The Twins. (And Yeti RS)

BossFox

Lol

I honestly thought the Yeti vRS would be first - qucik enough and around the same weight as the mongrel :)

I had a good racing excuse but at the end of the day Jason won and I was second by 0.2 seconds. Over a second quicker than his time last year.  A great drive by him.

Missing a gear coming out of the tightest corner and then fighting to get it back in doesn't help, for future reference.

Same weight?

It's around 100kg heavier than a stock Fabia VRS ! :D

As they are now there is pretty much nothing between the two cars in the dry.

Both are also slower than the stripped 440bhp Octy. :rofl:

• Like 1

I had a good racing excuse but at the end of the day Jason won and I was second by 0.2 seconds. Over a second quicker than his time last year.

Missing a gear coming out of the tightest corner and then fighting to get it back in doesn't help, for future reference.

I reckon stripped out doors etc would've seen you passed him ;)

I had a good racing excuse but at the end of the day Jason won and I was second by 0.2 seconds. Over a second quicker than his time last year.  A great drive by him.

Same weight?

It's around 100kg heavier than a stock Fabia VRS ! :D

As they are now there is pretty much nothing between the two cars in the dry.

Both are also slower than the stripped 440bhp Octy. :rofl:

Sequential gearbox an option?? :p

So today I had a track day booked with an instructor/experienced racer (Jake) at Brands Hatch.

Looking at the conditions last night it seemed like rain all day, so the plan to use the R32 Skyline (that Jake really wanted to drive) was put on hold.

Yeti stepped in, I've never used in on track in the wet before and I wanted to see how capable it was.

When Jake arrived he looks slightly concerned.

Brands Hatch, lots of rain, tall family car... :D

Then he drove a few laps to get a feel for it.

And changed his mind.

I think passing the new 911 GT3-RS may have helped, in three laps we'd pulled out a lead of half a lap on it. :rofl:

Good news is it was a fantastic day.

I drove the rest of the day with Jake as co-pilot and we wizzed round pretty much doing our own thing and lapping some capable cars.

The Yeti is seriously capable in the dry.

In the wet it comes even more to life, towards the end of the day we were doing four wheel powerslides out of Graham Hill Bend on full power.

Amazing bit of kit. :yes:

Apparently for wet days it's set up is spot on too.

Video uploading...

Need the Blyton ones too ;) sounds like a good day!

Weti Yeti VRS is beginning to get recognised at Brands Hatch as a serious track day tool. People remembered it from previous track days and quite a few popped in to the pit garage to find out what the secret ingredients were.

The largely stock interior with creature comforts like air-con meant the Yeti could stay out for over 20 minutes at a time in the cold, wet conditions whilst others had to come in to de-mist windscreens or wipe their visors. Brakes didn't overheat and tyres hardly even warmed up although Richard did change the front pads just before lunch because they were getting low but they had done a previous Brands outing, Blyton and How Fast. Taylor would have loved that bit, it was like a proper pit stop.

Richard did change the front pads just before lunch because they were getting low but they had done a previous Brands outing, Blyton and How Fast. Taylor would have loved that bit, it was like a proper pit stop.

I impressed myself.

22 minutes to change a set of brake pads with basic tools. :)

(and a handy assistant to lend a wheel brace... ;))

Very impressed with the PB brake stuff now and in use I prefer the PB race pads to the Ferrodo DS2500 and DS3000.

Not to mention they are cheaper!

• Like 2

I impressed myself.

22 minutes to change a set of brake pads with basic tools. :)

(and a handy assistant to lend a wheel brace... ;))

that long?  :p   

:D

• Like 3