Skip to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. Bugger.....sorry to hear that. Hopefully the replacement head unit arrives soon and u can b back on the road again.
  3. Today
  4. Last post should have read 6885 and 6937 miles and car returned with 8742 miles on it. So like I said at the very least 1500 excessive miles on the car. It would not have have been on more then maybe 7k miles when it was collected.
  5. Ye the AA reoport states she mileage before hand and my own diagnostixs I did before it went in also shows the mileage as well. 8885 on AA report and 8937 on my top Don (11099km) both between the 19th of Sept and 25th Sept before Skoda collected the car. Their previous Superb they were doing a max of 3-4k miles a year as evidenced by the mot history milage. And yes I totally agree it's totally unnaceptable and bot justifiable for road testing purposes. So they have put half my parents yearly mileage on the car in one week which also makes me think they have been potentially lying about what was happening with the car for the whole week. The whole experience with the dealer fobinng me off and not keeping them updated has left a very sour taste in my mouth. I've literally had to chase them daily to get any answers our of the dealer and really give them both barrels down the phone as I live 60 miles away. We are talking about a 88 and 75 year old here, left for a week without a car as mum can't drive at the moment and step dad could not be insured on a hire car, never offered a car from Skoda until I kicked off with them but would have had to sort temp insurance themselves if they could source a car from within the dealer network. I am absolutely livid and so is my brother, my parents are annoyed but kind of happy to finally have the car back, but I'm fed up with them getting a bum deal especially after parting with 27k to the bloody dealership for a 3 month old demo. Knowing them they will acceot any rubbish the dealer tells them and not fight it.
  6. Here u go..... adpmap-6D-5Q0-959-107-L.CSV blockmap-6D-5Q0-959-107-L.CSV
  7. Yesterday
  8. Update: Emission warning light came again today on 10mile trip & has stayed on. Calling mechanic on Monday.
  9. I'd say more than 240 miles a day for testing is totally unacceptable! Do you have any proof of Odo reading before it went in?
  10. Completely normal behavior.
  11. Cairus started following ABS Long Code Help
  12. Hi, my Škoda has the same problem and the same version… can i have the update link? Thank you
  13. G3, I think. Coolant sensor fault in cylinder 3. No obvious mayo etc but swarf in the engine oil. Oddly still seems to run fine (not that I'm moving it unless essential).
  14. @Coral-C you're right, this thread is almost comical 😅 I am thinking of submitting a patent application for my 45deg toothbrushes. The only thing holding me back is deciding what unique characteristics will support my intellectual property rights! I'm unsure if 45deg is the right angle but the jug of very hot water can be redeployed to increase the angle further if needed, and I have four other toothbrushes available because Tesco were offering a deal - maybe they have seen a surge in demand from Skoda owners? @rum4mo makes a good point. The shaft could, over time, impact on the rim even though it is made of plastic. Caution pays, as per the lyrics of Wham (George Michael & Andrew Ridgely). One last thought: I am glad our driveway is surrounded by a beech hedge because I honestly will feel a complete idiot holding a toothbrush while cleaning my Superb’s rims 🫣. It could be worse: it's not a Jaguar Type 01. Have a nice weekend.
  15. Dennn joined the community
  16. Sorry to hear this - is this usual EA888 terminal issues? Is this a G2 or G3 EA888 engine?
  17. Hi, To get a quick answer, please tell us which engine and MY your have. It may help... 😉
  18. 1 week later. No update for a whoooole week. Problem seems to be fixed, now!
  19. Provided the supplier agrees to replace the plugs and coil packs, and have the injectors tested, I'd say you would be safe to consider keeping it. How long is the Cinch warranty?
  20. Hi folks. Briskoda has helped me out loads over the years. I'm now in a pickle, and I don't know what's for the best. Today I found out my 63 plate vRS estate will need a new engine. I've looked after it and had it looked at when it's needed it. I've tried to look after it. It's not done 80,000 miles yet. Not going to lie; it's gutting. It has a few stone chips and scabby alloys but Ive generally thought if I looked after the car, it'd look after me. It starts and runs but there's metal in the oil... and a mechanic I trust has told me a good refurb engine will take about £8k fitted with all the ancillary bits fiddled and fixed or £11k for a new unit from the factory. Clearly that's not worth it. So anyway, it seems a shame to scrap and I imagine We Buy Any Car and the like would pay buttons for it. I don't have the time or expertise to part this out myself, barring odd bits of trim. Any ideas how I might make the most of a really bad situation, folks? The engine's screwed but the rest is a straight car. The interior is particularly good. Thanks for any advice the community can offer me.
  21. I cannot find this in eco or any other mode on the 2025 Karoq
  22. survey started following 2 Cylinder Mode…..
  23. matrix7764 joined the community
  24. Not sure exactly what has been done over the last 3 years but here’s an updated picture…
  25. It’s been a while… Grille has been changed, Front splitter got broken and replaced, Calipers have been painted vintage copper, Bonnet had started to get drastic lacquer peel and has now been resprayed, Silver bits in centre console have been replaced with carbon effect from a vRS, Still some more plans for this as well
  26. Hi all, My car went into a garage for some work to be done and the garage have accidently deleted the ABS long code. I have it saved on an old scan but when they put it back in and do all the recalibrations, the fault codes for ESC and ACC won’t clear. Is anybody able to offer any help or advice on how to solve those issues please?
