Today at Bruntingthorpe

roo

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for a fantastic day,it was excellent.

thank you to all the organizers for your time and effort.

great to see so many people there,to everyone i spoke to great to meet you,hopefully see you all soon.

Rooboy - thanks for the VAG COM on my car,all works great,see you Tuesday ACE cafe.

Mornin all - how tired was I last night? VERY!

Big thanks to Des for organising an absolutely fantastic day.

Great to meet loads of people. I too got 'lobstered' - but looking at Nicks pic above I'm really only in the amateur league :rofl:

Defo a great day..... thanks again to all involved....

Sorry to anyone who wanted laps in either car but didnt get them... the porkers brakes are very tired.... esp after my handling circuit antics.... and the octy's done a cv... we could prob have run the last session but figured it wasnt worth the hassle of trailering it home if it did go... but it drove home fine with Mr Cooke :amb: at the wheel.... :revs: ;)

need to find more supras to play with..... :jedi:

I hope all who came and saw the goings on had a great time and realise that us track day regulars are not out their to kill anything apart from the odd rabbit (sorry... it was me :ne_nau: ) and some substandard vag parts... next time i change my CV will go for a new one not a factory refurb.....:mad:

Big thanks from me, to all organisers Des, Colin, Easytrack and everyone that turned up to make the day a success.

Great fun on track, not so great fun getting lost when popping out for some petrol and geeting back as people were already leaving:( (must look into sat nav)

Cheers to all and thanks for a great day:D

Phil.

Looks like we are very civilised according to the organisers....nicest bunch that they have met.!! WELL...NO SURPRISE REALLY!

Q - Smiley Stickers look mega BTW - Cheers M8

Well, u lot have got me already revved up for a Midlands meet. All I need to do is to get dates that I can read properly and some suntan lotion and then see whosa comin!!

Big thanks from me' date=' to all organisers Des, Colin, Easytrack and everyone that turned up to make the day a success.

Great fun on track, not so great fun getting lost when popping out for some petrol and geeting back as people were already leaving:( (must look into sat nav)

Cheers to all and thanks for a great day:D

Phil.[/quote']

You don't drive a Fabia, do you? Clicky

Again, I must echo the words of others.....

What a fantastic day, I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and thankyou to all who are responsible for the organisation, you did a superb job, andcreated a wonderfully relaxed atmosphere!

It was a great oportunity to do a little R&D and pick a few minds for their thoughts.

Didn't realise Paul was such a skilled automotive balerina!!! :rofl:

Can I add my voice to the many and say many, many thanks for a fantastic day. Even as a spectator, I had a great day, meeting lots and lots of friendly people, and saw more steaming engines and amazing components than in a whole lifetime! Thank you to you all as well for making a newbie and non-driving participant feel so welcome, plus what a great location and fantastic weather. I too have lobstered arms, neck and face despite wearing a hat and sunglasses although hearing the news of Jenson's pole on the radio on the way home certainly helped me ignore the warm glow from my forearms!

All the best, Chaos

Pics:

http://groups.msn.com/CaptainChaosPhotoAlbum/_whatsnew.msnw

Yesterday was Brilliant thanxs to everyone that made it possible to make it happen. i Even gota nice tan out of it. So what do you all recon to James Vrs then, he wastyed everything in that group A. And a Well done to me main Man Jeff For doing Stupid speeds were ever he went. Hopefully the next one will be better, i Heard thats there's one goign of at donnington park. That will be Fun. Did Jabba put anything in with Group A?

is that really an SDI or Something else coz that shifted for a SDi if it was!!!!!!!
:rofl:

:D

Jon chalks up another satisfied fare :hilarius:

reminds me of the lad with the 200sx talking to ColinD at the end of the day after being unexpectadly spanked by his Octy.. "is this really a 1.4" :rofl:

Yesterday was a brilliant day - reminded me of how good it was to be out on track again... although I'm still wondering how I was put with all the mega-cars in group A... soon changed that to a B when I saw what I would be up against!!

