Launch Photos of New Superb...

rsbspt

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The old Superb was on a stretched version of the old Passat, and hence excelled in passenger cabin space. (and built like a tank)

The new one is shorter.

I do not believe a larger model car can be made successfully from a smaller class of car. Octavia is about as big as you can go on the Golf chassis.

Stretch it too far and compromises will show, eg suspension weaknesses.

As you see form the side I had to lose my Superb for a Mazda 5 :(. Good car, but hopelessly compromised by the Focus platform (and that is a great car)

Suffering from excessive tyre wear due to compromised geometry on a heavy car, the heating & ventilation are totally inadequate due to larger interior, and even the wiper motor struggles.

I so want a Superb again, But after being so disappointed with the new model Passat, it doesn't bode well.

Just love the way it looks though. Like a Skoda should.

It looks like your a bit confused. As you are right that simply placing a larger hat on the same sized frame could compromise dynamics... That isn't what they've done in the case of the Superb II. The Octavia II is that kind of larger hat theory on the PQ35 Golf... As is the Superb II on the PQ46 Passat...

It looks like your a bit confused. As you are right that simply placing a larger hat on the same sized frame could compromise dynamics... That isn't what they've done in the case of the Superb II. The Octavia II is that kind of larger hat theory on the PQ35 Golf... As is the Superb II on the PQ46 Passat...

Agreed. But my point is the PQ46 is just a stretched PQ35. I belive too many compromises when stretched too far.

Anyway, looks great (apart from the rear wheels looking too far forward)

and I now have to stay at my current job to ensure I can have one of these in about a year.

I just have a sneaking suspicion an equivalent to my old 130TDI comfort will be nearer £20k than the existing price which might scupper my plans...

a few pics of new superb ,including combi

look at the picture that dougie vrs has put up. i mean the one that isnt the estate

anyone else thinking thats a very familar looking bumper??

cough VRS cough ;)

its certainly different to all the other pictures ive seen

Looks ace inside and out!

Top engine confirmed: 3.6 V6 FSI 4motion, 191KW, 350NM, 0-100KMH 6.5s, top speed 250KMH (155MPH)

More here: Škoda Superb: první foto interiéru a podrobná technická data | AUTO.CZ

1,4 TSI 92kW 203 km/h

1,8 TSI 118kW 221 km/h [217 km/h]

3,6 FSI 191kW [254 km/h]

1,9 TDI PD 77kW 189 km/h

2,0 TDI PD 103kW 210 km/h

2,0 TDI CR 125kW 224 km/h [221 km/h]

[A/T]

;):P:D

4x4 version available for 1.8TSI, 2.0TDI-CR 125kW & 3.6FSI

7q DSG for 1.8 TSi. :P:D;)

heres a press release:) ŠKODA SUPERB – MORE THAN NEW DESIGN

The successor to Škoda Auto's existing flagship that is about to receive a premiere at the upcoming Geneva Motor Show offers new design elements, smart technological solutions and new engines.

Ranging from 77 to 191 kW, three petrol and three diesel engines will be available for the new Škoda Superb. Besides manual transmissions, the portfolio will include automatic DSG transmissions and the fourth generation of the Haldex four-wheel drive system.

All petrol engines are equipped with a direct injection system to reduce fuel consumption and improve the engines' environmental parameters. The petrol engine portfolio includes the all-new four-cylinder 1.4 TSI (92 kW), the 1.8 TSI (118 kW) and the brand new 3.6 FSI V6 (191 kW). The most powerful version of the Superb will only be available with an automatic DSG transmission and a four-wheel drive system and will appear in the market shortly after the official launch of the new model.

The diesel engine portfolio includes 1.9 TDI PD DPF (77 kW), 2.0 TDI PD DPF (103 kW) and the all-new 2.0 TDI CR DPF (125 kW) with common rail injection.

Another major innovation is TWINDOOR, a unique tailgate opening system developed and patented by Škoda engineers. This smart and useful solution makes it possible to open either just the boot lid and put small pieces of luggage inside the vehicle or lift the whole tailgate including the rear window, which makes the use of the boot significantly more flexible and comfortable. The sophisticated and well accessible boot offers 565 litres of load space in the basic arrangement, by 85 litres more as compared to the existing model.

On top of the above, the new Superb is going to offer a whole lot of other innovations and design solutions, e.g., AFS (Adaptive Frontlight System) that makes use of the possibility of changing the geometry of the headlamp beam and adapting the lighting in front of the vehicle to suit different driving conditions, thus enabling the driver to identify obstacles and react to them in time even more flexibly than today. Another example of innovation is the all-new high-tech navigation system with a touch screen and a hard disk.

The new Škoda Superb has been developed in Škoda Auto's Technological Development Department in Mladá Boleslav, the third largest development centre in VW. Just like the brand alone, the Škoda development centre is growing dynamically. Its current extension that is part of the project of building the new Škoda Auto Technology Centre is backed by a EUR 38 million investment. Škoda Auto uses state-of-the-art technology for its vehicle development operations, including a virtual reality centre that makes it possible to significantly reduce and optimise the development process, particularly in the stages of designing the vehicle's exterior and interior, ergonomics as well as integration of various equipment levels.

For further information, please contact:

Evžen Krauskopf, Corporate Communications

Tel.: +420 326 8117 84; [email protected]

heres a press release:) ŠKODA SUPERB – MORE THAN NEW DESIGN

The diesel engine portfolio includes 1.9 TDI PD DPF (77 kW), 2.0 TDI PD DPF (103 kW) and the all-new 2.0 TDI CR DPF (125 kW) with common rail injection.

I'm hoping that the "includes" means just that and there will also be a 2.7TDI - I'd be surprised if they did a 3.0TDI.

Not for me, it'll probably be a good car as the Octavia seems to be, but it's way too old man styled for my taste, I like the inside, and the front is also quite nice, but it's slabby at the side and an afterthought rear, practical rather than pretty.

They probably will for countries that don't have a Labour party taxing everything above a 1.2 shopping trolley,traffic jam,accident causer.

If fossil fuel engines are so bad, why don't they switch to another fuel, cos it's tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax efficient for them, just shows how much they really think of the enviroment, three words, male-cow-excrement.

I also understand that the rear will open as a saloon boot, or you can have the whole rear open like a hatch. Apparently it's been patented by Skoda for it.

Interesting.....

Ben

I'm sure this has been done before on another car - can't remember which one though. Suppose they will be able to patent it as it'll be a different design / mechanism.

Also hoping for 2.7tdi, it was mentioned in an early press release. You'd of thought they'd do a 3.0tdi quattro as they are already doing the 3.6 petrol!

Definately needs a big diesel. They hardly sold any 2.8V6's (going by the lack of them for sale now second hand), though there are plenty of 2.5V6 TDI's. If they are serious about going upmarket, then a 2.7 and a 3.0TDI are needed - as Ben said - why do a 3.6 FSI, but not a 3.0TDI? I'd love a 3.6FSI, but doubt I could afford the fuel (not that I could afford to buy a 3.0TDI! - bet that'd be knocking on £30k if not more).

The reason they won't do the 3.0tdi and will only do the 2.7tdi is because the skoda will always lag behind the other companies in the VAG group so that it is not as good. This I feel as always been evident in Skodas, in that they could make as good as VW Audi for the same money but purposefully make it slightly worse...