Footwell Lights

This has been on my mind for a while and today I got the parts off scrapyard and did the installation.

The front seats have the cut for original pieces, same as the trunk lighting on the break, and got the other 2 from a golf( mirror lights for women, just kid)

Anyway. was looking around and was about to hook it up to the interior light signal coming from the roof lights when I decided to look in the net.

Soo first came up with models until end 2009 and models from 2010 ( not sure about this) are diferent.

This meaning that have footwell lights set up on maxidot and reduced power when driving with lights on.

I just finished trying and here are some pictures.

Luz de pés = footwell lighting activated

16062011017.jpg

16062011018.jpg

16062011019.jpg

Edited by alberg

So you were able to wire these up as if they had come already fitted from factory?

So they work at a reduced light while driving and brighter when a door is open?

Cheers

So you were able to wire these up as if they had come already fitted from factory?

So they work at a reduced light while driving and brighter when a door is open?

Cheers

Yes :thumbup:

Hi,Can you tell me what all parts were required and where to connect them .?I'm very interested in doing this mod if possible ..Thanks

• 1 month later...

Thanks ,

Any idea where I can get the footwell lights from ?

Any part numbers ?

Also I would like to know where have you installed the lights ?

Edited by pz1811

Also I would like to know where have you installed the lights ?

There is an oval hole in the bottom of the front seats (at the rear edge) which is where they are fitted in the factory.

Oh.!

Didn't know that !!

Had seen them only on a superb on the drivers side just above the pedals and similar on the passenger side.

Is what you are saying an addition to what I'm saying .!

Just to be clear can you tell how many and where all the lights are fitted?

There is an oval hole in the bottom of the front seats (at the rear edge) which is where they are fitted in the factory.

They are from a Golf 4 trunk light, same as on the Fabia and Seat Ibiza.

For the front ones you must cut them to fit. Mine are from a golf front curtesy mirrors.

Do get the plugs for each one (got everything off a scrapyard) for 10€.

Download the spanish one, it has all the parts numbers

OK, i sorted the parts out !

Now i few things i dont understand from the spanish file are

1) Where does the passenger side light connect to the ?

2) Are the lamps different for driver and passenger or the same ?

Please do reply

Thanks

• Like 1

OK, i sorted the parts out !

Now i few things i dont understand from the spanish file are

1) Where does the passenger side light connect to the ?

2) Are the lamps different for driver and passenger or the same ?

Please do reply

Thanks

1. all + positive wires must join ( drivers side back/front) then only one wire from drivers side to join passengers side back/front.

After all 4 are in contact, run one + to the module

Same goes for the - ground. Here you put the - ground into the body by itself(donnot join other negative wires, just in case)

2. If refering to the seats yes they are the same. Under dash it does not have place for it, it must be cut out. Bricolage :giggle:

Meaning they donnot have to be the same, mine aren´t

1. all + positive wires must join ( drivers side back/front) then only one wire from drivers side to join passengers side back/front.

After all 4 are in contact, run one + to the module

Same goes for the - ground. Here you put the - ground into the body by itself(donnot join other negative wires, just in case)

2. If refering to the seats yes they are the same. Under dash it does not have place for it, it must be cut out. Bricolage :giggle:

Meaning they donnot have to be the same, mine aren´t

Ive sent you a PM.. would like to send you very very basic wiring diagram.

Can you please check it and tell me if its correct.

Also there are two separate part numbers for wires in the spanish file..

Is it ok if I only use one WIRE all through out ?

Sorry for the questions hope you can sort it out..

Edited by pz1811

The white connector you show in an earlier photo - where is that located?

Thanks.

Since I donnot know if you module and fuse box is located at your drivers side, but it must bee, you have to take out the plastic covers in order to access the module. Its realy easy. The dash insersions they just pop out.

You must take out the light control button, first. Have to take out the dash insersion in order to reach a couple of screws.

The white connector goes on the module under dash( almost over the foot rest)

I did not take out the side skirts on center dash, just take out the ashtray and then you have some access to reach to pass the wires from one side to another.

Edited by alberg

• 2 months later...

alberg,

I got my footwell lights sorted >>>>

all thanks to you !

I have a few problems though ... the footwell lights come up on the maxidot and i can also change the brightness when the door is open (i.e. they work perfectly in sync with the interior lights)

HOWEVER,

when i code it in vcds to work with the terminal 58d active ---- they only work at full brightness and also I can't change their brightness (not even in VCDS)

What do you think could be the problem ?

Any help would be great

Thanks

On maxidot you, I do, the option of turning them on/off when your parking lights(at least) are on. Meaning that they dim if lights on or can be turned off completely.

Min 20% max 100%

Once you open de door they come on 100%, with/out lights on.

Edited by alberg

• 7 months later...

Hi

Can anyone please send me the spanish file as meagupload is no longer working.!!

I am very much interested fitting these footwell lighting so i need to know the part numbers of all required items and wiring.

Thanks in advance

• 3 months later...

i'm about to endeavor on this journey myself. i've got four (2 front + 2 rear) footwell lights just delivered.

but before i start installing, can someone help me with the following:-

1. how do i remove the light-switch and the trim next to it? i can remove the one (centre console side) on the other side of the steering wheel quite easily.

2. how do i remove the ashtray (coin holder) thingy below the climatronic controls?

3. wats the best way to install the rear footwell lights? it already has rectangular holes in the metal frame under each front seat. just wondering how i can run the wiring to it from the centre console area.

i'm about to endeavor on this journey myself. i've got four (2 front + 2 rear) footwell lights just delivered.

but before i start installing, can someone help me with the following:-

1. how do i remove the light-switch and the trim next to it? i can remove the one (centre console side) on the other side of the steering wheel quite easily.

2. how do i remove the ashtray (coin holder) thingy below the climatronic controls?

3. wats the best way to install the rear footwell lights? it already has rectangular holes in the metal frame under each front seat. just wondering how i can run the wiring to it from the centre console area.

see http://octavia-vrs.com/cms/content/integrated-bluetooth - it's got lots (lower down) on removing trim/switch

When i put my BT unit it, i was able to get wires from the side of the car to under the seat under the carpet after taking off the plastic "kick plate"

• Like 1