Fabia Recall

Just checked my car and it is on the recall list.  What does this oil change involve?  How can you change the oil in a "sealed for life" gearbox?

They have engineered away. Special bottle tool being provided - extractor  / filler. 

See your dealer.

Yeah it's a bottle that hangs on bonnet catch then a pipe that hooks on to the gearbox with a valve then you fill it till it stops and if I remember correctly don't quote me on this but then start it and allow circulation and it will top up! About 5l I think it was!

• Like 1

When I asked the dealer to provide me with written confirmation of the work being done they refused, because 'its on Skodas database' and therefore thats all they need to do.

Having driven my 'fixed' car about 80 miles last weekend, The faults are still present, albeit less pronounced.

Just read a new thread on here about a new Superb 6 speed DSG OWNER that has also experienced the "Brown Trouser " moment failure.

In the outside lane and just managed to coast to the nearside hard shoulder.

"L& K Superb Estate DSG" 4600 MILES ON THE CLOCK IN 6 WEEKS !

Nah, you're just over exaggerating and being "hysterical".  :rofl:

Nowt to worry about in such situations.

Just take a prayer mat with you at all times and you'll be fine and dandy. :think:

Millions on the road with no problems at all....apparently....so I've been TOLD.  :wall:

Edited by Mr Ree

Skoda/VW knowing that an Interruption of Power or Drive means that you are safe and can Roll to a safe place is just a joke.

http://myturbodiesel.com/wiki/dsg-fluid-drain-and-replacement-service-vw-and-audi-stronic-oil-flush

This is different obviously and for a 6 Speed Box that needs Oil Changes,

but you will see the mention of the 7 Speed Dry Clutch DQ200, 

Just for an idea of what gets done.

A pretty bad one at that.  :devil:

If a dealer says any warranty work is on the skoda database then they can print off what is there. The car is your property not skodas. Some of these people in dealerships need to learn they have a job because people buy cars.its not some favour a dealership is giving customers.

• Like 1

And to top it off I spoke to Skoda UK, who advised if there were still issues I'd have to pay as warranty is now up, even though its the same fault as I've been telling them about for 3 years.  Apparently because I didnt tell them the 'fix' hasnt worked before my warranty expired (it was behaving up until then) I will have to pay.  Although I will get some 'goodwill' from skoda.

And to top it off I spoke to Skoda UK, who advised if there were still issues I'd have to pay as warranty is now up, even though its the same fault as I've been telling them about for 3 years.  Apparently because I didnt tell them the 'fix' hasnt worked before my warranty expired (it was behaving up until then) I will have to pay.  Although I will get some 'goodwill' from skoda.

Their generosity is positively underwhelming.  :wonder:

What seems to be happening as Skoda UK, Volkswagen Group,, VW, Seat & Audi say the Internet Blows things out of proportion is,

they never clear up matters with Press Releases, and actual facts & figures.

Just tell the Truth, the whole Truth and nothing but the Truth.

They know how many Workshops at Franchised Dealers Log Problems (or not,)

& they know how many Gearboxes & Engines they are Repairing through Warranty Claims.

or have Rejecting Claims on them,

Now how may Service Campaign Field Actions they are doing.

Also 'Good Will Actions'.

?? So are the VOLKSWAGEN GROUP misleading the DfT /VOSA in the UK.

& Do the German TUV know the true figures of the German Engine & Gearbox Manufacturers failures?

Euro Elections on Thursday,

so when you get a a new MEP on Friday,

best contact who ever it is and ask,

Are the EU monitoring the Volkswagen Group & how they treat EU Members.

VORSPRUNG DURCH TECHNIK.

'Take responsibility for no Design or Manufacturing Errors.'

Can 1 VWG Brands CEO say one thing on National TV, (that is the SEAT CEO.)

and then the different Brands do something else?

Sometimes they tell lies or just put out the Spin to the Media.

Worth sending a Request to SKY to ask what became of the assurances this Gentleman gave.

(The Service Action as he calls it is the Oil & ECU Update, there is the ongoing Faults with Clutch Packs & Mechatronics Control Units,  which they can not just dis-miss.)

http://news.sky.com/story/1168639/vw-recall-2-6m-cars-worldwide-over-faults

In the UK, its a case of needing to Contact the Trading Standards, voice your concerns, 

tell them your Circumstances and Experience with your Dealership & Skoda UK,

and get advice or raise a case.

rawcpoppa, 

Things have changed considerably from 2012.

Then they, VW, SKODA, SEAT, AUDI were ignoring many Owners with cars in Warranty,

now cars are possibly out of Warranty, they are still ignoring the problems they had in 2012.

Now they are doing a Silent Service Campaign and Field Actions to prevent people that 

'Are Safe if the cars that can looses Drive', that is according to VW.