  27. Advice needed ppl! Did Skoda ever offer the option for Leather seats (non vRS) on the Fabia model? Even just the Elegance (top of the range) model? There is currently a Fabia Elegance for sale with Black Leather seats! - link & pics below. The stitching location seems to match that of the original genuine fabric seat coverings - but I could be wrong based on the Skoda Fabia 'Edition 100' I will mention further down this post (after the pix). Maybe the owner got the seats recovered by an outside company (like Seat Surgeons etc)? If this was the case, they really must have loved this car (if so, fair enough - it's an Elegance model and well kitted out). Link: 2002 Grey Skoda Fabia for sale for £1,790 in BEDFORD, BEDFORDSHIRE The Skoda Fabia 'Edition 100' mainly sold in central/western Europe but also "sold" here in the UK - how many, I don't know but would love to see one! I don't recall them being sold here though. Skoda Press Page: For the Škoda anniversary: Special Edition 100 series YouTube Video (turn the volume to ZERO...trust me): 2005 Škoda Fabia 1.4 16V (100 KM) | EDITION 100 V-max, 0-100 km/h, Test, AUTOBAHN. | 4K The reason I mention this 'Edition 100' is that it came with Grey leather seats as standard - the only other Fabia I am aware of that had leather as standard is the Fabia vRS Limited Edition (which we are all aware of). Below images show the Grey leather seats (not black as shown up above in the Elegance model...) - note, the seat stitching is different in the centre compared the to black version above. This leads me to believe that perhaps the black leather (shown above) was an aftermarket recovering of the original seats. I stand to be corrected. Maxidot too
  28. @Arianne I went for the 90 degree bend so there was more room for the side-to-side motion. But yours seem to work just as well. @rum4mo I haven't seen any damage to the surface yet, but point well taken. I opted for a very soft-bristled brush and just use it to agitate the cleaning chemicals rather than scrubbing with it. I had a wheel woolie scratch a previous set of wheels when some microscopic grit got into it, so I'm really careful now. In any case, how crazy is it that the wheel design is so difficult to clean that we need to debate the details of homemade tools? 🤨
  29. Sills ordered.
  30. Hi all, had an intermittent engine warning light with an error code that reference the vacuum pump. Local garage quoted me near a grand to replace the two hoses shown in the pictures, but that seems insane to me. Can anyone help me identify the parts/hoses so I can order them and replace myself. Thanks!
  31. So guys @OccyVRS @Alasdair1 @Warrior193 , ready for a deep dive into my Skoda adventures today?!... The RAC were called out by Cinch for an UPLIFT of my vehicle to the garage, for repair on Monday. On arrival, RAC confirmed that they had actually been called out for a ROADSIDE REPAIR, not an UPLIFT. Despite this, the guy was actually super helpful, and gave me the code readings below: P33B800 - cylinder 2 combustion misfire during direct injection (permanent code) P030200 - Cylinder 2 misfire P130A00 - controlled cylinder shutoff He believes its either a spark plug, injector or coil pack. So, my RAC man switched the spark plugs between cylinder 1 and 2, and swapped the coil pack between 2 and 4 to test what the culprit would be. He CLEARED THE CODES and took the car for a spin, but no luck in retriggering the EPC issue. So, I was told to drive the car to the garage today after he'd left, as he was unable to offer an UPLIFT now that he had diagnosed it and the fault had cleared. So I did so, but I also had no luck triggering the EPC light on this journey to the garage. When I dropped the car off, the garage said that because the codes had been cleared and the fault hasn't been replicated, they don't really have anything to go off, and can't authorise any repairs unless Cinch give them authorisation. This is super frustrating, as if the garage give the car back without any repairs, then this spark/coil/injector issue is just going to crop up again! I have just finished quite a strongly worded email to Cinch to say that I expect them to authorise repairs, whether or not the garage can replicate the EPC fault, because of the fact that the RAC has reported and provided documented evidence for the existence of a mechanical fault with my vehicle. So, my question to you all is, ignoring the admin nightmare I am dealing with trying to sort this all out, if the EPC fault is simply down to a faulty spark plug, coil pack or injector, is this anything to be concerned about? Or would you still be happy to proceed with keeping the car if you were in my shoes? Thanks guys for bearing with my long messages again! On Monday the garage are actually looking at the Skoda, today was just a drop off with a salesman, not a mechanic. So I will find out whether they have managed to replicate the fault or not. And if they have, then my strong email to Cinch was a little pre-emptive, but still fully deserved! Hopefully the above all makes sense, sorry if not, its been a very long day once again! Thanks guys :)
  32. Paulsey joined the community
  33. Cgwchris joined the community
  34. Good shout! I would still be able to reject the car after the inspection. It would be 4 days prior to the money back cutoff period, so should be fine, and is at a garage completely non-associated with Cinch and their approved dealer network, though it is still a Skoda specialist :)

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.