Isle of Wight invasion - 2013 possibility (at end)

pixi

The time has come to pinpoint an actual day to take part in the annual Isle of wight invasion. This date is not set in stone but gives people the chance to plan ahead and get christmas out of the way. Also, it gives you the chance to opt out of taking your S/HWMBO away for Valentines and come here instead :D

I may include a treasure hunt this time as I have taken part in a couple lately but I guess you would all need sat nav in case you got lost and couldn't find your way back to the pub!

Ferry fares should be cheap if booked on line..... Isle of Wight Ferries, Isle of Wight Holidays - Red Funnel IoW or Official Wightlink Site for Isle of Wight Ferries ; Online Bookings I think they were around £30 last time.

Share your thoughts on the date and things you feel should be included, apart from the obligatory pub lunch :D

Peace brothers.

Update

1)? Meet at Mayflower park about 08.30 close to the ferry for those that want to.

2)09.20 ferry from Southampton to East Cowes, it takes one hour and there is a cafe doing hot food inc brekkie on board.

3)Arrive in E.Cowes and I will meet you in the car park opposite Alldays which is about a ten second drive off the ferry, you have to go past it. It's on the left as you approach the pedestrian crossing.

4)I will give you some uninteresting stuff inc a map with some satnav stuff on if you are too lazy to put it in before hand (map link is currentely at the bottom of page 7).

5)Make our way to the Steam railway car park in Havenstreet PO33 4DS for our first stop for photees if so wished by local dealer who is based about 30 seconds up the road.

6)Continue through some countryside and then head for the beach at Ryde where we can park up and get a coffee and take further pictures of cars whilst I take The Harold for a run on the beach. You are allowed to laugh at her stupidity when she chases birds if you so require. PO33 1ND

7)Then head for another beach stop location called The Duver where you may like to vacate your vehicles for a bit. PO33 1YB

8) TBC.........

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sod off with your obsession with alum bay Chris, it's pants - end of. Ok, lets get a list then......

Pix - Poss 2 for lunch at a fantastic pub again

Teflon Tom

Makefish (possibly)

Scoobychris (possibly)

1) Pix - Poss 2 for lunch at a fantastic pub again

2) Teflon Tom

3) Makefish (possibly)

4) Scoobychris + Lynn + Little Jess (possibly) so 2 for lunch

5) Cheezemonkhai - Poss 1 for lunch

6)mdk1 & ljk1 & girls 4 for lunch

2) Teflon Tom

3) Makefish (possibly)

6)mdk1 & ljk1 & girls 4 for lunch

7) Jason + 2 possibly. Food? pope a catholic?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would advise you to book at least twenty four hours in advance for Red Funnel. You can do it online for the cheapest prices, get your reservation number then take that into the ticket office on the day to get your tickets. You will need to keep hold of the res. number for your return journey booking time.

2) Teflon Tom

3) Makefish (possibly)

6) mdk1 & ljk1 & girls 4 for lunch

7) Jason + 2 possibly. Food? pope a catholic?

8) Gilly, Wibble + 2 HC's.

Pixi, any good places to stay over? Preferably B&B but I can caravan it if necessary. Cheers :)