Skip to content

Gabbo

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gabbo

  1. I'm not sure of the shelf life of AdBlue once opened but when exposed to air it will dry leaving a crystallized residue. Assuming that the sensor was working properly a quality error would indicate bad, contaminated or diluted AdBlue. My point was more that the warning was not related to the level of AdBlue & a check of the DTC is necessary to further understand cause.
  2. Also, when refilling the AdBlue, it's normal that the warning is not cleared immediately. It will take some time for the system to detect the new level so either waiting a minute or so at ignition on or driving for a few minutes is needed before the warning will go away. This is normal.
  3. The error on your dashboard is not because of AdBlue Level. It is a warning that there is another problem with the AdBlue. The main thing that is monitored is the quality of the AdBlue, it has to have a certain urea concentration otherwise the system will think you have filled it with water or it is contaminated. You will need to read the DTCs to understand what exact fault you are detecting. Also note there is a minimum refill amount for AdBlue for the system to release the warning/protection. If you look at the driving data in the instrument cluster it will tell you distance of AdBlue left plus the min & max refil levels. You cannot overfill the AdBlue System. I fill mine at the petrol station from a pump and I stop when it clicks 3 times.
  4. In Switzerland as long as they come with the homologation certificate to say they are approved for your vehicle there's no problem. It's common to change the wheels in the winter & even the garages sell aftermarket wheels with the car from new. I'd consider to buy OEM wheels at a small premium but they are almost 4x the price of the equivalent aftermarket wheel which is crazy. They'd sell loads more if they reduced the price in half.
  5. That's really quite a lot of work to get them out of having to replace the engine. How often do you need to run the procedure?
  6. My view is similar, to use them until they look very bad or the finish starts to rot & replace them with aftermarket wheels when I'm going to replace the tyres at the same time. There are nice basic aftermarket wheels <€100 a corner. My winter wheels were just over €800 with Conti tyres, fitted, balanced & delivered
  7. The Vag TDI engines have had some issues with piston rings (at least on the Octavia version) which I guess is quite similar to the superb version. As you have a DPF in a diesel you are unlikely to see smoke from the exhaust if it's burning oil as the DPF will catch it. I would suggest to look for signs of oil just before the DPF or in the exhaust manifold somewhere. Best case your engine is burning it and they'll be no problems. But if there's too much oil to fully burn it'll build up in the DPF and can cause it to crack when it Regens... I have a 2024 TDI 2l 200PS engine in my superb which uses 1L of oil every 7.5k km since new. (Currently at 37k km) My previous Octavia TDI would do 30k km without changing the oil.
  8. The regenerations clear the soot. The ash residue is what's leftover in the filter from the regenerating process and cannot be cleared by the car itself. Once it's "full" you'll need to have it removed & cleaned or replaced... The more full the DPF is, the more difficult it is to pass air through the exhaust so theoretically you should see a drop in performance although it's difficult to quantify how much butespecially at light load like pull away My 2l diesel has 250k km and can feel sluggish at times but then others is just as perky as before..
  9. What faults did you clear? Are they all for Low battery voltage? It's likely to be a low battery based on your description. Do you have anything connected like a dash cam, charger etc ?
  10. You could try emailing https://www.skoda-parts.com/online-store.html They are really helpful and will usual answer within the day. The downside is the shipping is quite expensive if the parts are cheap but their service is great. Otherwise I think wrapping sounds a good idea and probably a cheap alternative. Scrap yards might be another idea if you can figure out how to remove just the plastic part without damaging it? Gabbo
  11. Where did you order from & what's the price? I'm really surprised about this design concept. For something so simple as this I would really expect that if the actuator fails the manual function should still remain. It would also make it easier for production like this as the feature will work with both automatic and manual modes only depending on whether the actuator is fitted or not
  12. If you disconnect the solenoid electrical connector, normal it should release the hook giving manual operation. Could it be a short circuit on the loom for the solenoid forcing it to be always active?
  13. No worries, already found and replaced. I posted another thread with the details, part numbers & photos.
  14. I couldn't find it either but I found this site very useful with part diagrams, maybe search for the clip & the solenoid will be on the same diagram? https://www.lllparts.co.uk/catalogs/skoda/CZ/SUP/851/9
  15. I think you've found the right place. I was just looking at mine & took the same photo!! You can see below there is a sprung loaded catch which is what holds the cover in place. When I "twist" manually the cover it pushes this down & manually releases. I guess the "electronic" part has a small solenoid/magnet which pulls down the catch to release the cover. Yours looks like somebody has completely destroyed the catch. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it would be easy to remove & repair due to the location & surrounding trim.
  16. I have this feature on my 2023 superb & the option at to active in the menu. The boot cover behaves exactly like the manual version in my Octavia in normal use, you can pull it half way or fully closed & it clicks into place. A slight twist downwards will cause it to retract to the previous position. If I operate the electric boot button, kick under the bumper or use the key fob button, then the cover will automatically retract to half way as the boot starts to open. As you can turn on/off the function via settings I assume like you it must be some kind of magnet or solenoid which is triggering the boot to retract. Unfortunately I've no idea where it is though.
  17. I completely misread your message. I've just checked & the digital certificate for my Superb is available for download in the app 🤯 and as you stated contains all the service and warranty approved information... I wonder if I could get the same for my Octavia if I link it with the app?
  18. Seems to be working for me in Switzerland (app access plus online traffic)
  19. I had the same problem in my Octavia last year which was resolved by a reGas but this was the first time it had been checked in 10 years. It should last longer than 9 months unless there's a small leak of course.
  20. My 2023 2L TDi superb "officially" take 0W30 oil. However, from my understanding, as long as it is VW504/507 equivalent, either is fine.
  21. Yes it was last week. They told me it's a "common" issue on the superb , "It's a feature not a bug". but that there's no easy solution to it. It's just a heating noise as the heating system warms up and some parts expand. On my car it lasts 30-60s once warm air starts flowing & I didn't want them to take anything apart in the dash to investigate it so I will just live with it. I guess it won't get better because after 1 year it's still the same.
  22. My flat head screw driver was not right right tool 😬 ?
  23. It could be the case that the latest design is more rigid than the previous one. You can't see it has crossed reinforcements in the plastic moulding which the previous one does not have. However both feel solid and unlikely to flex under the force of just the spring... My Octavia makes the same scraping noise even with the Bosch blades when they are coming to the end of their life. Looking at the profile, they don't particularly look worn or degraded. My assumption is that the rubber hardens over time in the UV light and this is what causes the scraping. It's not really how much you use the blade, rather how long it's exposed to the daylight that determines it's lifetime
  24. Is it a phev engine you have in the karoq? I could understand that a new phev engine could go longer than 2 years for an oil change if it counts engine running time instead of just days. However, it's still strange to me that the mechanical inspection would be longer than 2 years. Maybe post the same question in the karoq forum?? Many new cars, driven by new EVs are moving from fixed service intervals to predictive diagnostics so you only need to visit the dealer when the oil quality sensor shows it is dirty or air quality sensor requests the filter is changed. However I haven't heard of VAG doing this
  25. It was a typo... Fuelly was the old app that I used to use on my Octavia 2014. I use Fuelio now as recommended by several people from the Octavia forum. https://fuel.io/

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.