Skoda MFD3 Trinax - My thoughts **Warning Lots of Pictures**

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If anyone has buzzing problems with the factory CD changer or an aftermarket retrofit that uses the CD changer input (Dension iPod hookup as an example) I can confirm that the fix for the MFD2 retrofit works for the MFD3.

It's just a case of the ground pins moving on the newer connectors in favour of the additional aux socket. Simply move the cable at pin 2 to pin 3 instead and the buzzing will be gone.

References: Octavia-vRS.com - MFD2 Install Guide

• 2 weeks later...

I could get two of these this weekend if you guys let me now ASAP. The price will be approximately 1150GBP, they will come with GPS antenna and maps. Hopefully this isn't the last time this oppurtunity pops up.

PM me

I learnt something today.

If you are following a route using the Nav, so Maxidot is on Nav as well and listening to MP3 on HDD or Radio,

your buttons on the end of the right hand stalk will change tracks or stations.

There you go. I was fascinated for a whole 5 mins.:)

Guys help!!!

I have a question about Colombus.

I've just ordered a new OctyII 1.8TSI and I'n in great consern to include a columbus sat/nav in my order for approx 2300£ or by one from the "market" for 1,2-1.4k £.

Does anybody know if there is a reasonable difference between factory's price and market's one?

Using external antenas (instaslled in factory) has any difference in the quality of the received signal compared to teh internal ones?

To be honnest I found a brand new unit in Czech for approx. 900 £ including antena and post expences.

COnsidering that this might be a ..eeeerrrr.. not registered unit do have you any idea if this could be identified during any update in both sat/nav or car's software and have this unit banned??

I know I asked a lot at once..

Thanks in advance anyway!!!

You would be better to factory order it won't work out any more expensive, includes Maxidot and will be fully warranted with your car.

It isn't £2300 as an option it is about £1400 IIRC.

I have a few questions about factory fitted Columbus.

When I start my car Columbus also stars up. But instead of showing me the map view I get radio view (actually it shows what audio souce I have used last time, internal CD, radio...). I really would like to see the map view. Now I always have to push the map button. I think my firmware is 1004? Is this the same for everyone here?

My Columbus does not show the skoda dealers and I can't find any menu that could possibly change this setting. The map is Skoda's own V2.

The Skoda dealers are shown as POI's. There is a menu called Map Details where you can select POI's.

Have you been back to your dealer to ask for a V3 disk?

Yes I have been asking about V3 disc. Actually I have also phoned the importer (Finland) and asking about the newest disc. It seems that they don't know much about this unit. I wouldn't be surprised if my car is the first and the only one (at the moment) factory fitted Columbus that they have been importing. Thanks for the POI info.

How about the start up problem. So that I get the map view automatically and not the radio view. Can it be made like this?

Yes I have been asking about V3 disc. Actually I have also phoned the importer (Finland) and asking about the newest disc. It seems that they don't know much about this unit. I wouldn't be surprised if my car is the first and the only one (at the moment) factory fitted Columbus that they have been importing. Thanks for the POI info.

How about the start up problem. So that I get the map view automatically and not the radio view. Can it be made like this?

Why do you want to do this?

Rgs

Chris

Why do you want to do this?

Rgs

Chris

Why wouldn't I? Because it's navi and basically I always listen just one radio station so I don't need to change the station. And my previous car's (VW Golf mk. IV) original navi did show the map automatically. So I'm used this kind of operation.

Does everybody's navi (RNS-510) work like mine?

Why wouldn't I? Because it's navi and basically I always listen just one radio station so I don't need to change the station. And my previous car's (VW Golf mk. IV) original navi did show the map automatically. So I'm used this kind of operation.

Does everybody's navi (RNS-510) work like mine?

Just asking :rolleyes:....

The only reason is, if you have to type in the desination anyway, you have to push buttons...one more wouldn't really make a difference?

The same in the UK. I picked my new octy up on thurs with fitted satnav and it came with V2. the dealer said that they will keep an eye on the V3 situation and as soon as it becomes alavble, im hoping its only a matter of time, they will let us know. Its a bit slow getting through from the VW side.

Aulis. Did you have to buy the map disc from the dealer or did you get it included with the car when you bought it? I ordered new vRS in April and it is going to be equipped with Columbus. I´m thinking of negotiating the map disc from the dealer without extra charge from it.

-Lasse-

Aulis. Did you have to buy the map disc from the dealer or did you get it included with the car when you bought it? I ordered new vRS in April and it is going to be equipped with Columbus. I´m thinking of negotiating the map disc from the dealer without extra charge from it.

-Lasse-

In the papers it's market as 260 euros. But in practise I got it for free. And happy waiting for the new car ;). I waited for my vRS about 15 weeks...