Meet the Briskoda Scottish Members.

Skodaboy1983

I was just talking about this very thing with SWMBO the other day John, not considered it as a full national rather a Scottish regional however the principles are the same.

Venues we discussed were:

The royal Highland Showground at Ingliston, Home This has the benefit of being close to the motor museum and just off the M8, the showground can also be used as a sprint track.

Knockhill Racing Circuit Scotland's National Motor Sport Centre - Knockhill Racing Circuit Plenty hardstanding and the track can be hired out personally, or can be combined with a marques/hatch day that is already on, knockhill in the past have been good at allocating club areas.

Stirling Castle esplanade, not sure on the logistics of the car parking as it is a public area, however plenty of it and close to the town centre so plenty round about to keep SWMBO's and HIMBOS happy.

The Falkirk Wheel The Falkirk Wheel : book tickets online now : a great day out in central Scotland a fair deal of car parking, and nice location, not a huge amount of facilities however.

The Kames circuit East Ayrshire Car Club Can be hired out for private days, limited but present facilities and a half decent track area.

Just some of the thoughts

Happy to go and meet/discuss with anyplace you need more information on.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks John. There are several showgrounds in or near Stirling that might be used, Stirling Rugby Club and Bridge of Allen Highland Games grounds spring to mind, there are regular car shows at East Fortune (Scottish Museum of Flight, part of National Museums of Scotland), hooking onto a Crail Thrash might appeal to some...

THanks Ken,

Do you have any contact info on any of these ?

Perhaps you can pm me in the first instance.

THanks John

A general question to all : how many would be interested in such a meeting in the central area?

This would be open to all Briskodians both north & south of the border Stirling about 2 hrs from Carlisle.

I was just talking about this very thing with SWMBO the other day John, not considered it as a full national rather a Scottish regional however the principles are the same.

Venues we discussed were:

The royal Highland Showground at Ingliston, Home This has the benefit of being close to the motor museum and just off the M8, the showground can also be used as a sprint track.

Knockhill Racing Circuit Scotland's National Motor Sport Centre - Knockhill Racing Circuit Plenty hardstanding and the track can be hired out personally, or can be combined with a marques/hatch day that is already on, knockhill in the past have been good at allocating club areas.

Stirling Castle esplanade, not sure on the logistics of the car parking as it is a public area, however plenty of it and close to the town centre so plenty round about to keep SWMBO's and HIMBOS happy.

The Falkirk Wheel The Falkirk Wheel : book tickets online now : a great day out in central Scotland a fair deal of car parking, and nice location, not a huge amount of facilities however.

The Kames circuit East Ayrshire Car Club Can be hired out for private days, limited but present facilities and a half decent track area.

Just some of the thoughts

Happy to go and meet/discuss with anyplace you need more information on.

You posted as I replied to Ken's (see previous) More than happy for some local input.

Stirling castle esplande sounds good - twas free to park there 35 yrs ago to vist Graham & Morton's shop

If you pm please with any further details ideas and contacts.

Thanks

A general question to all : how many would be interested in such a meeting in the central area?

This would be open to all Briskodians both north & south of the border Stirling about 2 hrs from Carlisle.

I would definitely be interested in this :thumbup:

Ok.

When we organised the Gaydin meet in July we knew that a lot of the more northern members would not be able to make it down ( at least two did and maybe some more so apologies before you all shoot me down).

We did make some tentative enqiries about a possible location either north of the border or just below it. As we were unsure of the response that we might get for the Gaydon meet.

As it turned out Gaydon was a big success for all concerned. Only last week Colin & I discussed albeit briefly about another major event but possibly up north.

Looking both at the forum and the shop stats we do hava very large number of Northern & Scottish based users.

Subject to finding a suitable venue at a very reasonable cost which is easy to access, has good facilities (preferably hard standing for all cars) is perhaps near to some attractions for those who are not into cars and some accommodation options; we can look at organising something for the early part of next year.

Gaydon was a totally free day for everyone (except for museum entry - but that was discounted)

Ideally we would like to offer the same - free on the day- but it all depends on the site costs.

So if someone wants to step up with some sensible suggestions as to a possible location then please pm me.

I am currently thinking of somewhere in the central belt (Stirling ?) as being a suitable location.

I await to hear from you.

JohnD

Shame Doune Motor Museum is now shut , that would have been ideal.

Nice to see all the Inverkeithing/Rosyth bits - brings back old memories of working at MSDS (Marconi) in the late 70's ,living in Whinnyburn Place .Lots of the views of the bridge bring back memories ,as we could see it from the bedroom windows .Be nice to know if there's any of the ancient residents there posting on here ?

• 2 weeks later...

Name - Pete Wilson

Job: Maths Teacher

Red Skoda Fabia vRS with the following Mods:

Seat PD160 intake

Dragon Tuning Box

Rear Anti Roll bar (if you don't have one do it, doo eet)

Cruise

Pirelli Zero Neros all round

Blaupunt Twin 8 inch sub / Pioneer head

Aero wipers

Oil-Rainbow indicator bulbs.

Mods to come,

HID headlight kit

NOS & appropriate remap

Deep dish 16's

Lowering springs -if it doesn't spoil the superb (Fabia) handling.

• 3 weeks later...

stirling is a dive. i should no i lived thear for 12 years and the cobbles leading up to the car park is not good for the car you no

A dive? No it's not! And I'm a Weegie. :giggle: Don't drive too fast on the cobbles........

