Everything posted by 26DIPP
-
VCDS options on Superb III.FL
Did I write this?
-
Roof rack compatibility
I thought the question was about the roof bar foot pack for the estate. They are different for S3 and Kodiaq.
-
Coasting & ECO Mode
On a 2023 L&K TDI the car coasts all the time. I wished I could easily code it out. I prefer a degree of engine breaking.On my last S2 I did coast by going into N.
-
Roof rack compatibility
Superb 3 and Kodiaq roof bars are different and require different attachment feet.
-
VCDS options on Superb III.FL
Hi, Thank you for the detailed explanations. I used some on a 2023 SIII L&K, however I had to revert some as I seem to have very different codings of some controllers and I had some errors. I did the coding with VCP. The seat settings worked, I could also stop the engine on warning with the driver door open, the light not on warning when not on auto, high beam memory and a few others. I could not code the pingpong of the ACC, the DSG coasting disabling and reverted. I would have liked to code the eyelashes!!! I have taken a screen shot of the lamp adaptation page. If anyone knows which lamp numbers are the eyelashes I might try again. When I coded as described I received an error to check my fog lights. I was left with a stupid error which I am unable to trace back so far. I tried to code the VZE /TSR and after getting nowhere I simply copied and pasted my original coding for the controllers. STG17 is still showing VZE error in the dash when I switch on the ignition. The error is in the attached pdf file. Does anyone know which adaption I did not revert by any chance? DTC STG17.pdf
-
Skoda Superb 2023 OBDEleven Long Coding
Hello, In the section "Traffic Sign Recognition" you mentioned a few STGs by name but not code or number. What number is "driver Assistance". It is not mentioned in VCDS or VCP when I scan my SIII. Mine is 2023.
-
TMC traffic events no longer being received...firmware update required?
Days later, since my post a couple of lines up, I managed to get through the thread. Brilliant thread and work around. Sadly I am now on a MIB3. I had a few weeks left on the first year skoda connect contract when I got the car, but - unless I made some mistake - I never had traffic data on the sat nav. I have not renewed my contract and somewhat detest this. I loved my old SII but the longer I have the SIII I am not sure about a lot "Not Simply Clever" designs. Are the MIB3 unit designed NOT to receive TMC at all from the hardware end or is this a software engineering trick? Also has anyone involved the ?Which magazine. I know that they used to pick up this kind of topic and they seem to have a better leverage and connections.
-
Mib3 Map Updates 2024.06
Hi, I came from a Superb MK2 not a MIB2. So the whole MIB is new to me, but reading across forums MIB3 feels more like a downgrade from previous MIB versions. Certainly the Sat Nav feels pants compared to my very old RNS510 / Columbus and I think Skoda has reduced functionality from the MIB2.5. Admittedly the display is nicer and bigger than the RNS510 / Columbus. Can an SD card reader like the one on the MIB2 be retro fitted to a MIB3? I am only asking because the head unit displayed USB1 and USB2 as input options in the media button next to BT. I have a blanked off slot in the glove box.
-
Mib3 Map Updates 2024.06
Hello, I am new to MIB3 coming from a SII. I did not renew the connect with Skoda after I got the car. It just had a couple of weeks left over from the free contract I guess. I turned the WLAN on in the head unit which then told me that it will not use the sim any more. What data / updates will the Superb get via Wifi / our router? Are map updates only possible through a 65GB SD card or memory stick via the car's USB-C?
-
TMC traffic events no longer being received...firmware update required?
TMC was turned off for the old SII Columbus (RNS510) either by Skoda or VAG. TMC worked everytime I crossed the channel into civilized car country. TMC news working in Belgium, Holland, Germany, France.....
-
Wheels size
I have used 7x16 ET37 with 205 55 16 as winter wheels. With a smaller ET your wheels sit further out, i.e. "fill" the wheel arches nicer. They are not approved.....
-
SOLD - Superb Propus Aero 18" alloys in pristine condition with Continental Ecocontact 6 tyres
Yes, they are still available.
-
Tourist Mode vs. DLA
We took the SIII abroad recently and as usual with my old car I just used tourist mode. I also have LED headlights with dynamic light assist which is brilliant. I have HBA too but this seems a bit more aggressive. The manual describes that enabled tourist mode automatically disables dynamic light assist. The DLA is described that it sweeps the light cone around oncoming traffic and always ensures that the sides of the road is lit. Is there a point of still using tourist mode when DLA automatically darkens areas where oncoming traffic is detected, so effectively never really blinds other drivers.
-
central locking
HI, Have a read through here - I put plenty of pictures on.
-
Car ID / PR code sticker
Thank you for the link. It did not work. Neither with the registration, nor with the VIN. Maybe a just over 1 year old car is not on the database.
-
Car ID / PR code sticker
On the same note, is there ANY generally utilized location to find the colour paint code?
-
2014 Skoda Superb estate L&K 4x4 DSG TDI 170 BHP - sold on online auction platform
I got £8225.
-
Car ID / PR code sticker
Hello, I am looking for the sticker I had on previous Skodas that contain most of the PR codes, engine code, colour code..... and more. I have just emptied the boot gone round the car with a torch .... and cannot find this sticker. Where would this be applied in a SIII these days?
-
central locking
My daughter's FII had this problem, but in the passenger lock. Use the search. It was a small circuit board which I temporarily fixed - for 1 year. Then put a new lock in. But also check for broken wires by wriggling the loom in the door space.
-
2014 Skoda Superb estate L&K 4x4 DSG TDI 170 BHP - sold on online auction platform
My superb is now on sale by a dealer in Durham for ................ ..................... Yes ................ £10495
-
Skoda Connect subscription expired
I do not have a mobile phone. I have installed the skoda connect on a android device but cannot really find anything exiting in the program.
-
What VCDS cable for SIII
I have been reading across different forums and it seems that some experienced coders seem to favour the VCP lead over VCDS particularly for the MIB3 car - which mine sadly is. Are there any VCP coders on here who have used the VCP on MIB3?
-
2014 Skoda Superb estate L&K 4x4 DSG TDI 170 BHP - sold on online auction platform
I don't think I was aware of this. Never had any issues with indicators though.
-
2014 Skoda Superb estate L&K 4x4 DSG TDI 170 BHP - sold on online auction platform
Added a picture with the engine running. No warning lights. Thanks for the comments. Also thanks for the PM. The recall warning - if you do a DVLA search on my car - is re. the software upgrade following the diesel gate. I did not do the software upgrade because of reports of increased EGR failures and a more sluggish engine. Also Euro5 did not bother us really because we live far away from any congestion zone. I bought probably one of the last few SIII estates at the wrong time a month ago - just before the Skoda website site changed to have the configuration live for the new SIV. If I had seen this, I would have not bought one and kept the SII to then go and order a new Superb IV estate L&K 4x4 TDI. I have been living in the hope to find a SIII estate TDI 4x4.... since 2020 when Skoda decided to stop selling it in the UK. Never mind, maybe my new SIII may be up for sale soon.
-
2014 Skoda Superb estate L&K 4x4 DSG TDI 170 BHP - sold on online auction platform
Price dropped to £8600