Isle of Wight invasion - 2013 possibility (at end)

pixi

Guest Fabia 12v

Ooo well i was at the 1st one but missed this years one... will see wat i can do to get to this one, luv a good drive. Someone remind me closer to the time!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the pub at the end where we had drinks was pretty rude so I'd give them a miss otherwise any old pubs suit me :)

Don't worry Mark it's not there. The clue was in the word 'lunch' ;)

It was the White Horse in Whitwell. I've been back since and the food is still top class for a pub :thumbup: If Gilly stays at the Travel inn I think the Brewers Fayre that's next to it will be good for a last drink befor heading home.

dont imangine, lets do it ;)

Careful some of them have webbed feet , so you don't know what they might do to you ;)

(Although admittedly that's mainly Ventnor)

It was the White Horse in Whitwell. I've been back since and the food is still top class for a pub :thumbup: If Gilly stays at the Travel inn I think the Brewers Fayre that's next to it will be good for a last drink befor heading home.

That would explain why I drove past the place a few weeks back and thought I'd been in there :rofl: Oh well :)

Careful some of them have webbed feet , so you don't know what they might do to you ;)

(Although admittedly that's mainly Ventnor)

It's true, I've seen it with my own eyes. Scary :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

I've just checked the timetable for the 16th feb, it states ferries leave Soton at 08.00 and 09.20 (the next would be 11.00) so it looks like they would still be running on winter timetable with only 2 boats.

There is an offer on the home page for day trip car and 3 passengers £29.50 but the dates only let you book until January. Leave it a couple of weeks and try again, you will get a deal because it's the dead of winter.

• 2 weeks later...

1) Pix - Poss 2 for lunch at a fantastic pub again

2) Teflon Tom

3) Makefish (possibly)

4) Scoobychris + Lynn + Little Jess (possibly) so 2 for lunch

5) Cheezemonkhai - Poss 1 for lunch

6) mdk1 & ljk1 & girls 4 for lunch

7) Jason + 2 possibly. Food? pope a catholic?

8) Gilly, Wibble + 2 HC's.

9) sms+minitext possible.

10) Tigger +1 maybe

11) monkey023

Lets update the list then......

Lets bring this along a little bit shall we? :D

08.00 or 09.20 ferry? (It takes an hour)

Pub lunch at 13.00 ish? I will book it by the end of January

Copy and paste your names to the list above stating if you want lunch and how many people.

Does anyone have anything special they would like to do, or go?

Not long now people :thumbup:

What with C&F on the 26th of this month, the RR Day on the 2nd of Feb and the likelyhood of a karting event sometime late Feb/Early March I'm affraid SWMBO is putting her foot down (and rightly so!) so something has got to give and I'm affraid it's going to have to be this :o. Hope you guys/gals have a good one though :thumbup:

1) Pix - Poss 2 for lunch at a fantastic pub again

2) Teflon Tom

3) Scoobychris + Lynn + Little Jess (possibly) so 2 for lunch

4) Cheezemonkhai - Poss 1 for lunch

5) mdk1 & ljk1 & girls 4 for lunch

6) Jason + 2 possibly. Food? pope a catholic?

7) Gilly, Wibble + 2 HC's.

8) sms+minitext possible.

9) Tigger +1 maybe

10) monkey023

Steve, Stamp your feet harder and insist SWMBO comes along as well :D

Pixi the 9.20 ferry would be better for us as it is a 2.5hr drive to get to Southampton :rolleyes: But would be happy to go along with everyone else :thumbup:

Anyone booked yet?

Hi folks....I'm hoping to get to this with work permitting. I may be fixed up as I start my new job in a weeks time so may not have the option to be flexible.

Second problem is I no longer own a Skoda as my Superb was wasted on the Island so I now have a Zetec S dustbin just for work.

I will have to confirm but it was a great meet last year, though I had to leave early as the meet was on due date for our 2nd baby!!!...who will be 1 on the 18th.

Nice dog Corinne, Mum has told me all about him....she's a sucker for labs!!!

Paul

Thanks Paul, and it's a she!! :D I may bring her along or get Phil to bring her along and meet us or something or other.

I hope the weather isn't going to be like today :thumbdwn: