Top boost pipe replacement DIY :)

• 1 month later...

Thanks. I'm looking to upgrade the connectors as the oem ones are ****. I just need to know what billet connectors to use for the lower IC connectors!

Ebay item numbers ive found so far (top boost pipes with egr delete)

Upper IC billet (Connector A) : 150802992992

45 degree silicone pipe: 290470155679

90 degree silicone pipe : 300458865210

I cant find the 70 degree mandrel bent pipe.

Yeah it's an original one mate your welcome to it if you want it, if any one is looking for the connector to connect to the top of inter cooler I have one off ebay they can have for free too as I don't need it anymore

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey mate if you don't need the one for the top of the intercooler I'm in Edinburgh and I'm just about to do this mod I'd be happy to give you £ for it if you would be happy to post it Edited by Andy5co

• 2 weeks later...

So at the weekend I thought I'd fit my top boost pipe as everyone is aware the skoda ones are prone to boost leaks

For anyone that's interested I put together a list of the pipes etc needed to make your own also remember that the silicone hoses do need bits cutting off each end to fit hope this helps people that want to do the same :)

1x type a coupler

60mm clip side outside diameter (o.d) male coupling, suitable for a 51mm internal diameter (i.d) hose.

1x type d coupler

64mm clip side outside diameter (o.d) male coupling, suitable for a 61mm internal diameter (i.d) hose.

Both from this seller - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-AUDI-SEAT-SKODA-TDI-FSiT-ALLOY-BAYONET-BOOST-HOSE-INTERCOOLER-HOSE-COUPLER-/150802992992?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item231c8f0f60

2" 51mm O.D stainless steel bend - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320782541076

1x 45degree 51mm internal silicone hose. - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290470155679?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

1x 90degree reducer 60mm to 51mm silicone hose - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300858977454?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Also need jubilee clips which I bought from my local BandQ

1x70mm jubilee for egr 90degree hose

3x60mm jubilee's for the rest

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Please feel free to ask any questions or anything

Hope this helps :)

this is very helpfull, do you know if this will be the same for and egr delete and forge intercooler? :s might be a silly question but got the intercooler at home and want to replace this section of the pipe work.also how do you know if the stainless steel bend will be long enough to meet both ends? many thanks Sam

Does anyone have updated links for everything needed for this?

thanks!

+1 Dann2707,

This should be turned into a GB - am sure there would be a lot of interest!

Im after the whole lot if anyone can help..

Thanks,

adil

All the information you need is in the 1st post, so just type that info into eBay to find the updated links of the items needed. :wonder:  :thumbup:

If you look in the Group Buy threads, i think there was something trying to be organised in there for the top boost pipe.

• Like 2

Just made up a top pipe for mine to join up to the Forge piping.

Well pleased with the outcome :)

forgeseatsport008_zps60568b6c.jpg

57mm Darkside EGR delete shortened down,57mm hump hose joiner,57mm 90deg alloy bend,57mm alloy hose joiner welded to the 90deg bend,45deg 57mm to 51mm reducing elbow to match the Forge pipework,51mm alloy hose joiner.

Anyone after making up pipework from the turbo to cooler Forge do a silicone hose like below,couplers for the turbo are available from Forge/Darkside or I think you could use the standard one if you cut the clamp off it ;) but the standard one is very small internally.

forgeseatsport007_zps68b183ab.jpg

Turbo couplers showing the different size inside diameters,Forge on left,Darkside in centre and standard on right:

forgeseatsport001_zps514418f2.jpg

• Like 1

Just made up a top pipe for mine to join up to the Forge piping.

Well pleased with the outcome :)

forgeseatsport008_zps60568b6c.jpg

57mm Darkside EGR delete shortened down,57mm hump hose joiner,57mm 90deg alloy bend,57mm alloy hose joiner welded to the 90deg bend,45deg 57mm to 51mm reducing elbow to match the Forge pipework,51mm alloy hose joiner.

Anyone after making up pipework from the turbo to cooler Forge do a silicone hose like below,couplers for the turbo are available from Forge/Darkside or I think you could use the standard one if you cut the clamp off it ;) but the standard one is very small internally.

forgeseatsport007_zps68b183ab.jpg

Turbo couplers showing the different size inside diameters,Forge on left,Darkside in centre and standard on right:

forgeseatsport001_zps514418f2.jpg

Very nice! Have you got a link for the silicon pipe coming from the turbo?

Coskev I'm looking at replacing that turbo pipe myself, do the couplers come with the pipe? Cheers

Mine did as it was the full Seat Sport style kit from Forge,I know they deffo list the couplers seperate on there website,give them a ring is best bet about pipe :)

Or message them on here ;)

Very nice! Have you got a link for the silicon pipe coming from the turbo?

As above soz,it came with the cooler as a kit,contact them would be best bet :)

Sorry yo be a pain, but what size is the turbo coupler? Gonna bell forge but don't wanna sound a 'tard then ask for discount :p

No probs pal,I'm sure DanHam said its coupler 'G' in this link:

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=&product=FMABHC

But double check before you order with Forge! :)

• 4 weeks later...