Skip to content

D402

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by D402

  1. I've not got KESSY and have three!
  2. replaced by an option in the Car->Settings->Opening and Closing menu
  3. The same happened to me, a vertical crack straight down from the top edge near the middle with no apparent cause. It was replaced under insurance with no questions asked.
  4. Thanks again @MartiniB I can't fit ECE AS(A1) 2023 onto my 16gb card even with the unused languages deleted, does anyone know if there's another workaround?
  5. Now I understand the problem! Disc skimming in the UK would cost more than new discs I think. Since you have stands I would recommend using them. I put mine in the location suggested by @JR RS that will not get in the way of your jack:
  6. You can do it one wheel at a time. Make sure the corner you are working on is securely supported though, you will have to work underneath the car to do the carrier bolts.
  7. You are right about the carriers. The front carrier bolts have the normal hexagonal heads on mine, can't remember the size but it was in my 1/2" socket set. They are torqued to 200Nm and awkward to access but it can be done, unclipping a section of the undertray helped me gain an extra bit of space for the torque wrench.
  8. Reminds me of the car that didn't like vanilla ice cream
  9. Here you go, it says to use a screwdriver but the key is perfect for the job too. P.S, all I did to insert this image was copy and paste it then it uploaded automatically, so easy
  10. I think I've fixed the glovebox door so it latches properly again 🤞 Pulling the door upwards from the left hand hinge to realign the catches and a smear of grease on the catch pins seems to have done the trick.
  11. @MarkyG82I think @Phil-Ewas aiming a my original post. I am convinced the garage have done something as well as the oil change. It wouldn't surprise me if the system was programmed to slow down shifts as it approaches the scheduled maintenance and set them back to normal when it's done so that the profitable service feels worthwhile and you come back for more!
  12. Can i ask how much that plan is costing you? It was a Black Friday 2020 deal at £12.75 per month for 24 months consisting of one oil service and one extended scope with air and pollen filters included & at what age of car and at how many miles is your car now? The car is 4.5 years old and coming up to 39000 miles What servicing was previously done pre Extended scope and oil and inspection service? I've had the car from new, leased for the first two years on another Black Friday deal. Being leased, it was on variable servicing to start with and had its first oil service when the car requested it at 18000 miles and 18 months old. Covid meant I started working from home and hardly used the car. It was a relief when the car requested another oil service in April 2021 at 34000 miles and this was done on the service plan. The service interval must have been reset to annual servicing hence the recent service. Extended Scope comes up every 3 years. So would pollen and air filter get changed on all 3 year old petrol cars if the had a service plan? That is not to Skoda / VW recommendations or schedule. The pollen filter is due at 2 years. The air filter would be at the 2nd Extended Scope so at 6 years, maybe 60,000 miles. Looks like the service plan gives you more than the service schedule requires and I guess they've done the extended scope service with the filters early as this is included. I'm not complaining as I feel the car has been serviced appropriately for the use it's had. The next question for me is when and where to have the cambelt changed...
  13. Air and pollen filters are included in the service plan at the 'extended scope' service, had mine done last week.
  14. I've just had a DSG service done at nearly 40,000 miles and am surprised at the positive effects it's had - shifts are much crisper and occur earlier making for a more responsive drive. Previously I would often see the gear display indicate a shift a second or more before it actually occurred, now it shifts first and then the display updates. Has anyone else had a similar outcome?
  15. Is the pointy thing the remote release for the back seats?
  16. True, no difference in fuel consumption between D and S modes in my experience.
  17. That's odd, mine will usually be in 5th doing a steady 30 on the flat. It only uses 3rd at 30 during a DPF regen.
  18. @philg25I'm told that it should be possible to re-engage the spindle thread but that it may have a left-hand thread. Also to be reassured that you are not the first to fall into this trap, including mechanics who should have known better. Have you tried turning the spindle both ways while pushing the piston back?
  19. Are you sure it doesn't have AA? My 2015 SE Business did and that's a much lower spec.
  20. With this EPB, you mustn't turn the piston, just push it straight it in. @philg25 I would try removing the motor as shown in the video, then push the piston back while turning the spindle in the hope of re-engaging the actuator thread. If that works, wind it right back, push the piston fully back, reassemble everything then clear the EPB fault and run the 'Start lining' and 'End lining' if it'll let you. Check that the brake pedal is firm before driving, you may have allowed air into the system; if so the caliper needs bleeding. Be prepared for needing a new caliper though, good luck.
  21. Nearly two months on and I've had no further problems, reseating the tyre must have cured the leak.
  22. We tried pushing but couldn't shift it. I should have known better than to drive on to the soft grass in the first place really; I saw our neighbour's wheel tracks and assumed they'd been driving in and out without problems when, in fact, they'd had to be towed out too.
  23. Got it stuck in mud while on holiday, d'oh! At least I got far enough to line up for an easy tow out. It might be useful to report that you press the top of the rear towing eye cover to open it, and the towing eye has a left hand thread.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.