back south for the 'celebrations'.

For all those who turned up on Sun, the day wasn't bad. They had moved some of the stands off the mud, although a number of big players from last year stayed away.

Now for the big rant!! I turned up on Fri lunchtime to set up and have a chilled enjoyable weekend camping/show. After last year we were promised better facilities, better entertainment and a better camp site.

The site was water logged, and on a large slope. Even on sunny Fri, we had trouble getting vehicles in. By the evening cars were having to be dragged in and out with tractors.

There were supposed to be hundreds camping I would be suprised if there were a hundred. Rather than a shower trailer as last year, there were a few showers in portaloo boxes. There were a few food vans there, but come saturday lunchtime, they had gone home. There was a small marquee for entertainment but nothing happened in there either night, not that the generator was working. The family area was set up at the bottom of the slope which ended up flooding, I saw someone bailing out their gazebo.

In essence the camping was bad, most cars had to be towed out of the mud, if they were let in at all, we were told on sat evening that the council had closed the site and anyone new turning up would have to go elsewhere or to a hotel.

the facilities were poor, and if the numbers expected had turned up would have been solely inadequate. None of the promised attractions materialised, even the food disappeared. Everyone and everything was covered in mud.

I'll give the farmer his dues, he spent a lot of time gragging and ferrying even though he got stick from some people. It was not his fault, the organisers should have catered for these events.

The show on sat was ok, but for some strange reason even with the predicted weather forecast, they put most people on the grass which quickly turned into deep mud. I heard so many vendors complaining to the organisers, some changes were made for sun but no doubt you saw the resulting mess.

Weather can't be planned, but common sense dictates that you put measures in place to make campsites and shows useable in most weathers.

I know that I will be one of a huge number making complaints, with a large majority of regulars saying that as far as they were concerned they wouldn't bother next year.

Shame.

It was good to meet up with the people I met on Sunday. Sorry I didn't get to meet all of you.

Looks like I picked the best day to turn up! My forehead, nose & back of neck are glowing red with sunburn!!

I think I've ruined a pair shoes wading thro' the mud, especially around the catering area.

Seemed to be a good turn out on the stand, so definately make this a permenant fixture on our calenders. :thumbup:

I think I'm well up there with the sunburnt faces brigade too!!

I had to leave before the show and shine was judged so bit of a pity.

As for the layout - I fully agree that after Saturday's (Or even Friday's) downpour a good few of the stands and especially the food arena could have been moved to a hard standing.

Hi

Can I add my appreciation to Bryan for the fantastic strawberries :D

Wow they was great and the fantastic hospitality shown

I am sorry that I did not have more time to stay and meet you all , but hey I was like a school kid in a sweet shop , it was great!!

I loved every bit of it , except the weather

But it all came good in the end and my legs are red and well burnt with a capital B

Thank you again Bryan , you are a true gent

It was nice to see a bigger turnout on Sunday and I was pleased as punch for you Steve , I was clapping inside as I was rubbing my poorly feet ;) Nice one mate

Sarah

The official entry photos are online now, Looks like they've got the days mixed up though.

Hmmm, I wonder if thats why I can't find my car.

Update :- Woohoo Found my car now, thanks.

i was the lad with the black faby estate on the sunday, i really had a good time on the sunday and i will look foward to doing it again next year

Good to see you there. Car looked very smart indeed.

Just got back. Glad everyone enjoyed it. This HAS to become a fixture of the Brisky calendar and we SO need some flags/banners/etc up. It was a little embarrasing to have no real livery on display.

Got very tempted by

Yep each, i was really shocked!

A gazebo is good, i had one for my stand, you may have seen it, but don't got for a cheapish one, i found out on the saturday that mine isn't as waterproof as i had hoped for.