& 'They' are telling owners they see,

'there is Oil to be changed in the Gearbox,'  

but they are not telling people that do not go into Dealerships that there is a Campaign.

& now cars out of Warranty are still having problems they had a few years ago but worse,

& the Manufacturers & Dealerships say the Owner need to pay to have them repaired.

Had the gearbox oil/ecu update yesterday

Was only mentioned when I booked mot and service though

Nothing to say the work had been done on any of the paperwork or service book

Service guy told me it was any 7 speed dsg between 2010 and 2013 that needed work

Oh,and he had over 200 cars that wanted it doing!

He could be right in it being 'Any between 2010 & 2013',   well apart from its DSG's from 2009.

but it is not, 'EVERY 7 Speed DSG'

it is only those that have Synthetic Oil in, some do not have Synthetic Oil in between 2010-2013..

It would be simples & Skoda, VW, SEAT, Audi,  could just say,

'All DQ200 7 speed DSG built in the years, 2010-2013 need to come in for a Field Action,' 

if it was the case.

rawcpoppa, 

Things have changed considerably from 2012.

Then they, VW, SKODA, SEAT, AUDI were ignoring many Owners with cars in Warranty,

now cars are possibly out of Warranty, they are still ignoring the problems they had in 2012.

Now they are doing a Silent Service Campaign and Field Actions to prevent people that 

'Are Safe if the cars that can looses Drive', that is according to VW.

& 'They' are telling owners they see,

'there is Oil to be changed in the Gearbox,'  

but they are not telling people that do not go into Dealerships that there is a Campaign.

& now cars out of Warranty are still having problems they had a few years ago but worse,

& the Manufacturers & Dealerships say the Owner need to pay to have them repaired.

I don't see what any of that has to do with the article you posted is all I'm saying.

In 2012 VAG had no fix and cars were being filled with mineral oil anyways. Since then they have acknowledged that there is a fault and they have infact done recalls in various countries for this issue.

At this point your only issue pertains to whether its classified as a recall or not in your country which to me the article has no relevance. If however you were clamouring for this recall or campaign to be carried out in your country at all then yes the article would be relevant.

To be honest I wouldn't rely on VW, Audi, Skoda to contact you unless its a recall. There are websites dedicated to providing recall info where one can put their VIN in periodically to see what recalls/campaigns are available for their vehicle. After spending so much on these vehicles being proactive is better than insisting that the company call you for each campaign even when out of warranty.

If it's a campaign then its pretty much down to the consumer laws. Always remember manufacturers don't care one iota about anyone of us. They play by the rules of the country they operate. If the rules are lax and allow them to call recalls pertaining to safety as quiet campaigns then the laws need to be changed.

Edited by rawcpoppa

No that is not the issue.

That is how you seem to see it.  I see it differently and some others do as well i believe.

The Issue is there are faulty DQ200 DSG anyway,

There were Clutch Packs requiring Replacing and Mechatronics Control Units & Complete Gearboxes.

Members here and Owners having Complaints to Dealerships Dismissed as Just Normal Noises like 

you were going over a Cattle Grid.

As it is, that article shows where others in other countries were reporting issues.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/faulty-volkswagen-dsg-gearboxes-reported-in-europe-46766.html

There are Faults, & there are the Issues & failures that had VWG recalling or doing Campaigns.

But that leaves people that had Faulty Boxes while in Warranty now being told to Pay for work on DSG now out of Warranty.

??

Which country are you in,

and what were the issues with your VW?  

& How is the Service Campaign or Recall being done there?

In the UK they will be held to book if it turns out they have mislead VOSA, 

or VOSA are not protecting and acting in the best way for the Public by doing as suits a large Corporation.

So there is no Connection between the Issues, or there is,

but to say that there have been no cars losing drive in the UK would be untrue,

& to say that there have been no Faults in the UK is an odd one,

very new cars in the UK had Warranty Work done on DSG's.

http://autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/vw-uk-why-we-dont-need-dsg-recall

http://autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/consumer-news/84572/volkswagen-recall-25-million-cars-affected

No updates in May 2014 from the Likes of Autocar or Auto Express as to why there is now a Service Campaign.

or any mention since late 2013. So i take it no Press Releases from VW, Skoda, Seat, Audi.

EDIT  PS

http://hp.net.au/index.php/products/dq200

There are Software & Hardware Updates available.

but see where is says,  Does not fix faults already there, Mechatronics Control Units & Clutch Packs.

These have been on going problems with some DQ200's as VW knew.