Lapping the diesels put a nice smile on my face, as did overtaking the Octy vRS's - what mods were you running?? I still have standard filter, zorst & ecu!! makes me think "how fast would I be with a chip?"!! Funniest though was when I was keeping with the yellow VX220 through the corners... bet that surprised him a bit!!

Out on track was a great way to push my car to its limits, and beyone, and see just how easy it is to catch it when getting some tail-out action!! Just a shame my 1 week old Mintex pads decided to melt, and I'd left my spare set of 3/4 worn Brembo's at home... hence no afternoon driving for me :(

Tyre wear didn't seem too bad to me either - ok, I took some chunks out of the tyres, and the wear is noticible, both in terms of missing grooves, and that "melted look" of over-heated rubber, but for those that didn't see how hard I was taking the corners, the attached pic should be a clue... unfortunately every time I had the tail out (for the cameras, you understand ;)), the photographer missed me :(

All in all, a fantastic day!! All I need to do now is...

Get new brake pads... (NOT Mintex again!! :thumbdwn: )

Get new brake disks / old ones re-faced (if possible)

Get 4 new tyres

Get a new windscreen following a stone chip in session 1 :D

Not too bad then really??? Now to check my lottery numbers...

1377.attach

Ahhh...the VX220's :D

I was under the impression those things handled rather well, but i was holding my own through almost all the corners against them, and i also went past the Exige on the back straight, just before the cone chicane :D

I was just about to show Jason how its done when major tyre over-heating forced me back to the pits to cool down (both me and the car :D )

Best part of the day was without doubt the final 20 minutes of the Open session in the afternoon. I got 7 or 8 laps in a row and figured out that taking it easy thru the chicane on the back straight would make my tyres last a bit longer, the car felt like it was flying too :drive:

Oh, i forgot to mention the loose front wheels incident earlier in the day (session 2 IIRC). Felt like something major had gone at the front, so i pulled into the pits to find both fronts had come loose :eek: . Lesson for next time, check wheelbolts after each run :agree:

So...for the future.

Has to be the KW's..

Then an exhaust...

Then back to Jabba maybe ? :rubchin:

It's getting more slippery on that slope :D

Just got back to Colchester - stayed over locally last night so thankfully had shower facilities close at hand to cool my burning head (which is why we left fairly sharpish without going to the meet at the pub!)

As everyone else has said, was a great day - superbly organised, good turnout and amazing weather (are any of us not looking like lobsters today?). Was fun going out on track too, even if the old 1.4 had trouble keeping up in places... :)

Its all been said already....

was a amazing day.. lovely wether.. (bit too sunny if you ask me) :mad::rofl:

Loooooottsssss of skodas.. lots of track action... like the answer to the question' date=' "how much faster is a 600bhp supra in a straight line than ffelans uber-octy?" :rofl:

learned alot about my cars handling... no matter what i tried i couldnt get it sideways enough.

BIG THANKS to Des for organising it, the easytrack crew for running a fun, well organised and effecient day. and most of all thanks to everyone who turned up to support briskoda...

IM PROUD TO BE A SKODA OWNER AND PROUD TO BE A BRISKODIAN :thumbup:

Ditto ALL the above, fabulous day, fabulous cars, fabulous people, fabulous weather.

Des your a star of the highest quality! :handshke:

Thanks to the boys at REVO for the new diverter valve and the remap. They made me part with my credit card like a lamb.

The result......... :wow:

On the second run round the track the acceleration against STD Octy Vrs's was obvious. I couldn't help noticing 4.9 mpg from the trip computer on the back straight though!! Also, through the revs in second at @ 3500 the front tyres sqeal as the power delivery almost doesn't quite get put on the road. I had discussed the setup for accleration rather than top speed and they did it!

:jawbig:

Not going to fuel the who's best debate. I've nothing to compare them too.

:rant:

Again, thanks to all for a truly great day.

:bigcrowd:

Just a quick one to echo what has been said previously. Thanks to all for the effort in organising the event.

I would also like to apologise for not putting a few more names to faces. A whinging Mrs Jimmy and overheating kids meant our stay was short lived. Note for next time is to leave them at home....