Isle of Wight invasion - 2013 possibility (at end)

pixi

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year I stopped in a very reasonable B&B in Southampton on the fri and sat nights, can't remember the name now, but drop Mark (cheezemonkhai) a line it was just round the corner from him :D

You coming this time PP?

Don't you have relatives who can child sit for a weekend ;)

Definitely pre book at Red "we will shaft you for all we can" Funnel as the one time i just turned up as i had to drive over due to a person in tears it set me back well over £50 in the winter months.

Was not impressed to say the least.

If people want a B&B or hotels on the soton side of the water let me know what you are after and I'll find you a few places to call.

Pixi, any good places to stay over? Preferably B&B but I can caravan it if necessary. Cheers :)

If you would like to stay close to where people will be finishing the island meet it will be East Cowes, otherwise you would be having to drive to another town after everyone leaves for the ferry.

There aren't that many, but there is a nice restauraunt/edwardian house that does B&B on the main road to the ferry. I think it's called memories. I havn't stayed there but have had a look round when we went for dinner years ago.

I would suggest looking on trip advisor, if you find a place on there let me know and I will try my best to give you my point of view of the area etc.

1) Pix - Poss 2 for lunch at a fantastic pub again

2) Teflon Tom

3) Makefish (possibly)

4) Scoobychris + Lynn + Little Jess (possibly) so 2 for lunch

5) Cheezemonkhai - Poss 1 for lunch

6) mdk1 & ljk1 & girls 4 for lunch

7) Jason + 2 possibly. Food? pope a catholic?

8) Gilly, Wibble + 2 HC's.

9) sms+minitext possible.

1) Pix - Poss 2 for lunch at a fantastic pub again

2) Teflon Tom

3) Makefish (possibly)

4) Scoobychris + Lynn + Little Jess (possibly) so 2 for lunch

5) Cheezemonkhai - Poss 1 for lunch

6) mdk1 & ljk1 & girls 4 for lunch

7) Jason + 2 possibly. Food? pope a catholic?

8) Gilly, Wibble + 2 HC's.

9) sms+minitext possible.

Maybe

Tigger +1

Well, I get out of bed late whereas everyone else has hundreds of miles to travel first, which is nice. I meet everyone off the ferry and then I lead a merry dance around the island stopping at some places for general mischief making. Then we go for a nice pub lunch for more mischief making, finishing off at the chair lift which I hate because it's tacky and freezing cold but the sun should be setting then so some people like to take photos of that.

Then I drive back to the ferry and wave everyone off and go straight back to my warm cosy house whilst everyone drives back hundreds of miles again.

Bonus :thumbup:

well in that case you can drive a hundred miles to the next oxon meet, have a few drinks, something to eat and drive all the way back again :rofl: oh and we will even wave goodbye to you too!!! :thumbsup:

Well I normally have to do that for WSM but have the added advantage of staying in Bristol for a few days at the same time. Oooh shopping? me? :D

I hope the weather is going to be better than this on the day. If not, I hope you lot like bouncy ferries :thumbup:

Gilly.....

Just had a look on tripadvisor.com and the Premier travel inn that is newly built came up with good reviews. I've checked out the prices and it will be £50.00 for the night. Breakfast can be taken next door at the Brewers Fayre for a reasonable price and the pub is also newly built and ok for a bite to eat or a pint. In fact, if you did stay here we could make the pub the final drink place before everyone goes home. It's pretty big and could accomodate all of us (unlike the Folly last year)

The hotel is off the main road that everyone would have to use to get back to the ferry (about 10 mins drive). It's a couple of minutes walk into Newport town if you felt like going on somewhere when everyone had left.

Hi, If you read through the thread you will see my answer to someone else who asked this. There are also previous meets over here that are on the forum including photos etc. Try doing a search in the south west region (as we didn't have a south central until recentely) and you should find the previous two meets. :thumbup:

Well, I get out of bed late whereas everyone else has hundreds of miles to travel first, which is nice. I meet everyone off the ferry and then I lead a merry dance around the island stopping at some places for general mischief making. Then we go for a nice pub lunch for more mischief making, finishing off at the chair lift which I hate because it's tacky and freezing cold but the sun should be setting then so some people like to take photos of that.

Then I drive back to the ferry and wave everyone off and go straight back to my warm cosy house whilst everyone drives back hundreds of miles again.

Bonus :thumbup:

Lol speak for everyone else, I've got a 5 minute drive or 20 minute walk at the other end :P:rofl:

The mischief bit is true though ;):D