I am not saying there were no issues for owners. All I am saying is this issue just isn't listed as a safety issue in your country. That is all. All the other items you'd like to include do not pertain to how 34F6 is categorized as a safety campaig vs a recall. I can't speak to whether VOSA was misled. Out of curiosity how often has VOSA been misled on matters like these with repurcussions to the offender? Chances are VOSA deems "a loss of power allowing owners to coast to the side of the road" as NOT a safety matter versus the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration hearing the same and simply believeing that it IS a safety issue. Hence the recall in the US with FAR fewer cars with this DQ200 and no customer complaints versus in the UK where I am sure hundreds of customers complained. I am not saying it is right but I would look at the country's laws or administrations versus the dealer because that's what makes the difference from country to country.

I am in Trinidad and Tobago. Own a VW Jetta. My car is not part of the recall BUT I have followed this issue keenly because I was very concerned about the DQ200 reliability. This is how I was able to post in that other thread what periods of cars tend to be affected either by recalls 34F6(hot climate,heavy traffic newer VAG {late 2012 early 2013}: replace synthetic oil with mineral; Cool climate, older VAG replace: synthetic oil with mineral oil) or 35C1 (hot climate, heavy traffic, older VAG 2009 - 2011: replace corroded mechatronic unit and refill gearbox with mineral oil) .

I have not had an issue with the dealer but I also do not think because I have not had an issue that the dealer here is A ok. I speak with other owners here and know that manufacturers operate based on the laws and IF they can get away with murder legally they will operate in a way to do so once it saves them money. The way to stop them is to strengthen the laws in my opinion. One other way you can get attention is to get together as a group of owners and protest like they did in Malaysia but even then VAG doesn't just change their ways easily. The reason why I focus on the laws and institues enforcing them is because VAG isn't the only one playing dirty so to speak. Dig deep into forums of other manufacturers and you will say they skirt around what is and isn't a safety issue. Why? Because it is too easy for them to depending on the country.

Finally if you want to talk about the issues of the DQ200 you will need to be very specific. Clutch packs are changed for what issue? Are clattering sounds a sign of an issue with respect to dry clutch dsgs?  Are they related? Have VAG tried to fix the issues via silent service campaigns years ago? etc etc. Try to get your hands on a copy of Elsawin or log into ERWIN and DIG DEEP.

Mine is a 2010, currently in getting a new engine because of the infamous misfire, when I dropped it off they told me about the recall and the g/box oil being changed from synthetic to mineral (may be the other way around, don't quote me  :giggle: ) so I may have more details tomorrow

Phoned up based upon the recall checker on the skoda KW site posted on here.

They were a bit taken a back at first when I said I think I have an outstanding recall and advised they would call me back. 10 minutes later and car booked in to have it done in June :), wouldn't have known if not for the info on here, fortunately dealer is normally pretty good.

Getting them to investigate the rattly start which I fear is the cam chain and also the fluctuating revs and speedo needles at the same time. 

My vRS has to have its gearbox oil changed this Friday. 13 reg March.

Was not contacted, had to ask.

Tony

The dealer has now cancelled this appointment, as he "doesn't have the tooling".  I questioned this and he said "it's an adaptor for filling the gearbox".

He will contact me when the item is in stock.

Tony

This may be a coincidence and unrelated, but yesterday my vRS suffered a momentary loss of power. This is the first DSG glitch I have had since owning the car (61 plate). I was exiting a roundabout in auto mode (D) and put my foot down to accelerate away expecting kick down but got nothing, and I mean nothing. It was like it suddenly found neutral which was scary because the car behind got very close and must of wondered why I was slowing down with a clear road ahead. Fortunately it regained power after a second or two and I was away. Has anyone else ever had anything happen like this?

The Technical Support Team at SUK have determined that my 2011 vRS does not fall under the DSG oil change campaign and that the issue I have reported does not match that which has led to the oil change campaign. Therefore it should be treated as a separate and unrelated issue.

That will have been the expert opinion then of the

SKODA UK TECHNICAL SUPPORT TEAMS top man, DARREN BROWN so he should know.

Any Inspection or investigation of faults, loss of drive or Interruptions to power are no longer needed with Skoda,

they just refer to Derren Brown.

SUK TST always seem to know what is not wrong with engines, Gearboxes, steering etc.

I wonder when they will ever be able to say what does cause the failures.

That will have been the expert opinion then of the

SKODA UK TECHNICAL SUPPORT TEAMS top man, DARREN BROWN so he should know.

Any Inspection or investigation of faults, loss of drive or Interruptions to power are no longer needed with Skoda,

they just refer to Derren Brown.

SUK TST always seem to know what is not wrong with engines, Gearboxes, steering etc.

I wonder when they will ever be able to say what does cause the failures.

Wow. Clever Skoda. I did not realise they were employing Derren Brown. Wonderful how they can use his psychic abilities and extrasensory perception to diagnose our problems!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...