Skip to content

Warrior193

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Warrior193

  1. Also be very aware of and take precautions against static electricity discharge.
  2. Absolutely no issues with either of our two Mk3 gearboxes (2015 & 2018 M6/MQ250?) - predominant use of both vehicles is relatively short trips. Both still on original clutches.
  3. Hello, welcome to the forum. I'd suspect the phone charger (or possibly I-phone battery) is faulty - it sounds to me that it is shutting down because it is incorrectly detecting an excess current condition.
  4. I've also seen it suggested to do the same when fitting a new brake shield. Not had issues with either of our vehicles - but it seems to be a common failure for the shields to rot away around the mounting bolts.
  5. OK, but you didn't mention closed throttle in your original post.
  6. Are you aware that the GPF regens on closed-throttle overrun? - not by using similar method as DPF regen.
  7. I believe it's suggested to cut the backplate to enable it being removed without disturbing the hub.
  8. At 'just over 12 volts' your battery SOC is only about 50%, I suggest that it needs to be recharged at the very least. Do you know if the replacement battery was adapted (coded) correctly when it was fitted?
  9. I have Bosch Aerotwin A 860S listed for my Mk3 fronts...which also appear to be listed for Mk7 Golf.
  10. Have you had the starter battery tested? Battery voltage dropping below a certain threshold while vehicle is locked can activate alarm. Suggest a good load test is done.
  11. I suspect this A1 has been sadly neglected - 1 litre of oil to bring level to minimum mark! SWMBO's Fabia with almost exact same engine (CHZC) at uses practically zero oil between annual services, currently at 25K miles.
  12. OP did mention considering MPI, may not require Euro 6 and older vehicle may be all that is needed for intended use.
  13. Hello, welcome to the forum. Looks pretty damn good externally. How does the engine sound?
  14. I'm not sure I'd trust those seat belts to remain locked in the event of a serious crash!
  15. Only problem with that plan is the cost of the 'restoration' would exceed the VED savings, with the break-even timescale possibly being longer than the restored vehicles lifespan. There was a guy who wanted to own the very last Moggy Minor ever constructed, it was built from stock parts and cost (I think) 10 times the OTR price of a factory build!
  16. Which is why I suggested that a MPI might be best choice.
  17. When was it last serviced, has it ever been serviced?
  18. Ask your friend when was the last time the oil level was checked.
  19. When you say your pollen filter had been mounted 'upside down' which way was the directional arrow pointing?
  20. Presumably your au pair disabled SS in the jam 😒 Suggest first checking coolant for combustion products, I'm a little concerned that the head or block may have suffered a crack from cold shock when coolant was added - I did that once after cooking my mini - even after allowing more than 30 mins from shut down.
  21. It's not necessarily safe to assume that a garage mechanic knows what is required - especially where a particular vehicle may not be familiar to them. There are often specialist tools or procedures required to perform certain service functions, not all mechanics or garages have that knowledge.
  22. It could be either, I don't know if there's an easy way to distinguish between the two failures - but probably better to replace the easiest first (master cylinder if fitted with concentric slave) It's quite possible that the Mk2 is not fitted with concentric slave cylinder.
  23. Hello cobber, welcome to the forum, how's the weather down there? Does your stop/start (idle stop) not operate? Does the fan operate? Odd that the temperature gauge doesn't register overheating - was cold water added to engine while it was overheated?
  24. TSI is far better suited to short runs than TDI, but they will benefit from regular longer trips. Perhaps a MPI would be better suited to you if very short runs are almost sole use - but engine wear is greatest in the first 5 to 10 miles of any trip, regardless of fuel type. The main issue with TDI short runs is DPF not being regenerated sufficiently.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.