Kumho KU39, Amazing budget tyre.

Ever since I had the KU39 installed I've been impressed.

I came from having Goodyear F1s.

Was just travelling down a national speed limit road and a group of young girls pulled out right in front of me. 65mph to 15mph with pedal mashed into the carpet, no squirrelling or anything, left a meter gap between me and them which I was very impressed.

When they pulled out I thought that was the end of my poor Fabia.

A scooter could of out accelerated this car.

Can't see me getting any other tyre from now on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't really say the same thing about the Uniroyal RainSport 3. When driving around city when raining (and it was raining for a few hours at that moment, so the road was pretty wet) and braking from 30 to a full stop in an emergency situation gets the car in a genuine sled. I haven't tried them at higher speeds for a brake test. Handling is good, no doubt about that, but the wheels are locking even on dry (and yes, I keep my tire pressures checked and double checked - 2.1 front and 2.0 for the back ).

Edited by Alexandru

From what ive read they are not really "budget" mytyres there on offer list price is £94, a quick google they tend to be £60 -80 a corner... these are mid range tyres. But for £44 at mytyres are a bargin!

From what ive read they are not really "budget" mytyres there on offer list price is £94, a quick google they tend to be £60 -80 a corner... these are mid range tyres. But for £44 at mytyres are a bargin!

That's true, I'm running some Chinese tyres at £35 a pop. Were fitted on the car when I bought them. The car handles rather well but I think that's more to the suspension and differential lol

I loved the ones I had on my car and would definitely buy them again, I also thought the road noise was significantly less than the other tyres I'd tried.

They were super quiet and very grippy in all conditions.

I have them on one of my cars, can't fault them for the price. I was previously running Hankook Venus v12's. They seem to have gone up in price now which I think is what will happen to,these Kumho's when they latch on to them being a good all rounder.

For the money you can't really go wrong with these.

I've had a full set on twice now, once when I was standard and currently running them again as I couldn't justify spending £400 earlier this year when I wasn't working to put on my usual choice.

Great in the dry and pretty awesome in the wet.

A lot of people dribble over T1-R's, but these are waaaaay ahead IMHO.

Can't comment on wear rate as it was ages ago I had them originally, but if they last longer then 12k miles, I'll be happy :p

• Like 1

The Kumho's are very good for the money, the Falken ZE914s are also worth a look. Both a very good solid all round tyre with good wear rates. A set of Falkens will be next for me once my current Kumhos run down I think, I found them to be a bit better in damp conditions on my previous car which is why I'm leaning towards them over the Kumho's, plus they are currently a little cheaper too! 

The Toyo T1Rs are based on a very old tread design now and while they look good in terms of tread pattern they perform pretty poor, you only have to look at the ratings to see that lol. They just seem to melt on hot days and wear down very fast. In the wet they are borderline dangerous and they also have soft side walls which does nothing for steering feel or turn in. Avoid at all costs!