Skip to content

26DIPP

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 26DIPP

  1. Thanks, I have just ordered from Skoda.
  2. Hi, It is a 2009 model.
  3. I have not thought of changing the hose as a whole... but that might be another option.
  4. I have an oil on the back of a BXW engine. It looks like a small leak from the upper corrugated hose connection into the crank case breather unit. I removed the hose and tried to clean it as a fix. The unit is a little tricky to get to, but when the airfilter box is off you can get to it easier from above. There is an o-ring which looks o.k. but I am not sure what else should leak up there The stupid thing is that I replaced the crank case breather 2.5 years ago. Did I get a bad unit? Do I have to replace it again? Has anyone simply changed the o-ring with success?
  5. ECP are pretty good.
  6. Hi, I have changed the suspension arm ball joints on a FII. Do people generally do a tracking after this job or can I assume that the geometry has not changed? After all it is 3 bolts one way and the ball joint in the other end with no room for adjustment on there. The track rods were not touched.
  7. Thanks, I will remember for next time. Agree, not very obvious.
  8. I have bought a pair of ball joints for the front. The catalogue states Part x up to 5J-8-3172973 and part y from VIN 5J-8-3172974 onwards. Now my VIN is My reading was that I needed part x and not part y. However when I checked the parts against the car the car had part y fitted. Did I misinterpret the VIN advice so badly?
  9. Looking at the wiring and also controller outputs, fuse 22 suplies the BCM and also the "connector for diagnostic connection". This might have been the problem... missing diagnostics.
  10. Jocko's looks more like the SII display setup. Our FII display is more like the OP's display separated into 2 halves.
  11. I just had a look at my daughter's FII from 2009. The display is off and even when I work the closed door handle the display stays off. The Fabia normally displays if any door, bonnet or boot is open. The bonnet opening is integrated into the windscreen wash and interrupts when the bonnet is open. Ours is the level 3 / elegance trim. 117 mA is a lot for a shut down FII - I think.
  12. Do you have ABS - anti lock - function?
  13. Check the bulkhead under the plastic grill and also whether the water is appearing under the car when you poor water onto the roof drain.
  14. If one button on the remote is not working, it could be dirt inside the contact pad. You could try and open up the key and make contact with a metal and check if the key works that way. Other wise you might have to get new circuit board. Re. the other key sometimes not working on other doors this could be a problem with a broken wire in the door loom.
  15. I thought, the DSG does not have a direct mechanical link between stick and clutches and it is all actuator controlled, so you should not be able to shift into R for "Rally" when going forward as you would have been able in a manual and grind the cogs. If I go into manual mode on the DSG it will also not allow up or down shifting if I am not in the rev range for the specific gear.
  16. Have a look on this PDF. The buzzer looks like being behind the 3. brake light. Time to retrofit a RVC. PDC Yeti.pdf
  17. Does the noise come from one of the pullies that drive the alternator and AC compressor? If the AC is on there is a different load on the pullies and the noise disappears. Just a thought that one of the bearings might be on its way out.
  18. You can still go into coasting by putting the DSG into N.
  19. I fitted remote central locking to a 94 Audi 100 Avant. It was an aftermarket kit, which basically operated the central locking via an actuator. It was installed onto the driver side lock and had a separate remote.
  20. They do come out. I have fitted heated washer jets.
  21. Back to the question... Does the wirring change with engine revs? Do you get it with ignition on alone too, i.e. no engine running? does it disappear when all electrics are off - radio, fan?
  22. the washer jets do not move when activated. It could have accidentally popped out...
  23. I wired a Suberb autodimming mirror into the Fabia ceiling and courtesy light. The current draw of the mirror is very small and you have 12V and earth available in the ceiling light assembly.
  24. I assume your son's car has a door lock button inside. Can you lock and unlock all doors using this button? Another possibility for the persistent failure is the fact that a live 12V and a ground cable look damaged in the loom. This could have burnt "something" on the PCB of the door controller.
  25. I fitted a Superb autodimming mirror in a Fabia. I had one spare after fitting a High Beam assist one in the Superb instead. I only needed a bracket, glued it to the windscreen and connected the electrics to the internal light.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.