2008 road trip

expostmanpat

If you want to speed up the trip you can get a little box to fix on your car for France which means you can go through the priority lanes at the toll booths, it simply registers you have passed through electronically. For those who have been before its the Orange lane with a "t".

You rent the box before you go, costs 30 Euros (refundable when you send it back) you are then charged a monthly rental which I think is 2 Euros(about £1.30) plus any tolls you incur, this will be charged to your credit card. If you dont intend going back then get it a couple of weeks before you go & return it when you get back. If you are driving on your own its almost a must have as all the toll booths are also on the wrong side for UK cars. If you slow down to about 10 mph you can go through without stopping, if the motorway is busy it will save alll that queuing & fumbling for cash or credit cards.

You can get it here, if you dont speak french its apparently not that complicated.

Sanef - Les formules d'abonnement tlpage pour particuliers et entreprises

If you touch Switzerland & need the motorways you also need a screen sticker but if only passing throughyou can take a chance, you need to be caught twice & fined to pay more than the cost of the sticker, unlikely in a couple of days

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah rich mans car race i dont see any multi millionaires on here, if so they be tuning bugattis and cars like that. well my 2penceworth.

I know of 3 Octavia's that do the Furball runs and at least two of them I know are members here I also know that there are a further two members of the club that are members here with Octavia's so I think it's fair to say there are one or two Skuds mixed in with all that exotic machinary.

If you get really desperate to kill a credit card then I am sure Cannes will have plenty of retail oppurtunities on the Saturday afternoon/ evening :)

Take care around Cannes, Its Pick pocket/muggers heaven.

Another tip (you will get fed up with these) Take a photocopy of your passport & credit cards etc & keep somewhere apart from the real documents. If you are mugged it makes it very easy to know what to cancel credit card wise & also getting a temp passport is easy from the local Brit Authorities. Our friend had her bag snatched from her car in traffic in Cannes & this pre planning saved her hours when getting a temp passport.

Sounds like we should have at least 6 cars along then :D

One point due to the logistics of booking eight hotels for a number of people I don't want to leave it too late so will be looking at no later than end of January, will also be looking to collect any deposits etc required by hotels at this point, so start saving folks :thumbup:

Sounds like we should have at least 6 cars along then :D

One point due to the logistics of booking eight hotels for a number of people I don't want to leave it too late so will be looking at no later than end of January, will also be looking to collect any deposits etc required by hotels at this point, so start saving folks :thumbup:

Any idea of rough price yet?

Edit :- Just saw the first post. :o

Thing is... I don't fancy driving that in a Picanto... Will anyone give me a lift???

Pleeeeeaaaaaaasssssseeeeee (I promise - one SMALL suitcase only LOL)

You'll be welcome to share with me. As long as you navigate, like you did coming off the ferry.

I hope there's no hint of sarcasm there. I did get us to where we were supposed to be...

No, no sarcasm. I had absolutely no idea where to go, I would have probably ended up back on the ferry to England. :o

Thing is... I don't fancy driving that in a Picanto... Will anyone give me a lift???

Pleeeeeaaaaaaasssssseeeeee (I promise - one SMALL suitcase only LOL)

*wonders if she has photo of the mess hayley made of the hotel room with all her stuff.......how many pairs of shoes was it again?*

*wonders if she has photo of the mess hayley made of the hotel room with all her stuff.......how many pairs of shoes was it again?*

What shoes :confuse: :nervous:

OK list as I read it now stands at:

1) Postmanpat + mrspp

2) Makefish

3) Kaiserb +1

4) Cheezemonkhai

5) VRSLen

6) Shifty + Loz

7) Ric04vrs

8) Simonsheil + 1

9) APD007 + Miss Kia

Looks like you're stuck with me then Alan LOL

1) Postmanpat + mrspp

2) Makefish

3) Kaiserb +1

4) Cheezemonkhai

5) VRSLen

6) Shifty + Loz :confused: I dont remember putting my name down quite like that...

7) Ric04vrs

8) Simonsheil + 1

9) APD007 + Miss Kia