If you never bought your skoda what would you have bought?

Skodaboy1983

Well the Octy VRS was my first choice, a younger lower spec bluey one. But was just out of range. Was also interested in a volvo t5, or maybe a touran. But the dealer rang back with 'barricade' on offer and I was hooked ;)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A mate at work has just traded his V plate Peugot 407 estate with 135k on it for an 02 Audi A6 with 137k on it but obviously several years younger. He said the Peugot was rattling like ***k but the Audi is like new even with higher mileage. So, if I had the cash, it would have been an "older" Audi, as I think they're better quality than the ones being built/sold now.

Mazda 6, but the salesman was too pushy, and dumped the APR way up between placing a draft order (factory and long wait then for my colour) and me turning up with a deposit 2 hours later.

It was someone that had one as a co car told me to try one (mk1), and now on my 2nd Octavia Elegance. Roll on the mk3.

Probably a MINI Cooper or a Honda Civic Type R although insurance was crazy for me for that car. My local dealer had a finance offer I could not refuse and the car sold itself on the test drive. I couldn't believe the shove even after coming out of a drive in a Type R which was pretty dead below 5k (but more than makes up for it afterwards)

When I was after a replacement for my last car I wanted something I could have a bit of fun with. My options were either Lotus Elise, Mitsubishi FTO or at the other end of the scale, Land Rover Defender 90, or I could just go for something sensible. I went for a nosey round a local garage, saw an Audi A3 I quite liked the look of but it was worth more than I wanted to spend. The dealer asked me if I'd considered a Fabia vRS, which I hadn't. I went home and had a think, and decided it sounded quite interesting. So that's what I ended up with :)

I still wouldn't mind a Lotus though :)

I changed as i was bored of Subarus, along with a change of job which meant racking up a lot of miles.

So i flogged the Impreza for my first Mk1 Octy vRS after going out in a mates, the difference in quality and comfort swung it for me, plus cheaper running costs.

I had a Toledo Mk2 TDI 110 and loved that a lot; when it came to changing it I looked at the Superb, Exao, Octavia and an Accord Tourer.

I came pretty close to buying the Honda, it was the first Jap car I really liked but ended up buying my Octy and have been very pleased with it.

Massively dissapointed with the Exao, absolutely no rear leg room and front felt squished.

The missus would have probably got a mk1 Yaris if it wasn't for the vRS and she will probably replace it with a mk2 Sport in the goldy/orange colour and white roof :) Waiting for the 1.2T 100BHP or 1.6CR

A Fiesta 1.4 TDCI or a BRG (British Racing Green) MINI Cooper.

I test drove the Bini and although it looked better (better than the furby), it was cramped inside (a tardis in reverse) and relatively slow, although I had just tested the Furby vRS.

I was offered from a mate in my Motor Club a Mk 2 Mazda MX-5. A year earlier I saw a Pug 106 1600 Rallye at a local garage where I get my MOT from and was very temped at both of them.

Looking back, I am glad I bought my Fabia vRS. :D I think the Bini and MX-5 would have been nice for a year or two, but the novelty of them would soon ware off them.

I had just left a garage and was seriously considering a Citroen C3 VTR

On my way home the road had been closed due to a push bike race and i happend to be outside a skoda dealers,i hadnt even considerd looking at a skoda but due to being outside the dealers i got out and had a look around the showroom

Thats when i saw the fabia vrs

So i bought that instead

Honda Civic Type R or Mazda RX8 - Common sense prevaled though in the end and I am more than happy with my Octy VRS, even though my mates call it the 'Grandad Car' as we're all around 25! It's an ace car though and easily keeps up with there Clio 182, Civic Type R and Audi S3 (Mk one 4x4!) and it cost no where near as much and still has street cred....! MG ZT or ZT-T was also an option, would love to have an RS4 estate now though!! Cool thread, nice to see what others were thinking pre-Skoda purchase!!