Skip to content

Warrior193

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Warrior193

  1. Welcome to the forum. I'm surprised the system worked at all - these systems are usually coded to the vehicle they were originally fitted. Was anything done to the unit to defeat the protection coding?
  2. Welcome to the forum. That sounds as if the system is blindly applying the 10MPH motorway speed reduction to all roads.
  3. You will not find any data for 'AC clutch' as the Mk3 A/C system doesn't have one - the compressor is permanently driven via a sacrificial shear plate.
  4. Sort urban trips will usually keep the battery charge level at only around or below the SS operating threshold. Even with longer runs, the smart alternator algorithm will often prevent the battery from attaining a completely full charge - although still allowing SS to operate.
  5. ...But the system warnings should be inhibited if you reset the system at the lower pressures (within reason) you want to use.
  6. Lower pressures could well be appropriate for snowy conditions, and, in any case will soon gain some pressure once you are running - I'd leave them as is and recheck at your first rest stop.
  7. Consider using Steel-Wire Armoured Cable for the run.
  8. I confess to being very surprised that this seal was picked up on an MOT - was it flagging a fuel purge fault (MIL) on the instrument cluster?
  9. I admit to bias - but I'd suggest the manual would be king - unless you used the DSG in manual mode while towing.
  10. Welcome to the forum. Just turn off the audio ECO advisories and use the gear appropriate for the load you are pulling.
  11. Has this engine been tested for cylinder compressions?
  12. Provided your usual garage has the equipment necessary to scan for DTCs recorded and have suitably qualified technicians, there should be no reason they would not be able to fix the problem.
  13. Very possible that a ABS wheel sensor or connection got damaged during the tyre blowout.
  14. Unless alterations were made other than simply carrying out a normal software update, I cannot see how that could affect a warranty in any way. Actual modifications might if they do spot something non-standard though.
  15. I think you now have two problems. Your original issue with incorrect GPS positions is very likely to be an antenna problem - it's not uncommon for the roof seal of the 'shark fin' to fail and allow water ingress to the antenna base.
  16. Stop-Start error indication is normal if MIL light is activated - as would Cruise Control unavailable.
  17. I disagree with a previous post that said Android uses the same data as built-in system. I believe your problem may be a faulty GPS antenna - is this vehicle a Kombi?
  18. Aftermarket TPMS system is usually stand-alone, with its own, separate display. OEM system is integrated into vehicles infotainment system.
  19. Welcome to the forum. I understand that it's not a good idea to leave anything permanently plugged into the OBD port. OBD port power is sourced from the vehicle battery - so battery will be affected. Even very small unexpected current draws are capable of upsetting the smart alternator charging system.
  20. I was referring to generic aftermarket direct TPMS systems - not OEM. Definitely do not consider worth the cost of fitting one of these to a vehicle that already has a perfectly adequate TPMS system fitted!
  21. I'm pretty sure 100m at 20psi and lowish speeds wouldn't be the reason the tyre was not repairable.
  22. It is possible to fit an aftermarket direct TPMS system - although I'd not consider it worth the cost. In my experience with a number of slow punctures, the indirect (ABS) system is accurate enough. Tyre pressure checks should be part of regular driver routine, along with fluids.
  23. A problem could arise if the contract was signed accepting one key only as part of the sale.
  24. From your description, I'd suggest very likely something wrong with the replacement fuel pump.
  25. That advice seem strange - wasn't 'component protection' started sometime after 2017?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.