A good venue would be Stirling County Rugby Club at Bridgehaugh. I'll try and find out contact details.

• 1 month later...

Name - Craig Barbour

Job: Full Time Student

Silver Skoda Fabia 1.4 with the following Mods:

Debadged

Bosch Super 4 Spark Plugs

Pipercross Panel Filter

Bosch Aerotwin Wipers

Mods to come,

Alloys

Tints

Ibiza Splitter & Strut Brace

JVC Headunit & Sony Components & Skytec Bass Box

RARB

Y39 VST , if you see me about give us a toot :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Another one late to the action! I'm Chris, from Glasgow. Just picked myself up a very nice 56 plate Octavia VRS Diesel last week and was reliably informed this is the place to be! Had wanted an Octavia for years, so finally bit the bullet! Spent the last couple of days scaring myself half to death with the torque but I like it!

Pics to follow, the bleeding thing needs a wash already!

• 2 months later...

I'm surprised to see there's a few Skoda owners this far north, need to keep an eye out on the roads here. Anyway:

Name - John

Age - 29

Occupation - IT Shift Engineer

Car - Silver Octavia VRS PD TDI estate

Not my first Skoda, I went from a little petrol Metro 1.1S to a lovely big Octavia Mk1 TDI GLX:

car1.jpg

After a while I was looking for something with a bit more grunt and comfort so I went for a Superb Elegance TDI 130 which fell through because of the garage deciding to be unco-operative/rude, was then looking for an Octavia L&K estate but after a fruitless hunt I ended up with a Toledo Sport TDI 150 which pulled me on to the more sporty path as I just loved the surge of power. After three good years and the arrival of a pup it was time to switch to an estate and as Seat are poor in this area it's back to Skoda:

823876221_m9GiX-M.jpg

Pretty much a stock car although it has parking sensors which is handy, I assumed VRS cars didn't have the Skoda and Octavia lettering but it looks like this car must have been debadged? I have to admit I preferred the Seat's engine and handling but the vrs is no slouch especially with the 235 tyres which give huge amounts of grip but I'm loving the practicality - it's great being able to just put the dog in the back and he loves the space and large windows. Reviews don't really seem to mention it but the amount of cubby holes scattered around the cabin are so handy, my Seat was scattered with bits of paper and CDs stuffed in the door pockets and CDs piled in the middle but now I have a little area for receipts, my CDs are stashed in the boot opposite the CD changer, sunglasses in the ceiling compartment...it makes for a much tidier car. After searching and searching for months there really seems little else like the Octavia VRS estate available.

John

Edited by JohnMcL7

• 5 months later...

Name -jordan page (pagey)

drive- silver fabia vrs

job-welder

locatio-ayrshire

mods- xeon head lights, led rear number plate lights , kw variant1 coilovers

de badged , de wipered , bumpstrips removed, itg panel filter, coustom remap by paul @ angel

17" mirror polished tt comps(now sold) cupra spliter, 3m carbon rap on front badge as blew it of at car wash lol

24f0c469.jpg

that was it with comps on , got my standards painted anthracite

57378924.jpg

Name - Gwyn Malcolmdrive- silver fabia vrs

job- Mobilefaciliries assistant/tech

location- dunfermline

interests- keep chickens to stave off the madness and i like eggs :thumbup:

drives- 2001octavia TDi estate

mods- golf 4 interior, coilovers -65mm, soundsystem going in, golf 4 GTI 16" wheels

DSCF1008.jpg

DSCF1106.jpg

outside the henry ford museum, Dearborne, detroit. im on the right in the shorts

Picture099.jpg

Edited by monkey_biz

Names: Matthew and Thomas Wright

Job: Full Time Student

Ages: 18

Red/Black Skoda Favorit Rally Lookalike

Mods:

Paint job and stickers

Powdercoated alloys

Bucket Seats

Racing steering wheel

K&N air filter and cold air feed

Rally Mudflaps

Wind Deflectors

Air Horns

Cb Radio

Felicia Front Strut Brace

Felicia Rear ARB

Big exhaust :p

Mods to come:

Felicia Front ARB

Lowering Springs

Rally Harnesses

Possibly Felicia 1.6 Engine and twin weber carbs

15320_116921864992743_100000247903410_209553_7979752_n.jpg

15320_116921994992730_100000247903410_209567_7136646_n.jpg

15320_116920534992876_100000247903410_209545_8299541_n.jpg

Edited by Wright Bro's

• 1 month later...

Name: Owen Pritchard

Drives: Fabia VRS SE

Previous cars: Hilman Avenger, FSO Polonez (OK OK), Audi Coupe GT, Vauxhall Belmont, Vauxhall Cavalier, Vauxhall Astra, Audi Coupe GT, Audi Coupe quattro 20V, Audi

S2 Coupe, Audi 80, Audi 80 quattro Avant 20v

Mods: None - too old for that LOL

2010_11060048a.sized.jpg

Been on the site a bit, but only just found this part of the Forum!

Name: Michelle (or Shel more commonly!)

Live: Helensburgh

Drive: 52 plate 1.9TDi Octavia Estate

She's looking a bit shabby at the mo so is shying away from a camera, but courtesy of ma Obi Wan taking my training in hand I'm planning on starting to tidy her up and possibly a couple of mod's getting done .......... But shhhhh dinnae tell my hubby :D

And if I had any idea how, I'd add a picture of me, but i'm dim when it comes to all that lol