Today at Bruntingthorpe

roo

Well I have to say a massive thank you to the Briskoda team & Des in Particular for arganising the event & giving us all a fantastic day out. Thanks to Quentin for setting up his market stall to flog stickers, 'T' Shirts etc & no one yet has thanked Dennis for tirelesly walking round flogging Raffle tickets to notoriously 'tight' Skoda owners.

To the non Briskoda people who turned up & helped to fund the event & who all drove well thanks.

To the person who booked the weather please let me know who you are so I can get some help with my next Barbeque.

So Des, where next ???

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to add my thanks to.....

Paul (ffelan) - for a) allowing me to use the porsche all day, and B) for then scaring me as a passenger in the porsche at the end of the day! (fun tho :D)

Des - for making it all possible, and not screaming too much when we had some interesting moments up at the chicane :D

Rob (skodaspannerman) for not screaming either, especially when we decided the grass near the chicane needed a quick cut ;)

Panrix - thanks for the passenger laps - the balance of a "standard" octavia never fails to surprise me - now keep off those drains! :D

Top day - great weather and great company! :thumbup:

I'll add my thanks for a very enjoyable day...

Aside from continual brake fluid boiling during the day which I drove around in the end (don't use the brakes! simple cure, they only slow you down after all - LOL)

ickle Ibiza went well. :D doing what it usually does...

Playing chicken with myself into the 1st left after the pit exit during the day, trying to convince myself it was flat..... but not.. 130mph was near flat but I did have to ease of the throttle or dab the (dissapearing) brake pedal on entry... Great fun tho.

Thanks chaps.

:thumbup:

regards

bill

I just wanted to add my thanks to all involved.

Mrs Spinndrift enjoyed herself apart from being freaked out by the lack of rear view mirror. Twenty minutes with Jon (thank you) as instructor cured 99% of her fears and by the end of the day she was out on her own and the tyres have visable wear.

Roll on the next one when I will be driving too.

Where are all the lady driver (apart from Jane)?

Just wanted to add my thanks to all the organisers and attendees, who all helped make for a truly memorable day out.

That was the most fun I've had for a LONG time :D

Thank You to everyone. :thumbup:

If I'm quiet today, I'll try and get my piccies up onto my website.

"I was surprised to find most cars were turning into the corners at similar speeds as I was (black VXT)' date=' and there was one silver Octavia that was on 3 wheels through one bend!"

------------------------------------

you don't happen to remember if the Octy was 2 up with number plate taped up?

where you in group B?[/quote']

Yes, I was in group B... It was definitely 2 up, but not sure about the number plate - there were a few silver ones in our group. The rear inside wheel was lifting on the fast right hander before the straight into the chicane... It looked like a bit too much speed into the corner, followed by a lift resulting in Reliant Robin antics!

In response to MonkeyHangar, the VXs do handle well. Incredibly well! Remember that this doesn't mean they have more grip than anything else :rolleyes: , they give a lot more feedback to the driver on what the car is doing. A lot of VX drivers will quite happily admit that a lot of cars can go round bends faster than the VX. There are very few that give the level of enjoyment though when you get it right! Outright grip is never going to be the VXs forte, they only have 175 section front tyres... :eek: :)

Really want add my thanks to everytone who had anything to do with the organisation of Saturday, really enjoyed :thumbup: it & taking my car on the track & totally killing a set of P6000's was great fun :D

It was great to meet some of you & another thanks to Colin for the passenger laps & APR demo :D

Cant wait for the next one

I'd like to thank all involved too - I had a top day out, and I can't wait til the next one, when i might bite the bullet and take my car on the track!

Rooboy - Ta for the VAG-COM stuff, top lad! ;)

Jimmy - good to put a name to a North East Face. I guess its only time before we have a 'local' meet for 'local' people eh!

RallyMarshall - Cheers for the chuckle on the M1. now get that car washed. Enjoy your holiday!

Cheers again - top day!

Gilly :thumbup:

Great day everyone.

We were most honoured to join you on the track.

I must pass on our thanks for the kind invite.

I was rather cautious with Whitelightning, (as I have to go to work in her) so wasnt looking to show off :)

I did feel her coming out a bit on the corners - she isnt really geared up for sub 100mph work. However Spikes "Road Shark" (Black Supra" was quicker on this circuit, I had a spin in his car later in the day.

Unfortunally WL had no nitrious due to a electrical wiring issue and only managed to get into 5th 6100 rpm by the chequered flag on the top end check lol ! But 178mph (GPS) 185mph (Clock) was nice. Thanks for setting up this impromptu run !

Respect to all you nutters who over took me on the track, not sure how I got into the A group but you were all very kind not to nudge me off :) (Despite my 360 spin lol)

I've added some links below for you motoring enthusiasts . . .

Our review: (Available now)

http://www.wlnet.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=73

Our Piccies: (Available from 27 Apr 04)

http://www.wlnet.co.uk/Pages/Gallery_Events.htm

Our Videos: (Available from 27 Apr 04)

http://www.wlnet.co.uk/Pages/Videos.htm

I have slapped a Briskoda.net sticker on the car now, just need a Skoda badge to keep those onlookers guessing :)

Yep - Supras were good to watch and looked quite lairy on track! Also easy to spot you ..... was me in the Yellow Octy RS that waved at you when you came into Watford Gap services on the way home on Sunday - must be worrying for you now that Skoda drivers wave at you :rofl: :cheers:

I've got some video of whitelightning coming down the runway at lunchtime, I'll post the clip later. All I can say is everything else seemed slow by comparison.

An extract from your site

indeed in the top speed run organised at lunchtime she managed 178mph on the GPS (which was 185mph on the clock).

Greetings to KentStu, who we did indeed see at the Watford gap services on Sunday :) Yes next time, now I have the confidence, a few more people can have a bash in the Supra, I wanna drive Ffrelan's baby too :)

Who was that nutter in the yellow Favia (I think) or was it the Seat Cupra - he was embarassing Spike in his Black Supra ! (Ahem and me lol !)

Who was in the black RS (group A) that dived onto the infield (concrete) at the sight of a yellow flag just before the chicane? I was behind you and expected to see a car spun in front of you so dived in also - only to see an empty track? :rofl:

Intrigued.... :D

Who was that nutter in the yellow Favia (I think) or was it the Seat Cupra - he was embarassing Spike in his Black Supra ! (Ahem and me lol !)

Yellow Ibiza with a very loud zorst by any chance? That'll be Badger Bill :rofl:

• Administrators
Who was in the black RS (group A) that dived onto the infield (concrete) at the sight of a yellow flag just before the chicane? I was behind you and expected to see a car spun in front of you so dived in also - only to see an empty track? :rofl:

Intrigued.... :D

Not me but I did the same route on the first lap, only got one sighting lap and I was doing about 2mph there for some reason, so never really sussed it. Then on my own sighting lap, don't know saw cones ahead and a turn board (okay I kind of missed the distance boards)...just turned next to marshall, I know I was not alone...other than that course layout was fine and of course the rest of the laps I did not aim for the marshall :D