Everything posted by Warrior193
- Another passenger side airbag light thread.
-
Manual gearbox in 1.0 MPI any good for short tips?
Absolutely no issues with either of our two Mk3 gearboxes (2015 & 2018 M6/MQ250?) - predominant use of both vehicles is relatively short trips. Both still on original clutches.
-
cigar lighter charger Iphone
Hello, welcome to the forum. I'd suspect the phone charger (or possibly I-phone battery) is faulty - it sounds to me that it is shutting down because it is incorrectly detecting an excess current condition.
-
Octavia 3 Front Brake Pad Plate Removal
I've also seen it suggested to do the same when fitting a new brake shield. Not had issues with either of our vehicles - but it seems to be a common failure for the shields to rot away around the mounting bolts.
- Limp Mode
- Limp Mode
-
Octavia 3 Front Brake Pad Plate Removal
I believe it's suggested to cut the backplate to enable it being removed without disturbing the hub.
-
Škoda Superb Alarm constantly being triggered
At 'just over 12 volts' your battery SOC is only about 50%, I suggest that it needs to be recharged at the very least. Do you know if the replacement battery was adapted (coded) correctly when it was fitted?
- Estate Windscreen Wipers
-
Škoda Superb Alarm constantly being triggered
Have you had the starter battery tested? Battery voltage dropping below a certain threshold while vehicle is locked can activate alarm. Suggest a good load test is done.
-
1.0 CHZB woes
I suspect this A1 has been sadly neglected - 1 litre of oil to bring level to minimum mark! SWMBO's Fabia with almost exact same engine (CHZC) at uses practically zero oil between annual services, currently at 25K miles.
-
Scala 1.0TSi (2023) for short trips?
OP did mention considering MPI, may not require Euro 6 and older vehicle may be all that is needed for intended use.
-
2010 Fabia 1.6tdi Elegance Estate - From no MOT purchase to smart modded Daily Driver!
Hello, welcome to the forum. Looks pretty damn good externally. How does the engine sound?
-
Seat belt unlocks itself
I'm not sure I'd trust those seat belts to remain locked in the event of a serious crash!
-
Guess the Hire Car.... Mac's 2019 game
Merc G-wagon? 😁
-
Seems sensible (VED petition)
Only problem with that plan is the cost of the 'restoration' would exceed the VED savings, with the break-even timescale possibly being longer than the restored vehicles lifespan. There was a guy who wanted to own the very last Moggy Minor ever constructed, it was built from stock parts and cost (I think) 10 times the OTR price of a factory build!
-
Scala 1.0TSi (2023) for short trips?
Which is why I suggested that a MPI might be best choice.
-
1.0 CHZB woes
When was it last serviced, has it ever been serviced?
-
1.0 CHZB woes
Ask your friend when was the last time the oil level was checked.
-
Issues with AC
When you say your pollen filter had been mounted 'upside down' which way was the directional arrow pointing?
-
Coolant over pressurising
Presumably your au pair disabled SS in the jam 😒 Suggest first checking coolant for combustion products, I'm a little concerned that the head or block may have suffered a crack from cold shock when coolant was added - I did that once after cooking my mini - even after allowing more than 30 mins from shut down.
-
brakes
It's not necessarily safe to assume that a garage mechanic knows what is required - especially where a particular vehicle may not be familiar to them. There are often specialist tools or procedures required to perform certain service functions, not all mechanics or garages have that knowledge.
-
Clutch pedal goes to the floor, but recovers when pulled back
It could be either, I don't know if there's an easy way to distinguish between the two failures - but probably better to replace the easiest first (master cylinder if fitted with concentric slave) It's quite possible that the Mk2 is not fitted with concentric slave cylinder.
-
Coolant over pressurising
Hello cobber, welcome to the forum, how's the weather down there? Does your stop/start (idle stop) not operate? Does the fan operate? Odd that the temperature gauge doesn't register overheating - was cold water added to engine while it was overheated?
-
Scala 1.0TSi (2023) for short trips?
TSI is far better suited to short runs than TDI, but they will benefit from regular longer trips. Perhaps a MPI would be better suited to you if very short runs are almost sole use - but engine wear is greatest in the first 5 to 10 miles of any trip, regardless of fuel type. The main issue with TDI short runs is DPF not being regenerated sufficiently.